12 January 2016 and there has been an explosion in the Sultanahmet district of Istanbul.
If you’re in the affected area you should follow the instructions of the local security authorities.
On 30 December 2015, 2 men were detained in Ankara on suspicion of planning terrorist attacks.
The terrorist group Teyre Azadiye Kurdistan has claimed responsibility for a mortar attack on Sabiha Gokcen airport in Istanbul while the airport was closed for the night on 23 December. The Turkish authorities have increased security measures at airports in Istanbul in response.
There were 2 explosions near the main Ankara train station in the Ulus area on 10 October. At least 100 people were killed and more than 180 injured.
On 19 August 2015 there was an incident involving gunfire and a sound grenade in an attack on Turkish national police guards stationed outside Dolmabahçe Palace in Istanbul. On 10 August, 2 people opened fire outside the US Consulate-General in Istanbul. On 27 July there were reports of possible threats to public transport in Istanbul, in particular the metro stations at Yenikapi, Taksim, Osmanbey and Haciosman and stops on the Metrobus line.
Be vigilant, monitor media reports and keep up to date with this travel advice.
The terrorist group DHKP-C (Revolutionary People’s Liberation Party Front) has launched a series of attacks in Istanbul in 2015 targeting the Turkish police and judiciary. On 5 June, two people were killed and many injured by an explosion at an HDP rally in Diyarbakir. On 9 June, 4 people were killed in an attack in Diyarbakir. You should exercise caution.
Border crossings into Syria and nearby locations have also been targeted. On 20 July, a suicide bomber killed 33 people and injured over 100 others in Suruc, Sanlurfa.
- International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Policy Designed To Meet The Needs Of Expatriates Living In France Pre And Post BREXIT
- International Health Insurer Allianz Care Announces Appointments For Qatar And Germany
- International Medical Group WorldAware Team Up to Assist Customers and Clients
- Now Health International Launches New Digital IPMI Product To Cater For The Next Generation Of Expatriate
- UnitedHealthcare Global Launch New International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Product
- iPMI Magazine International Private Medical Insurance Provider Network Directory April 2018
- HR Directors Report Rising Demand From Overseas Employees For iPMI Cover Over Past 5 Years
- International Medical Group Demonstrates Commitment To UAE By Obtaining Consultancy License, Opening Office In Dubai
- Burns & Wilcox Adds Top Executive to High-Net-Worth Practice
- Vista Launches VTO, Providing High-end Health Care Services To High Net-worth Individuals In China
- High-Net-Worth Individuals Worry About Underinsurance And Look For Service Excellence
- Providing iPMI To High Net Worth Individuals
- Cigna Acquires Zurich Insurance Middle East
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Tom Wilkinson, CEO of AXA’s Global Healthcare Business
- Protecting Your Staff Who Work Or Live Abroad With Nugent Santé
- What Are The Benefits For Global Brokers, Agents And Intermediaries If They Add International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) To Their Insurance Product Portfolio?
- From A Brokers Perspective The International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Market Is An Opportunity Ready To Be Taken
- The Benefits Of Providing IPMI To Global Brokers & Agents
- iPOLICY Magazine Speaks With Richard di Benedetto President Aetna International
- iPOLICY Magazine Speaks With Mr John Casey CEO Pacific Cross International
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Underinsured Rate Rose From 2014-2018, With Greatest Growth Among People in Employer Health Plans
- Flybmi Announces That It Has Ceased Operations And Is Filing For Administration
- Allianz Delivers As Promised - Full Year and Quarterly Earnings Release 2018
- Aegon Reports 2nd Half 2018 Results
- AM Best Upgrades Issuer Credit Rating Of MAPFRE Panamá S.A.
- AIG Reports Fourth Quarter 2018 Results
- Healix International Signs Up To UN Global Compact
- New iPMI Magazine Entry Level Digital Marketing Program Makes iPMI Market Entry Affordable To All
- Top 5 Cost Containment Risks For Insurers In Nepal
- Allianz Receives CBIRC Approval For Preparatory Establishment Of China’s First Fully-Owned Foreign Insurance Holding Company
- Healix Health Services Mental Health And Wellbeing White Paper Helps Brokers Guide Employers’ Mental Health Strategies
- Collinson Named In The Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200 For 2nd Year Running
- Collinson Appoints New Global Medical Director
- Healthy Passenger Demand Continues in 2018 With Another Record Load Factor
- AXIS Re Announces Daniel Osterrieder As North America Account Executive For AXIS Re Strategic Partners
- Generali Global Assistance Acquires Travel Insurance Provider Trip Mate From Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- AM Best Upgrades Issuer Credit Ratings Of The Main Operating Subsidiaries Of Nagico Holdings Limited
- US Niche Insurance: Market Dynamics, Affinities And Partnerships
- Learjet 35 XA-DOC Performs Successful Emergency Landing At Toluca Executive Airport, Mexico
- Cigna Insurance Middle East Names Jerome Droesch New Chief Executive Officer
- 1st Temos Accredited Hospital In Abu Dhabi
- Nuffield Health Appoints New Business And Market Development Director
- Air Freight Demand Ends Year Up 3.5%, Despite Softening Late 2018
- G&M International Appoints New Market Broker
- Bupa Announces 9 Further Dental Acquisitions Across The UK And The Republic Of Ireland
- Breast Cancer Risk To 6 Million Women Who Never Check For Cancer Signs
- Bupa Appoints Michael Hawker As A Non-Executive Director
- Swiss Re Estimates Its Fourth Quarter 2018 Claims Burden From Large Natural Catastrophes At USD 1.0 Billion; Large Man-Made Losses Caused Additional USD 0.3 Billion Of Claims
- Extreme Storms, Wildfires And Droughts Cause Heavy Nat Cat Losses In 2018
- AM Best Affirms Credit Ratings Of Compañía Internacional De Seguros, S.A.