Reports of an explosion at Sabiha Gokcen airport in Istanbul at around 2am on 23 December 2015; the circumstances of the incident are currently under investigation; the airport remains open.
Over 2,500,000 British nationals visit Turkey every year.
British nationals need a visa to travel to Turkey, except for cruise ship passengers with ‘British Citizen’ passports who arrive at sea ports for tourist visits to the port city or nearby cities, provided that the visit doesn’t exceed 72 hours.
If you’re visiting Turkey as a tourist or on business, get an e-Visa online before you travel. Only use the official Republic of Turkey e-Visa website. Avoid unauthorised websites as they may charge an additional fee. Some unauthorised websites have issued fake e-Visas.
If you don’t have an e-Visa you can still get a visa on arrival for £20 in cash, although the visa on arrival service is due to be phased out. Getting an e-Visa from the official website before you travel will avoid possible problems or delays at the Turkish border, or when boarding your flight in the UK.
Take out comprehensive international private medical insurance before you travel to Turkey, to cover the cost of any medical treatment abroad or emergency repatriation and evacuation. Be sure to read the small print of all iPMI policies before you purchase.
- iPMI Upgrade For SMEs
- SGI Launches European Health Cash Plan
- HR Directors Report Rising Demand From Overseas Employees For iPMI Cover Over Past 5 Years
- ALC Health Appoints Colin Kirkpatrick as Managing Director Designate
- International Medical Group Demonstrates Commitment To UAE By Obtaining Consultancy License, Opening Office In Dubai
- MedAire And Aerosafety In-Flight Medical Kit Receive Both ANVISA And ANAC Certification
- Burns & Wilcox Adds Top Executive to High-Net-Worth Practice
- Vista Launches VTO, Providing High-end Health Care Services To High Net-worth Individuals In China
- High-Net-Worth Individuals Worry About Underinsurance And Look For Service Excellence
- Providing iPMI To High Net Worth Individuals
- Video: Tom Wilkinson CEO of AXA’s Global Healthcare Business Talks About Developing Global Talent
- AOC Insurance Broker Launch Revolutionary App Featuring International Health Insurance Comparative Search Engine With E-Health Services
- International Private Medical Insurance Claims For Depression Rise
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Tom Wilkinson, CEO of AXA’s Global Healthcare Business
- Global Benefits Group And AXA Announce Global Strategic Partnership To Foster GBG’s Growth On The IPMI Market
- What Are The Benefits For Global Brokers, Agents And Intermediaries If They Add International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) To Their Insurance Product Portfolio?
- From A Brokers Perspective The International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Market Is An Opportunity Ready To Be Taken
- The Benefits Of Providing IPMI To Global Brokers & Agents
- FREE PDF DOWNLOAD: Reworking Duty of Care with Chubb
- The Increasing Importance Of International Private Medical Insurance For Students In The UK
Latest from International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Magazine
- iPMI Upgrade For SMEs
- Aetna International Opens Its First Health Clinic In Thailand
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Reg Allatt, CEO, Global Excel Management Inc.
- Aetna International Signs Strategic Partnership Deal With Humanis
- Cigna Launches Unlimited Preventative Dental Care – Offering A Solution To The £105m Annual Cost Of Oral Health Problems In The UK
- Cooley Expands Transatlantic Insurance Group
- Pacific Prime Receives Bupa Global's Best Performance - Intermediary Award
- Air Freight Up 6.8% In February But Protectionist Risks Remain
- Strong Passenger Demand Resumes; Record Load Factor in February
- Report Backs Calls For Cost Transparency
- UIB Launches Colombian Retail Broker Operation
- Valencia Club de Fútbol Signs Healix To Provide Travel Security Services
- Bupa Global Partners With HERO To Offer Employers Online Workplace Health Measurement Tool
- Ian Talbot Appointed Commercial Director At Healix Health Services
- Global Employee Engagement Levels Bounce Back To All Time Highs in 2017
- Patients Must Know Fees In Advance
- Rated MENA Insurers Explore New Sectors
- Dubai Health Authority Issued 261 Medical Fines & Received 357 Medical Complaints Against Private Health Facilities In 2017
- January Passenger Demand Growth Slows On Temporary Factors
- Tyrol Air Ambulance And Pediatric Air Ambulance Announce Cooperation To Provide Children’s Intensive Care Transports
- Keeping Employers and Clients Informed: The US Tax Reform
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With David Healy, CEO EMEA, Aetna International
- Willis Towers Watson Appoints Simon Weaver to Lead Corporate Risk & Broking in Asia Pacific
- Moneyfacts Gives inSpire And Regional Plus 4 And 5 Star Ratings
- The Economy of Exclusivity Within the Pharmaceuticals Industry
- CEGA Optimises Repatriation Safety With New Training Initiative
- Healix To Provide Medical Advice And Assistance For BBC Staff Travelling Overseas
- Cigna Eyes Rapid Expansion In The Middle East
- Aetna International Continues To Expand Asian Footprint With Hong Kong License
- International Assistance Group Strengthens Medical Assistance Capabilities In Malta And Conflict Areas