12 January 2016 and there has been an explosion in the Sultanahmet district of Istanbul.
If you’re in the affected area you should follow the instructions of the local security authorities.
On 30 December 2015, 2 men were detained in Ankara on suspicion of planning terrorist attacks.
The terrorist group Teyre Azadiye Kurdistan has claimed responsibility for a mortar attack on Sabiha Gokcen airport in Istanbul while the airport was closed for the night on 23 December. The Turkish authorities have increased security measures at airports in Istanbul in response.
There were 2 explosions near the main Ankara train station in the Ulus area on 10 October. At least 100 people were killed and more than 180 injured.
On 19 August 2015 there was an incident involving gunfire and a sound grenade in an attack on Turkish national police guards stationed outside Dolmabahçe Palace in Istanbul. On 10 August, 2 people opened fire outside the US Consulate-General in Istanbul. On 27 July there were reports of possible threats to public transport in Istanbul, in particular the metro stations at Yenikapi, Taksim, Osmanbey and Haciosman and stops on the Metrobus line.
Be vigilant, monitor media reports and keep up to date with this travel advice.
The terrorist group DHKP-C (Revolutionary People’s Liberation Party Front) has launched a series of attacks in Istanbul in 2015 targeting the Turkish police and judiciary. On 5 June, two people were killed and many injured by an explosion at an HDP rally in Diyarbakir. On 9 June, 4 people were killed in an attack in Diyarbakir. You should exercise caution.
Border crossings into Syria and nearby locations have also been targeted. On 20 July, a suicide bomber killed 33 people and injured over 100 others in Suruc, Sanlurfa.
- HR Directors Report Rising Demand From Overseas Employees For iPMI Cover Over Past 5 Years
- International Medical Group Demonstrates Commitment To UAE By Obtaining Consultancy License, Opening Office In Dubai
- Burns & Wilcox Adds Top Executive to High-Net-Worth Practice
- Vista Launches VTO, Providing High-end Health Care Services To High Net-worth Individuals In China
- High-Net-Worth Individuals Worry About Underinsurance And Look For Service Excellence
- Providing iPMI To High Net Worth Individuals
- Cigna Acquires Zurich Insurance Middle East
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Tom Wilkinson, CEO of AXA’s Global Healthcare Business
- Protecting Your Staff Who Work Or Live Abroad With Nugent Santé
- What Are The Benefits For Global Brokers, Agents And Intermediaries If They Add International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) To Their Insurance Product Portfolio?
- From A Brokers Perspective The International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Market Is An Opportunity Ready To Be Taken
- The Benefits Of Providing IPMI To Global Brokers & Agents
- iPOLICY Magazine Speaks With Richard di Benedetto President Aetna International
- iPOLICY Magazine Speaks With Mr John Casey CEO Pacific Cross International
- Out Now: iPOLICY Magazine Issue 6
- Save £200 When You Purchase New International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Report*
- Moving Abroad Boosts Expatriates' Health
- WellAway Limited Opens New Scandinavian Office
- ACA-Compliant Health Insurance Plans
- Bupa Global Expands International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Reach With New Office In Switzerland
Latest from International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Magazine
- iPMI Upgrade For SMEs
- Aetna International Opens Its First Health Clinic In Thailand
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Reg Allatt, CEO, Global Excel Management Inc.
- Aetna International Signs Strategic Partnership Deal With Humanis
- Cigna Launches Unlimited Preventative Dental Care – Offering A Solution To The £105m Annual Cost Of Oral Health Problems In The UK
- Cooley Expands Transatlantic Insurance Group
- Pacific Prime Receives Bupa Global's Best Performance - Intermediary Award
- Air Freight Up 6.8% In February But Protectionist Risks Remain
- Strong Passenger Demand Resumes; Record Load Factor in February
- Report Backs Calls For Cost Transparency
- UIB Launches Colombian Retail Broker Operation
- Valencia Club de Fútbol Signs Healix To Provide Travel Security Services
- Bupa Global Partners With HERO To Offer Employers Online Workplace Health Measurement Tool
- Ian Talbot Appointed Commercial Director At Healix Health Services
- Global Employee Engagement Levels Bounce Back To All Time Highs in 2017
- Patients Must Know Fees In Advance
- Rated MENA Insurers Explore New Sectors
- Dubai Health Authority Issued 261 Medical Fines & Received 357 Medical Complaints Against Private Health Facilities In 2017
- January Passenger Demand Growth Slows On Temporary Factors
- Tyrol Air Ambulance And Pediatric Air Ambulance Announce Cooperation To Provide Children’s Intensive Care Transports
- Keeping Employers and Clients Informed: The US Tax Reform
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With David Healy, CEO EMEA, Aetna International
- Willis Towers Watson Appoints Simon Weaver to Lead Corporate Risk & Broking in Asia Pacific
- Moneyfacts Gives inSpire And Regional Plus 4 And 5 Star Ratings
- The Economy of Exclusivity Within the Pharmaceuticals Industry
- CEGA Optimises Repatriation Safety With New Training Initiative
- Healix To Provide Medical Advice And Assistance For BBC Staff Travelling Overseas
- Cigna Eyes Rapid Expansion In The Middle East
- Aetna International Continues To Expand Asian Footprint With Hong Kong License
- International Assistance Group Strengthens Medical Assistance Capabilities In Malta And Conflict Areas