Reports of an explosion at Sabiha Gokcen airport in Istanbul at around 2am on 23 December 2015; the circumstances of the incident are currently under investigation; the airport remains open.
Over 2,500,000 British nationals visit Turkey every year.
British nationals need a visa to travel to Turkey, except for cruise ship passengers with ‘British Citizen’ passports who arrive at sea ports for tourist visits to the port city or nearby cities, provided that the visit doesn’t exceed 72 hours.
If you’re visiting Turkey as a tourist or on business, get an e-Visa online before you travel. Only use the official Republic of Turkey e-Visa website. Avoid unauthorised websites as they may charge an additional fee. Some unauthorised websites have issued fake e-Visas.
If you don’t have an e-Visa you can still get a visa on arrival for £20 in cash, although the visa on arrival service is due to be phased out. Getting an e-Visa from the official website before you travel will avoid possible problems or delays at the Turkish border, or when boarding your flight in the UK.
Take out comprehensive international private medical insurance before you travel to Turkey, to cover the cost of any medical treatment abroad or emergency repatriation and evacuation. Be sure to read the small print of all iPMI policies before you purchase.
- Sheldon Kenton Appointed President And CEO Of IPMI Leader GeoBlue
- International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Policy Designed To Meet The Needs Of Expatriates Living In France Pre And Post BREXIT
- Save 25% When You Join iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory - Black Friday Sale Starts Now
- 24 Hours Left - Save 25% When You Join iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory - OFFER ENDS 23RD Oct 2018
- Save 25% When You Join iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory*
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory October 2018
- UnitedHealthcare Global Launch New International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Product
- Cigna Opens New Global Sales Centre For Global Individual Private Medical Insurance Business At Dubai International Financial Centre
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory September 2018
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory August 2018
- Expanding UK Based DoctorCall Becomes An International Assistance Group Accredited Service Provider
- IPMI, Assistance, Air Ambulance, Cost Containment And Claims Management, Funeral Directors, Ground Ambulance, Healthcare Insurance Management, Pharmacy Benefits Management
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory July 2018
- SAVE 33% When You Join iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory*
- William Russell Ltd Appoints Over Twenty Years’ Of IPMI Experience
- iPMI Upgrade For SMEs
- SGI Launches European Health Cash Plan
- HR Directors Report Rising Demand From Overseas Employees For iPMI Cover Over Past 5 Years
- ALC Health Appoints Colin Kirkpatrick as Managing Director Designate
- International Medical Group Demonstrates Commitment To UAE By Obtaining Consultancy License, Opening Office In Dubai
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Measles Continues To Be A Threat To Workers Travelling Abroad
- Brits Want To Move To Europe Despite Brexit
- Protecting Field Workers During Emergency Response Programmes
- New UK Insurance Advisor In ‘Prime’ Position With AMII Membership
- Teladoc Health To Expand Global Reach With Acquisition of MédecinDirect
- Counter Terrorism Risks: Post Room Vigilance
- Video: What Do UK Insurance Brokers Like About Generali Global Health Global Choice IPMI Plans?
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Jerome Droesch, CEO, Cigna, MENA
- AM Best Affirms Credit Ratings Of Trustmark Group, Inc. And Its Subsidiaries
- AM Best Affirms Credit Ratings Of Starr Property & Casualty Insurance (China) Company, Limited
- HX Global - US Division Of Healix International Appoints Tim Crockett As Senior Vice President US Business Operations
- Travel Insurance Saving Tips For Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- Why Do Expats Fear Coming Home?
- Poll Reveals Nearly Half Of People With Pre-Existing Medical Conditions Travel Without Adequate Travel Insurance
- VIDEO: Generali Global Health CEO Marco Giacomelli Discusses The Mission Of Generali Global Health
- Association of Medical Insurers And Intermediaries (AMII) To Host Insurance Distribution Directive (IDD) Workshop
- VIDEO: Paul Tidy COO Introduces The Generali Global Health Provider Network
- FAI Welcomes Seventh Global Express
- Warning Against Fake Anti-Rabies Vaccine In The Philippines
- SOS International: Be Careful When Relying On The Blue European Health Insurance Card In Spain
- International SOS And Chinese Enterprise Association (SINGAPORE) Sign A Partnership Agreement
- Allianz X Increases Fund Size To €1 Billion
- Business Investment In Mental Health Outweighs The Cost: The Health Insurance Group Urges Businesses To Review Their Mental Health Support
- FCA publishes Wholesale Insurance Brokers Market Study Final Report
- VIDEO: Paul Tidy COO Introduces Generali Global Health's Digital Services
- Profits Continue To Rise For National Insurers In The United Arab Emirates
- VIDEO: Generali Global Health's Claim Process Explained
- Learn All About Digital Marketing In The iPMI Market - Download New iPMI Magazine Media Kit 2019
- The Health Insurance Group Becomes A Member Of GBN Worldwide