The Association of Medical Insurers and Intermediaries (AMII) has announced a second Insurance Distribution Directive (IDD) masterclass with an industry expert following a well-received compliance workshop earlier this year.
Senior Consultant on FCA Compliance, Chartered Insurance Practitioner, and Accredited Advanced General Insurance Trainer, Branko Bjelobaba will lead the second workshop called "IDD: What you should have in place now – or do you know how to sell legally!"
Aimed at specialist healthcare insurance intermediaries and providing a detailed overview of the final IDD rules which required implementation from 1 October 2018, the half-day event follows positive feedback from attendees at the first session, including "Compliance isn't so scary now!", and "This was my first compliance event and I found it really good at breaking down the requirements."
The half-day workshop on 25 June will cover areas such as compulsory training, marketing materials, conduct of business, product oversight and governance, conflicts of interest, systems and controls, PII (professional indemnity insurance) cover and client money, ancillary insurance intermediaries.
There will also be a bonus update on GDPR to clarify what clients should be told and what marketing can be done lawfully, as well as a brief overview of the forthcoming Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR), which replaces the FCA's Approved Persons Regime from December 2019.
Stuart Scullion, executive chairman of AMII, said: "Since IDD and GDPR were implemented, the changes within the sector have been significant. Although this can be a challenging and long process for businesses, the benefits are extensive.
"Branko is a hugely engaging and informed speaker who will lead a masterclass with a simple breakdown of key information and advice delivered in his easily understandable way."
A limited number of places are available for the workshop from noon to 3:30pm at Bupa, 102 The Quays, Salford Quays, M50 3SP.
As part of AMII's commitment to supporting members to meet their regulatory obligations, the course has been subsidised by AMII so delegates from member firms will only pay £99 inc. VAT per person to attend (the charge for non-members is £299 inc. vat). The cost includes all course materials, copy of the training presentation, and refreshments.
For further details and to book your place visit https://bit.ly/2IlmTub.
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory e-Directory July 2019: iPMI - Assistance - Air Ambulance - Funeral Directors - Cost Containment - Claims Management + MORE
- Association Of Medical Insurers And Intermediaries Welcomes 'More' New Members
- Sedgwick Appoints Wayne Cheng Chief Operations Officer For Asia
- 3 Exclusive Summer Offers From iPMI Magazine
- Download iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory e-Directory June 2019: iPMI - Assistance - Air Ambulance - Funeral Directors - Cost Containment - Claims Management + MORE
- CEGA Expands Medical Team
- AIA Agrees Exclusive Asia-Pacific Regional Partnership With Medix
- Broadstone Group Enters IPMI Market With Acquisition Of Specialist IPMI and Employee Benefits Firm
- Association of Medical Insurers And Intermediaries (AMII) To Host Insurance Distribution Directive (IDD) Workshop
- AMII Summit Addresses 'Prominent Issues' Of AI And Mental Health
- UK Niche Insurance
- Healthcare Insurance & Group Risk Protection 5th June 2013 The Charing Cross Hotel, London, UK
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Steve English Joins Trustmark Board Of Directors
- The Rugby World Cup 2019 – A Corporate Travel Conundrum
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Sigal Atzmon, CEO, Medix Group
- AIG Names Karen Ling Executive Vice President, Chief Human Resources Officer
- MetLife Gulf Partners With Special Olympics In The UAE To Give Back To The Community