APRIL International Care, the international private medical insurance (IPMI) division of APRIL Group, has launched MyHealth France, an IPMI policy designed to meet the needs of expatriates living in France in both the pre and post Brexit era.
Commenting on the new policy launch, APRIL International UK Managing Director, Joe Thomas said, “This new policy will give considerable comfort and reassurance to UK and other nationals living in France, whilst Brexit negotiations continue. Healthcare insurance and healthcare costs in general have emerged as a major concern for all foreign nationals living in France, particularly UK nationals, so this solution should provide a clear way forward.”
France is currently home to 1.3 million expatriates of all nationalities, a figure which is expected to rise to 1.5 million within the next two years. UK nationals make up 150,000 of this group and are the largest single foreign nationality resident in the country.
For expatriates who are no longer covered by the health system in their country of origin, the new policy from APRIL International Care can be used to meet top up expenses, which typically are not covered by the basic French social security system. These can include items such as the cost of a private room in hospitals and optical and dental services. The new policy offers a modular structure with five levels of cover to enable residents to pick their own level of protection. No age limit applies and no restrictions apply where pre-existing conditions exist.
Importantly for expatriates, the new policy is administered in English and includes a direct settlement network for medical expenses of 156,000 healthcare professionals within France when treatment is required. Policies are taken out on an individual basis, with premiums set according to age. The amount of medical costs reimbursed depends upon the level of cover taken and is paid after any French social security contribution. MyHealth France also offers policyholders up to 90 days of temporary cover if they travel outside France, for example, to visit their country of origin.
- Now Health International Enhances Online Experience With WhatsApp For Business
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Janette Hiscock, CEO Of Global Solutions Europe, United Healthcare Global
- Integra Global Announces New Partnership For Telehealth Services In UAE
- Sedgwick Appoints Wayne Cheng Chief Operations Officer For Asia
- 3 Exclusive Summer Offers From iPMI Magazine
- AIA Agrees Exclusive Asia-Pacific Regional Partnership With Medix
- Broadstone Group Enters IPMI Market With Acquisition Of Specialist IPMI and Employee Benefits Firm
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Jerome Droesch, CEO, Cigna, MENA
- Sheldon Kenton Appointed President And CEO Of IPMI Leader GeoBlue
- International Health Insurer Allianz Care Announces Appointments For Qatar And Germany
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- GoodRx Launches Exclusive Prescription Savings Program For AAA Members
- Emergency Assistance Company Using App To Locate Travellers In Remote Regions
- Fox Flight Appoints Aaron Payne As Vice President
- The ACA 5 Years On — Early Struggles Give Way To Strong Performance For U.S. Health Insurers
- British Airways Traveltech Winner Pluto Announces New Mobile App And Babylon Health Integration To Better Serve The 62% Of Brits That Don't Use Travel Insurance