A Delegation of Leading Insurance Executives Led an Informative Panel Discussion in Calgary Using a Client's Experience to Showcase Why Bermuda Continues to be a Preferred Domicile for Captive Formations.
Following the successful delivery of the first Bermuda Captive Breakfast Seminar in Calgary last year, a second event highlighting Bermuda's robust captive market took place recently. The Seminar, which provided insight into the benefits of the Canada-Bermuda Tax Information Exchange Agreement (TIEA), also served as a high-level networking event with potential buyers from large and middle market companies.
Risk managers, CFOs and prospective captive owners heard of Bermuda's value as the oldest and largest captive domicile which is well placed in close proximity to Canada. With less focus on regulatory matters and more emphasis on practical experience, this year's attendees of potential buyers and service providers heard from Parrish & Heimbecker Limited whose captive is domiciled in Bermuda.
Kevin Klippenstein, CFO, described the process the company undertook in evaluating the use of a captive vehicle in managing its corporate risks and the expertise found in Bermuda which is needed to effectively manage the captive. The format of the event encouraged highly interactive and engaging discussions between the panelists and audience, thereby generating invaluable feedback for the Bermuda delegates.
Stephen Lund, CEO of Bermuda Business Development Agency (BDA) commented "The key to capturing business in markets like Calgary is through proactive business development. The Bermuda Captive Breakfast Seminar is the right forum through which industry experts can explain why Bermuda is the intelligent choice for Canadian companies considering the use of a captive vehicle. Furthermore, the TIEA in place between Canada and Bermuda levels the playing field on taxation as compared to other domiciles."
Other sessions at the event focused on Bermuda's position as a leading captive domicile distinguished by its access to (re)insurance markets as home to many of the world's top reinsurers. With high quality expertise and sensible supervision, Bermuda continues to attract Canadian multinationals looking to establish or re-domicile a captive vehicle to better manage their corporate risks and control costs thereby capturing sustainable value for the parent company writing non-Canadian risks.
- EURAMI ITIC Review 2018
- 24 Hours Left - Save 25% When You Join iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory - OFFER ENDS 23RD Oct 2018
- Save 25% When You Join iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory*
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory October 2018
- Now Health International Launches New Digital IPMI Product To Cater For The Next Generation Of Expatriate
- UnitedHealthcare Global Launch New International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Product
- Cigna Opens New Global Sales Centre For Global Individual Private Medical Insurance Business At Dubai International Financial Centre
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory September 2018
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory August 2018
- Expanding UK Based DoctorCall Becomes An International Assistance Group Accredited Service Provider
- IPMI, Assistance, Air Ambulance, Cost Containment And Claims Management, Funeral Directors, Ground Ambulance, Healthcare Insurance Management, Pharmacy Benefits Management
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory July 2018
- SAVE 33% When You Join iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory*
- William Russell Ltd Appoints Over Twenty Years’ Of IPMI Experience
- iPMI Upgrade For SMEs
- SGI Launches European Health Cash Plan
- HR Directors Report Rising Demand From Overseas Employees For iPMI Cover Over Past 5 Years
- ALC Health Appoints Colin Kirkpatrick as Managing Director Designate
- International Medical Group Demonstrates Commitment To UAE By Obtaining Consultancy License, Opening Office In Dubai
- Black Friday Sale: Save £30 When You Publish A Front Page Exclusive News Story With iPMI Magazine
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Healix International October World Health Report Identifies Risks To Pregnant Employees Travelling To Japan And India
- Cigna Supports Doctors Without Borders In Its Mission To Treat Malnourished Children
- Healix International wins at EMEA Expatriate Management & Mobility Awards
- IFRS-17 Implementation News Oman
- In Pursuit Of Your Travel Dreams: The Way Forward Is Not Always Smooth