AXA – Global Healthcare has expanded its international health insurance offering by launching its new 'Foundation' cover level. Now available to expats and travelers of all ages, it is designed to offer essential cover to those who want the reassurance of having fundamental medical cover in place while they are living abroad.
Kevin Melton, Global Head of Sales and Marketing, commented, "Foundation has been launched as part of our product development programme, with the intention of complementing the existing four cover levels of our global health plan. We know that for some members, extensive cover, which supports most medical eventualities, isn't always required from day one. That's why we are introducing a more budget-friendly plan, offering essential cover while still providing day-and-night access to our global service team, a personal online account and our worldwide network of medical providers."
A budget-friendly option, Foundation offers personal customers an essential level of cover, such as in-patient treatment, cancer treatment and emergency evacuation and repatriation. It may also be a preferable choice for those who are looking to supplement an existing local health plan, giving customers whose home countries may lack the facilities required to undergo certain treatments the option to choose a facility abroad.
With an overall policy limit of £100,000 / $160,000 / €125,000 per person, per policy year, Foundation offers:
- Cover for hospital charges, including charges for psychiatric treatment (up to 100 days in a members' lifetime), accommodation and diagnostic tests
- Cover for surgeon, anaesthetist and physician charges as an in-patient
- Cover for cancer treatment, including radiotherapy and chemotherapy
- Cover for CT, MRI and PET scans
- Cover for emergency or medically necessary ambulance transport
- Emergency evacuation or repatriation
Giving customers additional choice, they can also choose to add an optional upgrade to include cover for out-patient treatment, including a virtual doctor service. The upgrade includes:
Up to £2,500 / $4,000 / €3,200 in total for:
- Medical practitioner fees
- Psychiatric treatment
- Diagnostic tests
- Physiotherapy treatment
- Up to £100 / $160 /€125 for vaccinations and their administration
- Up to £300 / $480 / €380 for complementary practitioner fees (out of combined limit)
- Up to £100 / $160 / €125 for out-patient drugs and dressings
- Access to a virtual doctor service for consultations over the phone and via video conference
With the launch of the Foundation cover level, AXA – Global Healthcare's global product suite for personal customers now includes Foundation, Standard, Comprehensive, Prestige and Prestige Plus.
- Aetna International Provides Discount On Group Health Cover For New And Existing SME Customers, As Part Of COVID-19 Support Measures
- Integra Global Launches New IPMI Inpatient Plan Range – InCare
- New Low Cost Business Health Insurance Plans Launched By April International Care For Singapore
- Video: What Do UK Insurance Brokers Like About Generali Global Health Global Choice IPMI Plans?
- VIDEO: Generali Global Health CEO Marco Giacomelli Discusses The Mission Of Generali Global Health
- VIDEO: Paul Tidy COO Introduces The Generali Global Health Provider Network
- VIDEO: Paul Tidy COO Introduces Generali Global Health's Digital Services
- VIDEO: Generali Global Health's Claim Process Explained
- Now Health International Launches New Digital IPMI Product To Cater For The Next Generation Of Expatriate
- Combatting Fraud, Waste And Abuse In IPMI
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Allianz Care Reports Up To 235% Year-On-Year Increase In Applications For International Health Insurance Policies
- ACC Aviation Partners With Air Ambulance Systems Specialist AeroMedical
- Aetna International Announces Partnership With Leading Mental Well-Being App Wysa, As Part Of Enhanced Mental Well-Being Support For Members During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty And Allianz Care Introduce Digital Health Services To Singapore-Based Customers
- Johan Forsgård To Take New Nordics Leadership Role At Willis Towers Watson