Generali Global Assistance's Travel Insurance division ("the Company"), formerly CSA Travel Protection has announced that it has expanded its product offerings to provide additional plans with enhanced coverages for consumers to help protect themselves and their belongings while travelling, as well as their travel investments. The Company also announced the launch of its first direct to consumer website under the Generali brand to complete the loop on a 360° sales and service portfolio – rounding out its already robust affiliate sales model.
The new plans were built through consumer input all the way down to their naming conventions; Standard, Preferred, and Premium. All three plans include:
- access to Generali Global Assistance's strong network of approximately 425,000 medical providers;
- Trip Cancellation coverage that can even cover in the event of sickness or injury of family members that are not traveling–which is one of the most extensive in the marketplace;
- a robust medical expense service which includes a No Out-of-Pocket Medical that can arrange a traveler's appointment and pay up front for acute treatments up to $1,000 if they get sick or injured while traveling;
- Identity Theft Resolution services;
- Teladoc* (or virtual doctor) services;
- and concierge services.
A unique feature of the Preferred and Premium plans is coverage for the loss, theft, damage or delay of sporting equipment – making them ideal for golf and ski vacations. The Premium plan includes:
- Rental Car Damage** coverage;
- Optional Trip Cancellation for Any Reason*** coverage;
- coverage for pre-existing conditions (available if the plan is purchased prior to, or within 24 hours, of final trip payment as long as other requirements are met, which is more liberal than most travel insurance plans being offered in the marketplace today).
Commenting on today's news, Chris Carnicelli, CEO of Generali Global Assistance, said, "These moves are directly indicative of our consumer-centric mindset. We recognized that our current offerings were far too limited and lacked the customization that today's customer desires. These new plans have been built using direct customer feedback and I am pleased to say they are just the beginning of a new comprehensive suite of offerings we plan to roll-out."
The new Generali Global Assistance Travel Insurance consumer website has been designed as an evolutionary customer journey platform, to guide consumers at any stage of their journey—research, buying, or servicing. Key to the experience is the rich travel resource content, comparisons of Generali plans and travel advice, allowing consumers to better understand travel insurance so they can make smarter buying decisions. The responsive website makes it easy for consumers to access it from any device – providing them with plan information, a booking engine, travel resource information or claim submission tools – whenever and wherever they may be on their journey.
Commentating on the launch of the new consumer website, Tiffany Glass, head of marketing and e-commerce for Generali Global Assistance, said, "This site was designed in tandem with consumers, allowing them to self-service, access decision making information, or even read peer-reviews of the products and services during optimal touchpoints in the customer journey. This site is not a replacement of our third-party sales model, but rather a complimentary add-on to help put more information and access to our tools, under the Generali brand, in the hands of the consumer. We are endeavoring to create products with greater transparency and flexibility for today's more discerning consumer and the new website provides us with the ability to do just that."
Generali Global Assistance offers a full suite of innovative, vertically integrated travel insurance products and assistance services that help protect consumers against certain risks associated with travel. These products combine the institutional knowledge, quality, and customer service built by CSA over the past 25 years with the backing and underwriting ability of a global insurance brand – Generali.
*Teladoc services may not be available in all states, and international services may be limited.
**This coverage is not available to residents of Texas.
***This coverage is not available to residents of New York.
Latest from International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Magazine
- Healix To Provide Medical Advice And Assistance For BBC Staff Travelling Overseas
- Cigna Eyes Rapid Expansion In The Middle East
- Aetna International Continues To Expand Asian Footprint With Hong Kong License
- International Assistance Group Strengthens Medical Assistance Capabilities In Malta And Conflict Areas
- Male Expats Eye Career Development, While Females Seek Personal Enrichment