12 January 2016 and there has been an explosion in the Sultanahmet district of Istanbul.
If you’re in the affected area you should follow the instructions of the local security authorities.
On 30 December 2015, 2 men were detained in Ankara on suspicion of planning terrorist attacks.
The terrorist group Teyre Azadiye Kurdistan has claimed responsibility for a mortar attack on Sabiha Gokcen airport in Istanbul while the airport was closed for the night on 23 December. The Turkish authorities have increased security measures at airports in Istanbul in response.
There were 2 explosions near the main Ankara train station in the Ulus area on 10 October. At least 100 people were killed and more than 180 injured.
On 19 August 2015 there was an incident involving gunfire and a sound grenade in an attack on Turkish national police guards stationed outside Dolmabahçe Palace in Istanbul. On 10 August, 2 people opened fire outside the US Consulate-General in Istanbul. On 27 July there were reports of possible threats to public transport in Istanbul, in particular the metro stations at Yenikapi, Taksim, Osmanbey and Haciosman and stops on the Metrobus line.
Be vigilant, monitor media reports and keep up to date with this travel advice.
The terrorist group DHKP-C (Revolutionary People’s Liberation Party Front) has launched a series of attacks in Istanbul in 2015 targeting the Turkish police and judiciary. On 5 June, two people were killed and many injured by an explosion at an HDP rally in Diyarbakir. On 9 June, 4 people were killed in an attack in Diyarbakir. You should exercise caution.
Border crossings into Syria and nearby locations have also been targeted. On 20 July, a suicide bomber killed 33 people and injured over 100 others in Suruc, Sanlurfa.
- iPMI Magazine International Private Medical Insurance Provider Network Directory April 2018
- HR Directors Report Rising Demand From Overseas Employees For iPMI Cover Over Past 5 Years
- International Medical Group Demonstrates Commitment To UAE By Obtaining Consultancy License, Opening Office In Dubai
- Burns & Wilcox Adds Top Executive to High-Net-Worth Practice
- Vista Launches VTO, Providing High-end Health Care Services To High Net-worth Individuals In China
- High-Net-Worth Individuals Worry About Underinsurance And Look For Service Excellence
- Providing iPMI To High Net Worth Individuals
- Cigna Acquires Zurich Insurance Middle East
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Tom Wilkinson, CEO of AXA’s Global Healthcare Business
- Protecting Your Staff Who Work Or Live Abroad With Nugent Santé
- What Are The Benefits For Global Brokers, Agents And Intermediaries If They Add International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) To Their Insurance Product Portfolio?
- From A Brokers Perspective The International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Market Is An Opportunity Ready To Be Taken
- The Benefits Of Providing IPMI To Global Brokers & Agents
- iPOLICY Magazine Speaks With Richard di Benedetto President Aetna International
- iPOLICY Magazine Speaks With Mr John Casey CEO Pacific Cross International
- Out Now: iPOLICY Magazine Issue 6
- Save £200 When You Purchase New International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Report*
- Moving Abroad Boosts Expatriates' Health
- WellAway Limited Opens New Scandinavian Office
- ACA-Compliant Health Insurance Plans
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory August 2018
- Half Of Travellers Aged 18-24 Would Risk Travelling Without Insurance
- Senior Promotions As Now Health International Progresses Global Growth Strategy
- 17.6 Million Would Struggle To Recover From A Financial Shock Or Loss Of Income
- 3 Reasons Travel Insurance Isn't Just For International Trips
- AXA Insurance Secures Exclusive Worldwide Partnership with Scoot
- Expanding UK Based DoctorCall Becomes An International Assistance Group Accredited Service Provider
- APRIL UK Announces Private Medical Insurance Agreement With AXA PPP Healthcare
- More Americans Protecting Their Vacation Investments With Travel Insurance
- Medical Facilities In Japan Struggling To Deal With Foreigners Unable To Pay Medical Bills
- Aviva Canada Appoints New Leaders In Risk, Claims And Information Technology
- APRIL Enters Into Exclusive Negotiations To Acquire A 54% Equity Stake In La Centrale De Financement
- A.M. Best Affirms Credit Ratings of MAPFRE U.S.A. Corp.’s Main Insurance Subsidiaries
- HCA Reports Second Quarter 2018 Results
- Starr Insurance Companies Appoints Santiago Mora As Head Of International Accident & Health
- Reinsurance Group Of America Reports Second-Quarter Results
- IPMI, Assistance, Air Ambulance, Cost Containment And Claims Management, Funeral Directors, Ground Ambulance, Healthcare Insurance Management, Pharmacy Benefits Management
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory July 2018
- Road Travel Number One Threat To Business Travellers
- SAVE 33% When You Join iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory*
- Qatar Reinsurance Company Limited Cease Writing New And Renewal Business From Branch Office In Singapore
- Remote Medical International Announces Strategic Acquisition Of HSE Offshore
- The ‘Softer’ Side Of IPMI
- Collinson Bolsters Travel Risk Management With Global Security Director Appointment
- Now Health International Advances Digital Strategy With New Mobile Pass Launch
- A Third Travelling Without Insurance, And 10% Leaving Cover Until The Last Minute
- AMII Chair Responds To April UK PMI Withdrawal
- It’s In The Genes For International Medical Insurance Providers
- Bupa UK Appoints Sales Director For Health Clinics
- Allianz Care Announces New Partnership With ICE Insurance In Mozambique