National Friendly is pushing its Out Patient Optimum product as a potential solution to UK GP waiting times. The private medical insurance plan offers a range of benefits which importantly includes the ability for customers to gain immediate access to a network of private GPs across the UK, making it particularly suited to patients who are time-poor or who are not prepared to wait on average 13 days for a GP appointment in England.
A recent survey of 830 GPs by Pulse , the monthly GP news magazine and website, has shown that the average wait for a GP appointment is now around 13 days in England, despite changes introduced by the NHS to alleviate pressures on general practice. The average waiting time, although stable, is up from 10 days in 2015, according to the data.
The survey also reveals that more than 40% of patients must now wait longer than 14 days for a routine appointment.
Head of Sales and Marketing at National Friendly, Wayne Carter, comments: “GP waiting times are a highly visible issue for the NHS, as a visit to the GP is key to unlocking access to both NHS and private care, even for relatively minor ailments. Delays of up to two weeks inconvenience many, so we have designed a straightforward insurance plan that allows easy access to a private GP when needed.”
There are currently around 371 private GP nationally in the UK.
- Adrian Henry Joins Bellwood Prestbury
- How To Communicate In A Medical Emergency In Philippines
- Understanding PMI And IPMI Market Size Per Country
- Chase Templeton Scores Four With Wellbeing Health Insurance Acquisition
- How To Communicate In A Medical Emergency In Indonesia
- Punter Southall Health & Protection Launches Expatriate Benefit Solutions
- Punter Southall Health & Protection Launches Post Hospital Service
- UK Niche Insurance
- Chase Templeton Completes Avanti Healthcare Acquisition
- Insurance Premium Tax Increase Will Affect 3 Million Private Medical Insurance Policies
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- FAI Welcomes Seventh Global Express
- Warning Against Fake Anti-Rabies Vaccine In The Philippines
- SOS International: Be Careful When Relying On The Blue European Health Insurance Card In Spain
- International SOS And Chinese Enterprise Association (SINGAPORE) Sign A Partnership Agreement
- Allianz X Increases Fund Size To €1 Billion