XL Catlin has officially launched Protect and Assist its accident and health insurance solution designed to help UK businesses protect their people and meet their duty of care in the face of emerging risks and heightened security threats.
Protect and Assist offers global coverage and works by combining comprehensive personal accident and business travel insurance with a wide range of support and response services designed to:
- Reduce and prevent risks before people travel. The policy allows for the review of a client’s travel risk policy or the provision of one. It also includes pre-travel medical assessment, for employees going overseas for long periods, pre-travel medical and security expert advice and detailed preparation reports for current ‘high risk’ areas or perils.
- Provide assistance and support to people where and when they need it. The solution has an extensive list of benefits which includes expert medical and security crisis response and evacuation, access to an identity theft helpline, emergency cash advance, and lost baggage location and 24/7 access to qualified counsellors.
- Provide insurance cover when things go wrong at home or abroad, with our personal accident and travel insurance. The policy covers death or permanent or temporary disablement. The solution is for all employees, with no pre-existing conditions exclusion, and coverage is available for all trades, occupations or activities.
Additionally a bespoke approach to claims handling means quick claims settlements - small baggage and money losses usually settled within 24 hours.
A key feature of Protect and Assist is that clients can effectively build their own solution by cherry picking from the very broad services and coverages XL Catlin has made available.
Commenting Patrick Corbett, Global Head of Life, Accident & Health at XL Catlin, said: “In developing this solution we recognised we had a great opportunity to totally rethink what a client wants and needs and to build from the ground up a modern product that serves business today.
“I believe we have achieved that by providing not only insurance but a solution which proactively strengthens and supports a client’s duty of care, protecting their greatest asset, their people, from unexpected risks in the workplace and when travelling for business.”
XL Catlin will also be launching Protect and Assist in Spain and Italy shortly.
- Healix’s Active Monitoring Service Now Available Via Concur’s New Locate Travel Risk Management Platform
- Holiday Risks Campaign Encourages Uptake Of Travel Insurance
- Discover The Best Practices In Travel Risk Management
- Effective Travel Risk Plans Are “Imperative” In Current Environment
- UNIGLOBE Travel Launches CAP™ To Enhance Safety And Security For Travelers
- Seven Corners Introduces SecureAbroad for Business Travelers