AXA Global Healthcare has announced it will be enhancing its IPMI plans from October 2017 to meet the fresh challenges in the International Private Medical Insurance market. These updates include improvements to key offerings such as the International Health Plan, and Global Protect Health Plan in Hong Kong.
Enhancements have been made across several areas of cover, including policy limits on the Standard and Prestige Plus plans, improved ambulance transport benefit and an increased drugs and dressings and out-patient limit. Additionally, AXA is also introducing two new excess options to its Standard plan to give individual customers more options to tailor their premiums.
Kevin Melton, Director of Sales and Marketing commented, “We’re always reviewing our global health insurance propositions to make sure we can offer our customers the service and cover they need to live their life to the fullest. The global healthcare market is always evolving, and that’s why we’ve updated our proposition to ensure it can better meet the needs of our customers, wherever they are in the world. Whether they want a comprehensive health plan or cover in an emergency, we hope that these enhancements will provide the extra flexibility our customers require, so they have complete confidence in their plan.”
Key changes include:
- Overall policy limit – AXA has increased its overall annual policy limit on Standard and Prestige Plus, to offer customers additional confidence that its plans can cover them for the treatment they may need.
- Out-patient combined limit – treatment cost varies by country. So to ensure customers can continue to get the most out of their Comprehensive and Prestige plans, AXA has increased its out-patient limit which covers diagnostic tests as well as physiotherapy, and visits to a doctor.
- Ambulance transport – by removing the limit for ambulance transportation across all levels of cover, AXA now covers the cost of ambulance transport in full for its customers. Based on market analysis, AXA identified this as a key area of improvement for customers.
- New excess options – AXA understands that individual clients who choose the Standard International Health Plan are often happy to pay for day-to-day medical costs themselves, but still want cover for any serious or emergency treatment. AXA has therefore introduced two higher excess options on the Standard plan without out-patient cover. This option can also help manage premiums for any individual customers who are concerned about price increases.
- Drugs and dressings benefit – AXA has listened to feedback from members and increased the drugs and dressings limit on Comprehensive and Prestige plans.
The product enhancements also cover country-specific plans, including the Global Protect Health Plan, available to large corporate clients in Hong Kong.
Kevin Melton concluded, “These enhancements along with the our core offerings which include a second opinion service and evacuation and repatriation as standard means that customers can rest assured that with AXA, we’ll be there to help them whenever they need us.”
- New Low Cost Business Health Insurance Plans Launched By April International Care For Singapore
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Sigal Atzmon, CEO, Medix Group
- How To Submit News, Articles and Case Studies To iPMI Magazine
- 3 Exclusive Summer Offers From iPMI Magazine
- APRIL International Care UK Appoints New Business Development Manager
- AXA Global Healthcare Launches International Health Insurance Foundation Cover Level
- Video: What Do UK Insurance Brokers Like About Generali Global Health Global Choice IPMI Plans?
- VIDEO: Generali Global Health CEO Marco Giacomelli Discusses The Mission Of Generali Global Health
- VIDEO: Paul Tidy COO Introduces The Generali Global Health Provider Network
- VIDEO: Paul Tidy COO Introduces Generali Global Health's Digital Services
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- New Frontier Group Wins Cost Containment And Claims Management Company Of The Year At The 2019 ITIC Awards In Malta
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network e-Directory November 2019: iPMI - Assistance - Air Ambulance - Funeral Directors - Cost Containment - Claims Management + MORE
- New Frontier Group Signs New Agreement With International Assistance Group (IAG) For US Cost Containment
- New Frontier Group
- AXA To Sell AXA Bank Belgium, And Enter Into A Long-Term Insurance Distribution Partnership With Crelan Bank