In collaboration with two of the most highly respected names in global healthcare, Bupa Global and Blue Cross Blue Shield Global, this differentiated product will offer Colombians access to the largest provider networks globally.
Seguros Bolívar, the leading insurance company in Colombia, launches a portfolio of international health plans in Colombia. Tiered on coverage and price, the new global health plans have been developed based on extensive research to meet the needs of globally-minded, globally mobile customers.
Customers will now have the ability to access the right care, at the right time, across the largest networks of leading healthcare providers and facilities worldwide. This differentiated product portfolio is the result of the combined strength and expertise delivered through the strategic collaboration among Seguros Bolívar, Bupa Global and Blue Cross Blue Shield Global.
“In a globalized world, we are proud to offer Colombian customers a portfolio of international private medical insurance products that gives them access to the highest quality healthcare, wherever and whenever they need it. We’re delighted to launch these products alongside two of the most well-respected names in the healthcare industry - Bupa Global and Blue Cross Blue Shield Global in the Unites States.” said Javier Suarez, President of Seguros Bolívar.
“Insights from our research inform us that when it comes to global health plans, customers are really looking for simplicity and flexibility, said Moses Dodo, General Manager for Bupa Global Latin America. “These products are tiered, offering different levels of coverage and price so that it’s easy to choose the option that meets the unique needs of individuals and families.
The new IPMI products were carefully developed based on findings from an extensive global study, involving more than 3,000 individuals of different nationalities and backgrounds around the world. They are packaged to offer benefits that promote consumers’ all-round health and will include the following coverage:
- In-hospital and out-patient care
- Health checks – focused on preventative as much as curative care
- Mental and holistic therapies – caring for mind and body
- Evacuation – if emergency treatment isn’t available locally, transportation for the member and one other person to where treatment or care is available
- Treatment for cancer and other serious illnesses, for as long as needed, while insured
- Hereditary, congenital and chronic conditions
- Transplants and rehabilitation
"Colombia marks the tenth country launch of these co-branded health plans and we’re delighted that customers in the region can now reap the benefits”, said Maureen Sullivan, Chief Strategy and Innovation Officer of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (BCBSA). “Our vision is to provide customers with well-designed products and services that meet their unique demands for stability and security as global citizens.”
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- It’s In The Genes For International Medical Insurance Providers
- Bupa UK Appoints Sales Director For Health Clinics
- Allianz Care Announces New Partnership With ICE Insurance In Mozambique
- A.M. Best Affirms Credit Ratings of Munich Reinsurance Company and Most of Its Subsidiaries
- Pacific Prime Wins Two Awards At The NOW Health International And Best Doctors Insurance Convention In Thailand