Designed for expatriate employees of multinational companies with offices in Africa, Cigna Global Health Benefits® is now offering its new Cigna Africa product. Expats in regions of Africa will benefit from Cigna's local experience and facilities, global medical network, and ongoing commitment to investments in this region.
Cigna Africa has been designed specifically for multinationals’ globally mobile, key local and third-country nationals (TCN) staff in Africa. The product has been tailored to the needs and local practices of the region, making the plan affordable and giving multiple options to individual preferences such as area of cover, cover levels and supplementary coverages. It includes health benefits, dental and vision cover, evacuation and health management services.
“Africa is an emerging economy, with significant growth of almost 1,000 billion US$ over the last decade1. This trend makes it an attractive expansion target for us. With our already existing infrastructure and experience in Africa, we are in a good position to give regional expats and key nationals a premium service,” says Bart Jordens, General Manager International Organisations and Africa at Cigna.
Currently, Cigna Global Health Benefits already supports the health, well-being and sense of security for numerous customers in Sub-Saharan Africa, employed by multinationals, non-profits and intergovernmental organizations (IGOs). It employs local communication officers and medical consultants in key hubs and claims intake office in Kenya.
Africa is emerging as a significant point of growth, making it an attractive expansion target for companies in search of new markets. The EY attractiveness index 2013 for Africa shows that Africa’s growth is real and sustainable, with the economic output of Sub-Saharan Africa having grown strongly from US$344.1 billion in 2000 to US$1 334.2 billion in 2012. Sub-Saharan economic output is projected to reach US$1 844.6 by 2017.
1 Source: EY 2013/14 Sub-Saharan Africa talent trends and practices survey report.
- International Private Medical Insurance Magazine Provider Network Directory January 2022
- International Private Medical Insurance Magazine Provider Network Directory December 2021
- Will Bupa And DNI Now Compete In Several Countries Where Generali And Generali Employee Benefits Are Both In Business, Or Just The Middle East, Or Just The UAE?
- Healix International Wins At EMEA Forum For Expatriate Management Awards
- BLACK FRIDAY: Save Up To 33% When You Purchase International Health Insurance (IPMI) 2021 Report
- International Private Medical Insurance Magazine Provider Network Directory November 2021
- Designing A Benefits Package For Assignment Success With Caroline Walmsley, Global Head of HR, AXA Global Healthcare
- We Need Better Communication To Make International Assignments A Success
- International Private Medical Insurance Magazine Provider Network Directory October 2021
- FAI Named Finalist For Seventh Time In ITIJ Air Ambulance Company Of Year Awards