GeoBlue today announced the introduction of a new health insurance plan for individual expatriates and long-term international leisure and business travelers. GeoBlue Xplorer Select allows world travelers who are in the U.S. more than 35 days a year to meet the requirements of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) while enjoying robust coverage outside the U.S. With GeoBlue Xplorer Select, travelers retain their domestic coverage, but also have international benefits to help them access care from quality providers outside the U.S. This combined approach is often equivalent in cost to a high cover, no deductible expat plan.
Becoming a GeoBlue Xplorer Select member is simple and affordable: Applicants may qualify for shortform underwriting and they will not need to provide any medical records or detailed health questionnaires. The underwriting process will be expedited, the assigned rates will not be based on the health history of the applicant, and maternity coverage will be available on the plan effective date.
GeoBlue individual health plans combine unsurpassed service and mobile technology to help expatriates and travelers access trusted doctors and hospitals in over 180 countries. GeoBlue health plans meet all the requirements of state regulators in the U.S., providing buyers with products that meet mandates for benefits and provide important consumer protections when it comes to policy language, claims payment and appeals.
These plans are very competitively priced with those being offered by top carriers internationally. Other key GeoBlue services include:
- Appointment scheduling with contracted international providers with no out-of-pocket-costs;
- Outpatient care coordination, especially for chronic conditions and special needs;
- Inpatient case management and emergency evacuation;
- Mobile app for arranging access to trusted providers outside the U.S., finding brand name medications equivalents, translating key medical terms and phrases, and confirming eligibility for benefits.
"We are pleased to be offer a solution for the large segment of Americans who need to be compliant with ACA, but also want to travel abroad with the economic protection and high level of customer assistance that comes with all GeoBlue policies,” said Brendan Sharkey, Director of Individual Products for GeoBlue.
GeoBlue Xplorer Select is available online at https://www.geobluetravelinsurance.com as well as through selected insurance brokers.
GeoBlue is the trade name for the international health insurance programs of Worldwide Insurance Services, an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. Setting the industry standard, GeoBlue’s mission is to provide peace of mind to long- and short-term global travelers by offering competitive insurance protection and technology-powered assistance, including an elite community of thousands of carefully selected, contracted doctors and hospitals in almost every country in the world as well as its signature destination databases, mobile tools and concierge-level services. The scope of GeoBlue's services and technology creates a complete, reliable, convenient way to keep international travelers and expats healthy and productive.
- GeoBlue® Names Two Industry Veterans to Sales Leadership
- WellAway Announces Approval Of Its Health Plans For US-Bound Expatriates As Compliant Under The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)
- GeoBlue's Physician Experts Offer Advice on the Ebola Epidemic
- Consumers Have Saved $9 Billion On Health Insurance Premiums Since 2011 As A Result Of The Affordable Care Act
- GeoBlue Renew Annual Advertising Deal With iPMI Magazine
- GeoBlue® Makes Medical Care More Convenient for Global Travelers
- GeoBlue® Introduces Global EAP Services for Expats
- Which Geographic Markets And Industries Represent A Core Focus For Insurers?
- Download GeoBlue Xplorer Brochure
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- GBG Introduces New Brand and Website
- IMG Welcomes Dina Tarantola-Froner As Chief Underwriting Officer
- AXA Completes Sale Of AXA Bank Belgium
- International Private Medical Insurance Magazine Provider Network Directory January 2022
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Angela Smith, Head Of Proposition Development, Charles Taylor Assistance