14 January 2015 and there were explosions and gunfire reported in the vicinity of the Sari Pan Pacific Hotel and Sarinah Plaza on Jalan Sudirman Thamrin, Jakarta in central Jakarta, Indonesia. You should avoid the affected area, limit your movements and follow the advice of local authorities.
You should exercise caution when travelling to Aceh, Central Sulawesi Province (especially Palu, Poso and Tentena), Maluku Province (especially Ambon), Papua and West Papua Province due to potential for violence or violent conflict.
Clashes July 2014, resulted in the death of security service personnel and civilians in the Lanny Jaya regency of Papua province. If you’re travelling in the region you should exercise extreme caution.
Following the abduction of a British national in the Aceh region of Northern Sumatra in June 2013, you should exercise caution in the area. While the risk of abduction is not high, you should be aware that 1 French national and 5 Chinese nationals were abducted in separate incidents in 2008.
Around 220,000 British nationals visit Indonesia every year. Take out comprehensive international private medical and travel insurance before you travel to Indonesia.
- September Passenger Demand Shows Hurricane Hit
- Some 46 Million More Tourists Travelled Internationally in 2016 Compared To 2015
- Global Passenger Traffic Results Show Demand Grew 7% Compared To Same Month In 2015
- VIDEO: Passenger Demand To Double Over 20 Years
- Real-Time Tracking of Bags to Save Air Transport Industry $3 Billion
- Nearly A Third Of Millennials Travelled Uninsured Last Year
- How To Communicate In A Medical Emergency In Indonesia
- Kenya Travel Advice: Heightened Personal Security During The Christmas Holiday Season
- American Express Global Business Travel Partners With iJET International To Deliver End-to-End Travel Risk Management
- VIDEO: Airlines Continue to Improve Profitability 5.1% Net Profit Margin for 2016
- Total Passengers Set To Double To 7 Billion By 2034
- Global Passenger Traffic Results For September Showing Solid Demand Growth
- Lebanon Travel Security Warning: Explosions In Southern Suburb Area Beirut
- Traveling Abroad with Confidence: ACE Provides Essential Tips for Overseas Business Travel
- Healthy Passenger Demand in November
- International Tourist Arrivals Worldwide Grow 5% 1st 8 Months Of 2014
- Mexico Travel Warning: Hurricane Odile - British Nationals Advised To Leave Via Aeropuerto Internacional De Los Cabos International Airport (SJD)
- Marsh Canada Acquires Kocisko Insurance Brokers Inc.
- Philippines Travel Advice: Take Out Comprehensive Travel And Medical Insurance Before You Travel
- Aviva And Astra International Sign Joint Venture In Indonesia
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- A.M. Best Upgrades Credit Ratings Of General De Salud Compañía De Seguros S.A.
- Hurricane Michael Likely Will Take Bigger Toll On Reinsurers
- AXIS Re Welcomes Ann Haugh As President Of Global Markets
- UnitedHealth Group Reports Third Quarter Results
- Medix Survey Uncovers Hong Kong’s Fear And Confusion Around Cancer
- Save 25% When You Join iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory*
- CEGA Deters Travel Insurance Fraudsters On BBC TV
- The APRIL Group Celebrates 30 Years With Industry Award Nomination And Commitment To IPMI
- Skyservice Air Ambulance International Announces The Opening Of Its New Vancouver Base Of Operations To Enhance Its Service Portfolio
- CEGA And Solace Appointed By Lush For Travel Risk
- Collinson Partners With Hiscox To Soothe Frustrated Travellers With SmartDelay
- Integra Global Launches New Worldwide Member Claims Portal
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory October 2018
- Medix Medical Monitor Survey Uncovers Singapore's Health Concerns and Perceptions
- Bupa Fined £175,000 For Systemic Data Protection Failures
- Aetna International Cements Humanis Partnership With Broker Launch Event
- The Future’s Healthy For French Expatriates
- Nearly Half Of People With Pre-Existing Medical Conditions Travel Without Adequate Insurance
- Brexit Looms, But British Holidaymakers Are Still In The Dark
- Global Excel Management Inc. Announces Corporate Rebranding
- Sedgwick Strengthens Its Marine Claims Services
- Now Health International Launches New Digital IPMI Product To Cater For The Next Generation Of Expatriate
- Bupa Global Offers Maternity App To Business Customers
- UnitedHealthcare Global Launch New International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Product
- The Carlyle Group To Become Majority Investor In Sedgwick In $6.7 Billion Transaction
- Cigna Opens New Global Sales Centre For Global Individual Private Medical Insurance Business At Dubai International Financial Centre
- Aetna International's Virtual Health Solution Recognised At WSB Awards
- Cigna Commits To Global Mobile Employee Health With Launch Of Integrated Wellbeing App
- Generali Global Assistance Appoints Philippe Gervais President Of Travel Insurance
- Over Half Of Expats View Healthcare As Most Important Consideration When Relocating