Reports of an explosion at Sabiha Gokcen airport in Istanbul at around 2am on 23 December 2015; the circumstances of the incident are currently under investigation; the airport remains open.
Over 2,500,000 British nationals visit Turkey every year.
British nationals need a visa to travel to Turkey, except for cruise ship passengers with ‘British Citizen’ passports who arrive at sea ports for tourist visits to the port city or nearby cities, provided that the visit doesn’t exceed 72 hours.
If you’re visiting Turkey as a tourist or on business, get an e-Visa online before you travel. Only use the official Republic of Turkey e-Visa website. Avoid unauthorised websites as they may charge an additional fee. Some unauthorised websites have issued fake e-Visas.
If you don’t have an e-Visa you can still get a visa on arrival for £20 in cash, although the visa on arrival service is due to be phased out. Getting an e-Visa from the official website before you travel will avoid possible problems or delays at the Turkish border, or when boarding your flight in the UK.
Take out comprehensive international private medical insurance before you travel to Turkey, to cover the cost of any medical treatment abroad or emergency repatriation and evacuation. Be sure to read the small print of all iPMI policies before you purchase.
- SGI Launches European Health Cash Plan
- HR Directors Report Rising Demand From Overseas Employees For iPMI Cover Over Past 5 Years
- ALC Health Appoints Colin Kirkpatrick as Managing Director Designate
- International Medical Group Demonstrates Commitment To UAE By Obtaining Consultancy License, Opening Office In Dubai
- MedAire And Aerosafety In-Flight Medical Kit Receive Both ANVISA And ANAC Certification
- Burns & Wilcox Adds Top Executive to High-Net-Worth Practice
- Vista Launches VTO, Providing High-end Health Care Services To High Net-worth Individuals In China
- High-Net-Worth Individuals Worry About Underinsurance And Look For Service Excellence
- Providing iPMI To High Net Worth Individuals
- Video: Tom Wilkinson CEO of AXA’s Global Healthcare Business Talks About Developing Global Talent
- AOC Insurance Broker Launch Revolutionary App Featuring International Health Insurance Comparative Search Engine With E-Health Services
- International Private Medical Insurance Claims For Depression Rise
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Tom Wilkinson, CEO of AXA’s Global Healthcare Business
- Global Benefits Group And AXA Announce Global Strategic Partnership To Foster GBG’s Growth On The IPMI Market
- What Are The Benefits For Global Brokers, Agents And Intermediaries If They Add International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) To Their Insurance Product Portfolio?
- From A Brokers Perspective The International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Market Is An Opportunity Ready To Be Taken
- The Benefits Of Providing IPMI To Global Brokers & Agents
- FREE PDF DOWNLOAD: Reworking Duty of Care with Chubb
- The Increasing Importance Of International Private Medical Insurance For Students In The UK
- Expacare Appoints Geoff Maggs
Latest from International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Magazine
- Allianz Suisse To Acquire DAS Switzerland
- Allianz Invests $59 Million In Strategic Partnership With American Well® To Address Global Health Challenges
- Aetna International Enters Agreement With Aviva UK For International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI)
- Aviva Withdraws From IPMI Market
- AXIS Insurance Promotes Nicole Lim To Deputy Chief Underwriting Officer, Singapore
- New Pacific Prime Report Provides Snapshot Into The Global State Of Health Insurance
- Tenet Issues Information On Financial Implications Of Changes To USA Federal Tax Law
- A.M. Best Affirms Credit Ratings Of Prudential Financial, Inc. And Its Subsidiaries
- Omani Expatriates Run For Coverage
- Qatar Re Acquires Markerstudy Group Insurance Companies
- The World’s Largest Insurers
- 2017: A Year Of High Insured Losses
- SCOR Completes Acquisition Of MutRé
- Global Medical Costs Expected To Increase In 2018 As Local Rates Of Inflation Rise
- U.S. Employers Say Recent Acquisition Announcements Likely to Impact Future Health Care Strategies
- Growing Stability Prompts Revision Of U.S. Health Insurance Industry Outlook To Stable
- A.M. Best Affirms A Rating Of Qatar Insurance Company And Its Main Subsidiaries
- The Bank Of England’s Approach To The Authorisation And Supervision Of International Banks, Insurers And Central Counterparties
- Lloyd's Welcomes Bank Of England Approach To The Supervision Of International Insurers
- iPMI Magazine 2017 Industry Insights: December 2017
- Allianz And LV= Complete Joint Venture And Strategic Partnership
- Risk Trends 2018
- QBE Agrees Class Action Settlement
- AXA To Sell Its Swiss Privilege Franchise In Hong Kong (AXA Wealth Management (HK) Ltd)
- Bupa Calls For Health Insurance Comparator Site Transparency
- Global Reinsurance Market Weathers One Of The Worst Loss Years On Record
- Hiscox Appoints Director Of Underwriting For Its London Reinsurance Business
- Milestone In Cancer Health Insurance Cover Dubai
- Dubai Health Authority Calls On Individual Sponsors And Company Owners To Renew Employees’ Health Insurance To Avoid Fines
- Starr Companies Announces Cooperation With PICC Health To Provide Insurance To Chinese Company Employees Working In The Belt & Road Initiative Countries