12 January 2016 and there has been an explosion in the Sultanahmet district of Istanbul.
If you’re in the affected area you should follow the instructions of the local security authorities.
On 30 December 2015, 2 men were detained in Ankara on suspicion of planning terrorist attacks.
The terrorist group Teyre Azadiye Kurdistan has claimed responsibility for a mortar attack on Sabiha Gokcen airport in Istanbul while the airport was closed for the night on 23 December. The Turkish authorities have increased security measures at airports in Istanbul in response.
There were 2 explosions near the main Ankara train station in the Ulus area on 10 October. At least 100 people were killed and more than 180 injured.
On 19 August 2015 there was an incident involving gunfire and a sound grenade in an attack on Turkish national police guards stationed outside Dolmabahçe Palace in Istanbul. On 10 August, 2 people opened fire outside the US Consulate-General in Istanbul. On 27 July there were reports of possible threats to public transport in Istanbul, in particular the metro stations at Yenikapi, Taksim, Osmanbey and Haciosman and stops on the Metrobus line.
Be vigilant, monitor media reports and keep up to date with this travel advice.
The terrorist group DHKP-C (Revolutionary People’s Liberation Party Front) has launched a series of attacks in Istanbul in 2015 targeting the Turkish police and judiciary. On 5 June, two people were killed and many injured by an explosion at an HDP rally in Diyarbakir. On 9 June, 4 people were killed in an attack in Diyarbakir. You should exercise caution.
Border crossings into Syria and nearby locations have also been targeted. On 20 July, a suicide bomber killed 33 people and injured over 100 others in Suruc, Sanlurfa.
- iPMI Magazine International Private Medical Insurance Provider Network Directory April 2018
- HR Directors Report Rising Demand From Overseas Employees For iPMI Cover Over Past 5 Years
- International Medical Group Demonstrates Commitment To UAE By Obtaining Consultancy License, Opening Office In Dubai
- Burns & Wilcox Adds Top Executive to High-Net-Worth Practice
- Vista Launches VTO, Providing High-end Health Care Services To High Net-worth Individuals In China
- High-Net-Worth Individuals Worry About Underinsurance And Look For Service Excellence
- Providing iPMI To High Net Worth Individuals
- Cigna Acquires Zurich Insurance Middle East
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Tom Wilkinson, CEO of AXA’s Global Healthcare Business
- Protecting Your Staff Who Work Or Live Abroad With Nugent Santé
- What Are The Benefits For Global Brokers, Agents And Intermediaries If They Add International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) To Their Insurance Product Portfolio?
- From A Brokers Perspective The International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Market Is An Opportunity Ready To Be Taken
- The Benefits Of Providing IPMI To Global Brokers & Agents
- iPOLICY Magazine Speaks With Richard di Benedetto President Aetna International
- iPOLICY Magazine Speaks With Mr John Casey CEO Pacific Cross International
- Out Now: iPOLICY Magazine Issue 6
- Save £200 When You Purchase New International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Report*
- Moving Abroad Boosts Expatriates' Health
- WellAway Limited Opens New Scandinavian Office
- ACA-Compliant Health Insurance Plans
Latest from International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Magazine
- AIG To Acquire UK Group Life Specialist Ellipse From Munich Re
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans See Positive Impact From Tax Reform
- Video: Bupa CEO On Minimum Benefits Changes & Choice For Customers
- Bupa Rejoins The ABI
- Man-Made Risks Forecast To Cost World’s Cities $320bn Each Year On Average
- Lloyd’s Predicts France Will Win The 2018 FIFA World Cup Based On Insurable Value
- High Rates Of Follow Up Surgeries Found In Breast Cancer Patients
- Bupa Arabia Achieves Over 70% Saudization Rate Of Its Workforce
- Integra Global Announces New Partnerships For Worldwide Health Plans
- Collinson Named In The Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200
- Tower Insurance Appoints New Managing Director
- RSA Luxembourg Receives Regulatory Approval
- Skyservice Air Ambulance International Announces Acquisition Of Parkview Airmedical To Enhance Service Portfolio
- iPMI Magazine International Medical Cost Containment Provider Network Directory
- International Medical Cost Containment Strategies 2018
- Tunisia’s Tourism Sees Growth: International Assistance Group Appoints Help Group As Core Partner
- Generali And Unicredit: Strategic Bancassurance Partnership In CEE
- New CEO At AXA Partners
- Airlines Urge Caution on Airport Privatization
- Passenger Demand Growth Slows In April
- Bupa Announces Roger Davis To Become Chairman
- Moody's Upgrades Bupa Finance Plc Debt Ratings
- Moody's Upgrades The Holding Company Debt Ratings Of Eight European Insurance Groups Following A Change In Methodology
- ANZ New Zealand Announces Sale Of OnePath Life NZ Ltd To Cigna Corporation
- Combatting Fraud, Waste And Abuse In IPMI
- William Russell Ltd Appoints Over Twenty Years’ Of IPMI Experience
- Allianz Partners Creates Two New Senior Roles For International Health
- Actisure Triumphs In Celent Awards
- 70% Of Companies Believe Offering Expat Assignments Increases Staff Loyalty
- New Range Of iPMI Plans Launched For The Russian Market