The EU’s landmark Insurance Distribution Directive (IDD) will come under the spotlight at a special workshop being hosted by the Association of Medical Insurers and Intermediaries (AMII) later this month.
A limited number of places are still available for the special half-day event which is being delivered by AMII’s compliance expert Branko Bjelobaba in Milton Keynes on Thursday 14 March.
The workshop is aimed at specialist healthcare insurance intermediaries and will explore the changes that intermediaries should have put into place from 1 October 2018. It will cover areas such as compulsory training, marketing materials, conduct of business, product oversight and governance, conflicts of interest, systems and controls, PII (personally identifiable information) cover and client money, ancillary insurance intermediaries, as well as provide an update on GDPR and lawful marketing.
Branko will also be joined by William Leigh, senior compliance manager at Vitality UK, who will provide delegates with an update on the impact that IDD has had on healthcare insurers and outline how IDD has affected insurer relationships with intermediaries.
Stuart Scullion, chairman of AMII, said, “IDD is designed to ensure appropriate levels of protection for insurance customers across the EU and has already started to have a significant impact on the sector.
“Following the introduction of the new legislation, this is a must-attend event which will provide a comprehensive overview of the final rules that required implementation from October last year.
“It affects retail and commercial customers - insurance and reinsurance companies, intermediaries, insurance market customers, representative groups as well as any professional bodies conducting insurance distribution activities.
“Now the legislation is here, this event will support firms to take action and implement all the necessary changes to be compliant with the new regulations.”
The event takes place from 10am to 1pm at Stadium MK, Bletchley, Milton Keynes.
Tickets are available at £99+VAT for AMII members or £299+VAT. The price includes all course materials, refreshments, on-site parking, networking opportunities and a buffet lunch.
For further details and to book your place visit the AMII event page.
- Cigna Europe Signs Up To Industry-Wide Personal Data Initiative
- New AMII Executive Chairman Appointed
- AMII Initiative Leads To Landmark Agreement For Electronic Transfer Of Underwriting
- Association Of Medical Insurers And Intermediaries Welcomes 'More' New Members
- 'Compliance Isn't So Scary Now!' – Insurance Expert To Host Second Industry Masterclass
- AMII Summit Addresses 'Prominent Issues' Of AI And Mental Health
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Remote Medical International Partners With New Frontier Group For US Cost Containment And Telemedicine
- easyJet Partners With Collinson To Provide Passengers With COVID-19 Cover
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory May 2021
- Zurich Offers Free Mental Health Education To All UK Corporations
- The Instrumental Role Of Telemedicine During And After The Pandemic