Aviva has announced significant improvements to its International Solutions private medical insurance from 1st February 2014. The improvements will provide new and existing customers with enhanced standard benefits and wider geographic cover, greater flexibility, and a new tailored Gulf Solutions policy for customers based in the Gulf region.
The enhancements follow a detailed clinical review of the insurer’s international medical cover to ensure customers living or working abroad receive high quality healthcare that reflects advances in medicine and medical practice.
Simplified global regions
International Solutions has now been divided into two areas rather than six, to make mobility between countries easier for customers and provide them with wider cover around the world. Policies are now available as Worldwide, or Worldwide (excluding USA and Caribbean) cover, with pricing based on comparative risk and medical costs, rather than geographical location. For all customers, irrespective of where they are based, emergencies are covered for up to 60 days in any country in the world.
A new Gulf Solutions policy
Aviva has also expanded its provision in the Gulf, creating a new tailored Gulf Solutions policy for group customers, to provide cover for their employees based in Kuwait, Oman or Qatar, as well as to those based in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Individual customers can also benefit from the new Gulf Solutions policy, if they are living or working in Oman or the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
The new Gulf cover marks the second phase of Aviva’s product development for the region, building on the success of the award-winning Emirates International Solutions and the health insurer’s expertise in managing healthcare within the region’s complex legislative framework. A partnership with NAS Administration Services provides Gulf customers with a market-leading regional claims service with direct settlement capabilities.
Extensive standard benefits and Aviva’s International Cancer Pledge
For all customers, standard core benefits have been increased to make International Solutions one of the most comprehensive international policies available in the market, with an annual benefit level of £5m. Customers have the peace of mind that wherever they are, they will receive high quality treatment if they are ill or injured, as well as 24-hour medical emergency assistance and evacuation to an appropriate facility if treatment isn’t available locally.
- Policies now carry an International Cancer Pledge to cover treatment and palliative care as recommended by specialists. In addition, cover is provided for aftercare, including money towards prostheses and wigs.
- In and Day-patient Care is enhanced and now includes cover towards the costs of organ transplants and harvesting, and an increase in rehabilitation cover from 14 days to 25 days.
- Out-patient Care also now includes cover for up to ten speech therapy sessions, following a referral by a specialist after a hospital admission.
- Additional Benefits includes cover for complications of pregnancy as standard, with Maternity and Maternity Plus policy upgrades available to provide customers with cover for the more routine costs of pregnancy and childbirth, including pre and post-natal care. Home nursing benefits have also been increased as standard from 28 days to 60 days.
- Customers will also have greater coverage on a range of Everyday Healthcare benefits that they would usually expect from their GP at home. These include up to 20 consultations with a doctor per year and higher limits for prescription medicine and vaccinations. Everyday Healthcare now includes cover towards Hormone Replacement Therapy.
- Condition Management for acute phases of congenital conditions is also now covered as standard, alongside increased cover for the management of HIV and AIDS.
- If treatment for any illness or accident covered is not available locally, the policy’s Evacuation & Emergency Assistance cover will arrange evacuation to the nearest facility, even if that is in another country.
Peace of mind and 24-hour assistance across the globe
All International Solutions customers get round-the-clock overseas support, 365 days a year. This includes a 24 hour medical emergency assistance helpline; a 24 hour medical advice helpline from a network of medical providers in 86 countries; and 24 hour secure online access to medical records through My Health Passport.
Full flexibility to suit individual healthcare needs and budgets
Customers can also upgrade their core cover to provide even further peace of mind with the following options:
- Maternity or Maternity Plus cover, which includes investigations into fertility.
- Dental or Dental Plus cover, which provides 100% reimbursement up to specified limits and a range of benefits including orthodontic treatment for children.
- Wellbeing, to help keep customers fit and healthy with cover for routine examinations, screening, hearing and dietician tests. Co-payment has been removed so customers no longer have to pay the first 20%.
Additional Out-patient & Alternative Therapies cover
- Repatriation & Compassionate Travel cover to help with travel and accommodation costs in the event of a family emergency.
- Value options are also available for complete flexibility to help reduce premiums, including options for different excess levels, reducing out-patient cover or removing some core benefits like Everyday Healthcare.
