Expatriate Group has launched a short term IPMI plan, providing expats with greater flexibility in their suite of international private healthcare policies.
Effective immediately, Expatriate Group are allowing customers to purchase their iPMI policies for periods from as little as 3 months; with a defined end date. Short Term policies are available for up to 11 months in all.
“This is an initiative by the Expatriate Group Customer Care team, who have highlighted that this is something that’s regularly requested by new members” explained Lee Gerry, Expatriate Group Director.
The change is aimed at supporting customers on a short term secondment overseas, i.e.
- People that are travelling extensively, who don’t want to return home for treatment.
Or students, who may benefit from buying their overseas iPMI policy in smaller chunks.
Gerry goes on to say, “Travel polices might not work in all cases, as the aim, in the event of a claim, is to get the customer back to their home country for treatment. Whereas the short term iPMI policy allows customers receive local medical treatment without any break in their obligations overseas”.
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory August 2018
- Half Of Travellers Aged 18-24 Would Risk Travelling Without Insurance
- Senior Promotions As Now Health International Progresses Global Growth Strategy
- 17.6 Million Would Struggle To Recover From A Financial Shock Or Loss Of Income
- 3 Reasons Travel Insurance Isn't Just For International Trips