APRIL International Care, the international private medical insurance (IPMI) division of APRIL Group, has launched MyHealth France, an IPMI policy designed to meet the needs of expatriates living in France in both the pre and post Brexit era.
Commenting on the new policy launch, APRIL International UK Managing Director, Joe Thomas said, “This new policy will give considerable comfort and reassurance to UK and other nationals living in France, whilst Brexit negotiations continue. Healthcare insurance and healthcare costs in general have emerged as a major concern for all foreign nationals living in France, particularly UK nationals, so this solution should provide a clear way forward.”
France is currently home to 1.3 million expatriates of all nationalities, a figure which is expected to rise to 1.5 million within the next two years. UK nationals make up 150,000 of this group and are the largest single foreign nationality resident in the country.
For expatriates who are no longer covered by the health system in their country of origin, the new policy from APRIL International Care can be used to meet top up expenses, which typically are not covered by the basic French social security system. These can include items such as the cost of a private room in hospitals and optical and dental services. The new policy offers a modular structure with five levels of cover to enable residents to pick their own level of protection. No age limit applies and no restrictions apply where pre-existing conditions exist.
Importantly for expatriates, the new policy is administered in English and includes a direct settlement network for medical expenses of 156,000 healthcare professionals within France when treatment is required. Policies are taken out on an individual basis, with premiums set according to age. The amount of medical costs reimbursed depends upon the level of cover taken and is paid after any French social security contribution. MyHealth France also offers policyholders up to 90 days of temporary cover if they travel outside France, for example, to visit their country of origin.
- Pacific Prime Dubai Receives Cigna’s Individual Broker Of The Year 2019 Award
- Globality Health Withdraws From UK IPMI Market
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network e-Directory January 2020: iPMI - Assistance - Air Ambulance - Funeral Directors - Cost Containment - Claims Management + MORE
- Pacific Prime China Wins 2 Cigna & CMB Awards
- Collinson Launches New International Healthcare Solution To Further Extend Its International Insurance Reach
- New Low Cost Business Health Insurance Plans Launched By April International Care For Singapore
- Aetna International Shortlisted For Multiple Awards
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Gary Dawson, Director of Business Development, Pacific Cross Insurance
- Now Health International Enhances Online Experience With WhatsApp For Business
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Janette Hiscock, CEO Of Global Solutions Europe, United Healthcare Global
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Nepali Government In Collusion With Private Clinic And Helicopter Company To Close IPPG Volunteer Clinics
- Teladoc Health To Acquire InTouch Health
- REVA Raises The Bar - New Aircraft Purchases Begins Migration to Most Modern Fleet in the Fixed Wing Air Ambulance Industry
- AXA - Global Healthcare Upgrades Virtual Doctor App
- A Post-Brexit Checklist for Expats