14 January 2015 and there were explosions and gunfire reported in the vicinity of the Sari Pan Pacific Hotel and Sarinah Plaza on Jalan Sudirman Thamrin, Jakarta in central Jakarta, Indonesia. You should avoid the affected area, limit your movements and follow the advice of local authorities.
You should exercise caution when travelling to Aceh, Central Sulawesi Province (especially Palu, Poso and Tentena), Maluku Province (especially Ambon), Papua and West Papua Province due to potential for violence or violent conflict.
Clashes July 2014, resulted in the death of security service personnel and civilians in the Lanny Jaya regency of Papua province. If you’re travelling in the region you should exercise extreme caution.
Following the abduction of a British national in the Aceh region of Northern Sumatra in June 2013, you should exercise caution in the area. While the risk of abduction is not high, you should be aware that 1 French national and 5 Chinese nationals were abducted in separate incidents in 2008.
Around 220,000 British nationals visit Indonesia every year. Take out comprehensive international private medical and travel insurance before you travel to Indonesia.
- Healthy Passenger Demand Continues in 2018 With Another Record Load Factor
- Europe The Number 1 Destination People Wish To Visit In 2019
- September Passenger Demand Shows Hurricane Hit
- Some 46 Million More Tourists Travelled Internationally in 2016 Compared To 2015
- Global Passenger Traffic Results Show Demand Grew 7% Compared To Same Month In 2015
- VIDEO: Passenger Demand To Double Over 20 Years
- Real-Time Tracking of Bags to Save Air Transport Industry $3 Billion
- Nearly A Third Of Millennials Travelled Uninsured Last Year
- How To Communicate In A Medical Emergency In Indonesia
- Kenya Travel Advice: Heightened Personal Security During The Christmas Holiday Season
- American Express Global Business Travel Partners With iJET International To Deliver End-to-End Travel Risk Management
- VIDEO: Airlines Continue to Improve Profitability 5.1% Net Profit Margin for 2016
- Total Passengers Set To Double To 7 Billion By 2034
- Global Passenger Traffic Results For September Showing Solid Demand Growth
- Lebanon Travel Security Warning: Explosions In Southern Suburb Area Beirut
- Traveling Abroad with Confidence: ACE Provides Essential Tips for Overseas Business Travel
- Healthy Passenger Demand in November
- International Tourist Arrivals Worldwide Grow 5% 1st 8 Months Of 2014
- Mexico Travel Warning: Hurricane Odile - British Nationals Advised To Leave Via Aeropuerto Internacional De Los Cabos International Airport (SJD)
- Marsh Canada Acquires Kocisko Insurance Brokers Inc.
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Speakers Announced For AMII AGM
- Airlec Ambulance Appoints Dr. Cyrille Montesinos As Medical Director
- Airlec Air Ambulance
- APRIL International Care UK Appoints New Business Development Manager
- A Third Of Expats In The UK Are Worried About Domestic Politics
- MSH International Boosts Its Global Expansion With New Health And Travel Insurance Products And Services
- CEGA's Medical Screening Solution Attracts Millstream Underwriting
- What’s Shaping The Assistance Needs Of The Globally Mobile?
- ECMO Repatriation On The Air Alliance Challenger 604
- BIBA Welcomes FCA’s Update On Improving Access To Travel Insurance For People With Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- AIG Appoints Kathleen Zortman as President & Chief Executive Officer of Private Client Group, General Insurance
- TAT Continues “Thailand Travel Shield” Insurance Project
- AM Best Affirms Credit Ratings of National General Insurance Company (P.S.C.)
- Claims Management Companies Enter FCA Regulation
- International Health Insurance 2019: The Definitive iPMI Market Report
- Starr Insurance Companies Taps Carmella Capitano To Lead Primary General Casualty-Risk Management
- FINEOS AdminSuite Core Platform In Production With Tier 1 US Group And Voluntary Benefits Carrier
- Brexit, The EU & IPT – AMII Chair Announces Key Themes For AGM
- Download Company e-Directory: iPMI - Assistance - Air Ambulance - Funeral Directors - Cost Containment - Claims Management + MORE
- AXA Global Healthcare Launches International Health Insurance Foundation Cover Level
- Video: Paul Tidy COO Explains How Generali Global Health Works With Group And External Partners
- 2019 Starts On A Positive Note For Passenger Demand
- Lloyd’s Reports Aggregated Market Results For 2018
- SOS International Publishes Annual Results For 2018
- China Exposes Hospitals Involved In Medical Insurance Fraud
- UAE Cabinet Approves New Provisions For Sponsoring Expat Family Members
- Marsh & Mclennan Completes Acquisition Of Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Established UAE Takaful Company Reports Significant Increase In Its Top-Line
- China Issues Foreign Investment Law: Guangxi Takes Initiative In Global Investment Promotion
- Healix International Offers Guidance For Employers With LGBT Employees Travelling To And Working In Brunei