The definition of an expatriate is obsolete because more people, including local nationals and expats, regularly travel internationally, due to their lifestyle, income and careers: a view shared by Ian Youngman, author of the brand new IPMI report, International Health Insurance 2019 and Generali Global Health CEO Marco Giacomelli.
In the video Generali Global Health CEO Marco Giacomelli explains why IPMI is so important for globally mobile people and why the traditional concept of expatriates is becoming outdated.
IPMI report author Ian Youngman adds, "International private medical insurance (IPMI) was traditionally considered an exclusive health insurance plan for expatriates. Now, the definition of an expatriate is obsolete because more people, including local nationals and expats, regularly travel internationally, due to their lifestyle, income and careers. These people need international medical insurance irrespective of their national status or residency. Local nationals, expats, and global nomads are driving demand for IPMI products well beyond any residency classification.
The globally mobile population has grown dramatically along with the increased global business. There are 66 million expatriates, and by 2020 this will be 87.5 million. 260 million people now live away from their country of birth and within a decade the total number of expatriate workers and international students will be 100 million.
IPMI as health insurance without borders is the future of health insurance for all people irrespective of their country of nationality, residence or current domicile. The domestic health insurance market is changing and expanding in many markets around the world. Technology, innovation in health treatment and digitisation of processes are also powerful shapers of the future of health insurance."
Download a copy of International Health Insurance 2019 here: https://ipmimagazine.com/medical-health-insurance/en/reports/item/5590-international-health-insurance-2019-the-definitive-report
For more details about Generali Global Health International Private Medical Insurance (iPMI) plans, please visit www.generaliglobalhealth.com/our-plans
- Video: Paul Tidy COO Explains How Generali Global Health Works With Group And External Partners
- Video: What Do UK Insurance Brokers Like About Generali Global Health Global Choice IPMI Plans?
- VIDEO: Generali Global Health CEO Marco Giacomelli Discusses The Mission Of Generali Global Health
- VIDEO: Paul Tidy COO Introduces The Generali Global Health Provider Network
- VIDEO: Paul Tidy COO Introduces Generali Global Health's Digital Services
- VIDEO: Generali Global Health's Claim Process Explained
- Generali Global Health Win International Travel & Health Insurer Of The Year At ITIJ Awards
- Generali Global Health Accelerates Growth In EMEA Region With Appointment Of New Head Of Business Development
- Generali Global Health Launches Concierge Service in Hong Kong
- Generali Global Health Launches New International Health Insurance Plan In Hong Kong
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Eithan Wolf, CEO, PassportCard Germany
- HCI Group Launches New Modular iPMI Plan, NIMBL Health
- APRIL International Maintains Top IPMI Service Rating For 2nd Consecutive Year
- Allianz Partners Continues Growth Trajectory Driven By Travel Rebound
- Allianz Partners Enhances Health Business With New Appointments