India Network announced today that all policy holders of India Network Health Insurance programs would be automatically covered for accidents and medical problems during their travel from the home country to the United States, Canada or Mexico. Policy holders must purchase the insurance on or before they embark on their journey to avail this coverage. Typically, visitors traveling from India start the coverage one or two days before their arrival in the United States, Canada or Mexico to avail this benefit.
India Network offers comprehensive insurance plans that limit individual exposure by availing network negotiated rates for services and pay 80% for such covered service. The second set of plans are known as scheduled benefit plans or fixed benefit plans that reimburse policy holders or provides a predetermined amount for each covered service. A special feature of India Network Health Insurance programs is that they also cover pre-existing conditions for both inpatient services and outpatient services.
Dr. KV Rao, President, India Network Foundation, said that the travel insurance coverage is very important for visitors traveling to the United States or Canada. Recently, an elderly person insured by India Network Health Insurance was injured during travel. ACE American Insurance Company, the underwriter ofIndia Network programs is helping the policy holder just because they choose to purchase the plan covering the travel date.
Life Expectancy in India is slowly increasing. Life expectancy at birth for women was 67.7 years and it was 64.6 years for men. Longer post retirement time creates several health problems for elderly visitors. Several health conditions such as diabetes, blood pressure, etc. go undetected for years. India Network today offers plans to cover pre-existing conditions to help those elderly with medical conditions that they may or may not know. Many other insurance plans often reject any claims for these elderly visitors under pre-existing medical coverage exclusions.
India Network advises everyone traveling to the United States to take the best medical coverage. Only proper medical insurance with pre-existing conditions coverage can help visitors with any unexpected medical problems during their overseas stay. It is very important to understand the definitions and exclusions in various plans. India Network Health Insurance is the only that treats pre-existing conditions on par with new problems and accidents and premiums are bit higher than other plans due to this improved coverage.
- International Private Medical Insurance Magazine Provider Network Directory February 2023
- International Private Medical Insurance Magazine Provider Network Directory January 2023
- iPMI Magazine Round Table: International Medical Cost Containment Strategies 2022
- International Private Medical Insurance Magazine Provider Network Directory December 2022
- International Private Medical Insurance Magazine Provider Network Directory November 2022
- Allianz Partners Announces Enhanced International Health Insurance Options For Customers
- International Private Medical Insurance Magazine Provider Network Directory October 2022
- International Private Medical Insurance Magazine Provider Network Directory September 2022
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Michael Nole, Executive Vice President Sales And Marketing At World Travel Protection
- Integra Global To Focus Exclusively On Locally Admitted Insurance Solutions
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Eithan Wolf, CEO, PassportCard Germany
- HCI Group Launches New Modular iPMI Plan, NIMBL Health
- APRIL International Maintains Top IPMI Service Rating For 2nd Consecutive Year
- Allianz Partners Continues Growth Trajectory Driven By Travel Rebound
- Allianz Partners Enhances Health Business With New Appointments