14 January 2015 and there were explosions and gunfire reported in the vicinity of the Sari Pan Pacific Hotel and Sarinah Plaza on Jalan Sudirman Thamrin, Jakarta in central Jakarta, Indonesia. You should avoid the affected area, limit your movements and follow the advice of local authorities.
You should exercise caution when travelling to Aceh, Central Sulawesi Province (especially Palu, Poso and Tentena), Maluku Province (especially Ambon), Papua and West Papua Province due to potential for violence or violent conflict.
Clashes July 2014, resulted in the death of security service personnel and civilians in the Lanny Jaya regency of Papua province. If you’re travelling in the region you should exercise extreme caution.
Following the abduction of a British national in the Aceh region of Northern Sumatra in June 2013, you should exercise caution in the area. While the risk of abduction is not high, you should be aware that 1 French national and 5 Chinese nationals were abducted in separate incidents in 2008.
Around 220,000 British nationals visit Indonesia every year. Take out comprehensive international private medical and travel insurance before you travel to Indonesia.
- September Passenger Demand Shows Hurricane Hit
- Some 46 Million More Tourists Travelled Internationally in 2016 Compared To 2015
- Global Passenger Traffic Results Show Demand Grew 7% Compared To Same Month In 2015
- VIDEO: Passenger Demand To Double Over 20 Years
- Real-Time Tracking of Bags to Save Air Transport Industry $3 Billion
- Nearly A Third Of Millennials Travelled Uninsured Last Year
- How To Communicate In A Medical Emergency In Indonesia
- Kenya Travel Advice: Heightened Personal Security During The Christmas Holiday Season
- American Express Global Business Travel Partners With iJET International To Deliver End-to-End Travel Risk Management
- VIDEO: Airlines Continue to Improve Profitability 5.1% Net Profit Margin for 2016
- Total Passengers Set To Double To 7 Billion By 2034
- Global Passenger Traffic Results For September Showing Solid Demand Growth
- Lebanon Travel Security Warning: Explosions In Southern Suburb Area Beirut
- Traveling Abroad with Confidence: ACE Provides Essential Tips for Overseas Business Travel
- Healthy Passenger Demand in November
- International Tourist Arrivals Worldwide Grow 5% 1st 8 Months Of 2014
- Mexico Travel Warning: Hurricane Odile - British Nationals Advised To Leave Via Aeropuerto Internacional De Los Cabos International Airport (SJD)
- Marsh Canada Acquires Kocisko Insurance Brokers Inc.
- Philippines Travel Advice: Take Out Comprehensive Travel And Medical Insurance Before You Travel
- Aviva And Astra International Sign Joint Venture In Indonesia
Latest from International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Magazine
- iPMI Upgrade For SMEs
- Aetna International Opens Its First Health Clinic In Thailand
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Reg Allatt, CEO, Global Excel Management Inc.
- Aetna International Signs Strategic Partnership Deal With Humanis
- Cigna Launches Unlimited Preventative Dental Care – Offering A Solution To The £105m Annual Cost Of Oral Health Problems In The UK
- Cooley Expands Transatlantic Insurance Group
- Pacific Prime Receives Bupa Global's Best Performance - Intermediary Award
- Air Freight Up 6.8% In February But Protectionist Risks Remain
- Strong Passenger Demand Resumes; Record Load Factor in February
- Report Backs Calls For Cost Transparency
- UIB Launches Colombian Retail Broker Operation
- Valencia Club de Fútbol Signs Healix To Provide Travel Security Services
- Bupa Global Partners With HERO To Offer Employers Online Workplace Health Measurement Tool
- Ian Talbot Appointed Commercial Director At Healix Health Services
- Global Employee Engagement Levels Bounce Back To All Time Highs in 2017
- Patients Must Know Fees In Advance
- Rated MENA Insurers Explore New Sectors
- Dubai Health Authority Issued 261 Medical Fines & Received 357 Medical Complaints Against Private Health Facilities In 2017
- January Passenger Demand Growth Slows On Temporary Factors
- Tyrol Air Ambulance And Pediatric Air Ambulance Announce Cooperation To Provide Children’s Intensive Care Transports
- Keeping Employers and Clients Informed: The US Tax Reform
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With David Healy, CEO EMEA, Aetna International
- Willis Towers Watson Appoints Simon Weaver to Lead Corporate Risk & Broking in Asia Pacific
- Moneyfacts Gives inSpire And Regional Plus 4 And 5 Star Ratings
- The Economy of Exclusivity Within the Pharmaceuticals Industry
- CEGA Optimises Repatriation Safety With New Training Initiative
- Healix To Provide Medical Advice And Assistance For BBC Staff Travelling Overseas
- Cigna Eyes Rapid Expansion In The Middle East
- Aetna International Continues To Expand Asian Footprint With Hong Kong License
- International Assistance Group Strengthens Medical Assistance Capabilities In Malta And Conflict Areas