12 January 2016 and there has been an explosion in the Sultanahmet district of Istanbul.
If you’re in the affected area you should follow the instructions of the local security authorities.
On 30 December 2015, 2 men were detained in Ankara on suspicion of planning terrorist attacks.
The terrorist group Teyre Azadiye Kurdistan has claimed responsibility for a mortar attack on Sabiha Gokcen airport in Istanbul while the airport was closed for the night on 23 December. The Turkish authorities have increased security measures at airports in Istanbul in response.
There were 2 explosions near the main Ankara train station in the Ulus area on 10 October. At least 100 people were killed and more than 180 injured.
On 19 August 2015 there was an incident involving gunfire and a sound grenade in an attack on Turkish national police guards stationed outside Dolmabahçe Palace in Istanbul. On 10 August, 2 people opened fire outside the US Consulate-General in Istanbul. On 27 July there were reports of possible threats to public transport in Istanbul, in particular the metro stations at Yenikapi, Taksim, Osmanbey and Haciosman and stops on the Metrobus line.
Be vigilant, monitor media reports and keep up to date with this travel advice.
The terrorist group DHKP-C (Revolutionary People’s Liberation Party Front) has launched a series of attacks in Istanbul in 2015 targeting the Turkish police and judiciary. On 5 June, two people were killed and many injured by an explosion at an HDP rally in Diyarbakir. On 9 June, 4 people were killed in an attack in Diyarbakir. You should exercise caution.
Border crossings into Syria and nearby locations have also been targeted. On 20 July, a suicide bomber killed 33 people and injured over 100 others in Suruc, Sanlurfa.
- HR Directors Report Rising Demand From Overseas Employees For iPMI Cover Over Past 5 Years
- International Medical Group Demonstrates Commitment To UAE By Obtaining Consultancy License, Opening Office In Dubai
- Burns & Wilcox Adds Top Executive to High-Net-Worth Practice
- Vista Launches VTO, Providing High-end Health Care Services To High Net-worth Individuals In China
- High-Net-Worth Individuals Worry About Underinsurance And Look For Service Excellence
- Providing iPMI To High Net Worth Individuals
- Cigna Acquires Zurich Insurance Middle East
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Tom Wilkinson, CEO of AXA’s Global Healthcare Business
- Protecting Your Staff Who Work Or Live Abroad With Nugent Santé
- What Are The Benefits For Global Brokers, Agents And Intermediaries If They Add International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) To Their Insurance Product Portfolio?
- From A Brokers Perspective The International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Market Is An Opportunity Ready To Be Taken
- The Benefits Of Providing IPMI To Global Brokers & Agents
- iPOLICY Magazine Speaks With Richard di Benedetto President Aetna International
- iPOLICY Magazine Speaks With Mr John Casey CEO Pacific Cross International
- Out Now: iPOLICY Magazine Issue 6
- Save £200 When You Purchase New International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Report*
- Moving Abroad Boosts Expatriates' Health
- WellAway Limited Opens New Scandinavian Office
- ACA-Compliant Health Insurance Plans
- Bupa Global Expands International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Reach With New Office In Switzerland
Latest from International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Magazine
- Allianz Suisse To Acquire DAS Switzerland
- Allianz Invests $59 Million In Strategic Partnership With American Well® To Address Global Health Challenges
- Aetna International Enters Agreement With Aviva UK For International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI)
- Aviva Withdraws From IPMI Market
- AXIS Insurance Promotes Nicole Lim To Deputy Chief Underwriting Officer, Singapore
- New Pacific Prime Report Provides Snapshot Into The Global State Of Health Insurance
- Tenet Issues Information On Financial Implications Of Changes To USA Federal Tax Law
- A.M. Best Affirms Credit Ratings Of Prudential Financial, Inc. And Its Subsidiaries
- Omani Expatriates Run For Coverage
- Qatar Re Acquires Markerstudy Group Insurance Companies
- The World’s Largest Insurers
- 2017: A Year Of High Insured Losses
- SCOR Completes Acquisition Of MutRé
- Global Medical Costs Expected To Increase In 2018 As Local Rates Of Inflation Rise
- U.S. Employers Say Recent Acquisition Announcements Likely to Impact Future Health Care Strategies
- Growing Stability Prompts Revision Of U.S. Health Insurance Industry Outlook To Stable
- A.M. Best Affirms A Rating Of Qatar Insurance Company And Its Main Subsidiaries
- The Bank Of England’s Approach To The Authorisation And Supervision Of International Banks, Insurers And Central Counterparties
- Lloyd's Welcomes Bank Of England Approach To The Supervision Of International Insurers
- iPMI Magazine 2017 Industry Insights: December 2017
- Allianz And LV= Complete Joint Venture And Strategic Partnership
- Risk Trends 2018
- QBE Agrees Class Action Settlement
- AXA To Sell Its Swiss Privilege Franchise In Hong Kong (AXA Wealth Management (HK) Ltd)
- Bupa Calls For Health Insurance Comparator Site Transparency
- Global Reinsurance Market Weathers One Of The Worst Loss Years On Record
- Hiscox Appoints Director Of Underwriting For Its London Reinsurance Business
- Milestone In Cancer Health Insurance Cover Dubai
- Dubai Health Authority Calls On Individual Sponsors And Company Owners To Renew Employees’ Health Insurance To Avoid Fines
- Starr Companies Announces Cooperation With PICC Health To Provide Insurance To Chinese Company Employees Working In The Belt & Road Initiative Countries