Generali Global Health, the international health insurance division of Assicurazioni Generali S.p.A., has announced the launch of their Global Choice plan in Hong Kong, having successfully registered the product in partnership with Generali Hong Kong. The launch will allow Generali Global Health to distribute Global Choice to corporate clients within this market.
Global Choice is Generali Global Health’s flagship international health insurance plan. It is designed to cater to the needs of globally mobile employees, as well as act as an enhanced health insurance solution for local nationals wishing to travel oversees for treatment. The plan has a flexible modular design, allowing employers to mix-and-match benefits and choose the level of cover they need for each. It also allows employers to segment their workforce into groups of three or more employees, providing more relevant cover across different parts of their group.
Other Global Choice benefits include:
- A simpler pricing mechanism that uses a group’s average age to create a single adult and child rating structure
- Access to a network of over 600,000 medical facilities and the freedom to use a hospital or medical facility of choice
- Multilingual, 24/7 contact with medical case coordinators who are supported by a team of doctors and clinical specialists
- Technology that allows members to access their policies from anywhere in the world, including a member portal that provides the ability to carry out tasks from changing policy details to making claims.
Marco Giacomelli, head of Generali Global Health, said, “Asia is a strategically important region for Generali Global Health, so the launch of Global Choice in Hong Kong is an exciting step into this market. Our customers will greatly benefit from Generali Global Health’s specific expertise in international health and Generali Hong Kong’s knowledge and reputation for excellence in the local market, and we are proud to offer them the widest and most flexible range of products and services in the market.”
The plan's additional benefits include high annual limits, a direct billing facility in an international network, and a range of specialist cover options.
Terry Tsang, Assistant General Manager, Generali Hong Kong said, “In Asia, healthcare costs are amongst some of the highest in the world. This creates a unique customer demand for individual and group health insurance businesses. Global Choice is a flexible and cost efficient solution that has been developed in response to this market need. In this competitive environment, quality insurance products from Generali Global Health demonstrate Generali’s commitment to understand our customers and address their specific needs.”
- ROCK Insurance Group Updates Its COVID-19 Insurance Policies To Include Cover For Travel Against FCO Advice
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Dr. Ian Russinoff, Medical Director, Generali Global Assistance Travel Assistance & GMMI, Inc.
- Aetna International Provides Discount On Group Health Cover For New And Existing SME Customers, As Part Of COVID-19 Support Measures
- Integra Global Launches New IPMI Inpatient Plan Range – InCare
- Collinson Launches New International Healthcare Solution To Further Extend Its International Insurance Reach
- International Health Insurance Premiums Are on the Rise in 97 Countries
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Janette Hiscock, CEO Of Global Solutions Europe, United Healthcare Global
- International Medical Group Unifies Family Of Companies Under 1 Brand
- Video: In 2019 The Definition Of An Expatriate Is Obsolete
- Video: Paul Tidy COO Explains How Generali Global Health Works With Group And External Partners
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- iPMIM Advertisers Save Over 55% On New iPMI Report - Subscribers Save Over 45%
- ABTA Estimates Over 90,000 Jobs* Already Affected In UK Travel And Wider Industry
- 90% Of Countries Report Disruptions To Essential Health Services Since Covid-19 Pandemic
- Sluggish Improvement In Passenger Demand Continues
- Healix International Announces SAP Concur Partnership To Help Employers Locate And Communicate With Employees During Critical Incidents