The enhancements to International Solutions and the new Gulf Solutions policy come into effect on 1 February 2014 for both new and renewing customers. The policies have clearer benefit terms to give individual customers, employers and their employees complete peace of mind about the cover they choose, as well as a clear and easy claims process with no mandatory excess levels in place. Intermediary commission for new and renewal group business has also been flattened to 15%.
You may be a frequent flyer business traveler, student, leisure or medical health tourist. Perhaps you are an already established Expatriate living away from home on foreign shores. Where ever you are now, understanding International Health Insurance requirements is vital to safe, risk free Global travel. Accidents do happen and when you least expect it. Insuring you have the right type of International Health Insurance will mean, should anything untoward happen, you will not be faced with a large medical bill, or even worth, insufficient medical care. Since 2009 International Private Medical Insurance Magazine has been providing mission critical information about International Health Insurance to expatriates, individuals, groups, corporate clients, brokers and intermediaries. Select the right and most appropriate International Health Insurance plan for leisure, business, educational or health travel purposes, with the help and assistance of International Private Medical Insurance Magazines Online International Health Insurance Company and Plan Guide and Directory.
You may be a business traveler, student studying abroad, an expatriate, leisure or medical health tourist searching to source, compare and select the best International Medical Insurance. Since 2009 International Private Medical Insurance Magazine has been providing mission critical information about International Medical Insurance to individuals, groups, corporate clients, brokers and intermediaries. It is important to fully understand International Medical Insurance requirements before you travel and insure you select the right and most appropriate health and medical insurance plan for leisure, business, educational or health travel purposes.
You may be a frequent flyer business traveler, student, leisure or medical health tourist considering the Expatriate Life. Perhaps you are already established as a Expatriate living far from home on distant shores. Where ever you are now, understanding Expatriate Health Insurance requirements is vital to safe, risk free Global travel. Accidents do happen and when you least expect it. Insuring you have the right type of
Expatriate Health Insurance will mean, should anything untoward happen, you will not be faced with a large medical bill, or even worth, insufficient medical care. Expatriates searching the internet to source, compare and select the best Expatriate Health Insurance are now covered by International Private Medical Insurance Magazines Online Expatriate Health Insurance company guide.
Get the lowdown on who's who and which Expatriate Health Insurance companies you should trust with your life. Since 2009 International Private Medical Insurance Magazine has been providing mission critical news and information about Expatriate Health Insurance to individual expatriates, expat groups, expatriate employers and Expatriate Health Insurance brokers and intermediaries.
It is important to fully understand Expatriate Health Insurance requirements before you travel and insure you select the right and most appropriate Expatriate Health Insurance plan and cover for leisure, business, educational or health travel purposes. Expatriate Health Insurance comes in all shapes and sizes so be sure to do a complete comparison of the Expatriate Health Insurance plan, costs and fine print. Make your Expatriate Health Insurance plan covers you for costs relating to repatriation, emergency evacuation, medical and non medical transport services by ground ambulance or air ambulance.
- ROCK Insurance Group Updates Its COVID-19 Insurance Policies To Include Cover For Travel Against FCO Advice
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory September 2020
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Mary-Jo McDonald, Managing Director, Europe, Global Excel Management
- Proposed Transfer Of CS Healthcare’s Private Medical Insurance Members And Business To Bupa
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory August 2020
- APRIL International Care Announces Raft Of Enhancements To International Health Insurance Range MyHEALTH Singapore
- Traveler Survey Reveals COVID-19 Concerns
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Dr. Ian Russinoff, Medical Director, Generali Global Assistance Travel Assistance & GMMI, Inc.
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory July 2020
- Bupa To Increase Stake In Bupa Arabia To 43.25%
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- iPMIM Advertisers Save Over 55% On New iPMI Report - Subscribers Save Over 45%
- ABTA Estimates Over 90,000 Jobs* Already Affected In UK Travel And Wider Industry
- 90% Of Countries Report Disruptions To Essential Health Services Since Covid-19 Pandemic
- Sluggish Improvement In Passenger Demand Continues
- Healix International Announces SAP Concur Partnership To Help Employers Locate And Communicate With Employees During Critical Incidents