Integra Global, a leading provider of international health insurance plans worldwide, is introducing a new telehealth service into all of its Corporate and Individual plans in the U.A.E.
Together with SALAMA, the insurer of its plans in the U.A.E, Integra Global has selected Health at Hand as its partner, the first telemedicine provider licensed by the Dubai Health Authority (DHA).
All existing and new members will have immediate access to the new telehealth app, at no additional cost, and the service is expected to be launched in July.
The service will transform access to primary healthcare, providing members with secure access to a DHA-accredited doctor via mobile video consultation, from the convenience and comfort of their homes or offices, or whilst away.
The telehealth app works by connecting users within minutes to highly qualified doctors who are able to quickly and conveniently examine symptoms, provide diagnoses, make treatment recommendations and prescribe medication. The telehealth service also includes the issue of e-referrals; e-prescriptions; and delivery of medication.
Significantly, telehealth consultations will not be subject to co-payment, increasing the value of the health plans, and providing extra choice for members as to how they select their plan options, and manage the premiums that they pay.
Members can access the service simply by downloading the Health at Hand mobile app, which is available on Google Play and the App Store.
Philip Catterton, Managing Director at Integra Global, commented, "Our members are internationally mobile, they lead busy lives and this new service allows them to access a doctor immediately, wherever they are, saving them travel time and cost, or waiting for an appointment at a busy medical centre or doctors surgery. It can be particularly convenient for parents with young children or babies.
"We believe video consultations are going to change the future of how we access medical advice worldwide. We're very excited about our partnership with Health at Hand and we're extremely proud to be one of the first health insurance providers offering this kind of service in the UAE."
Health at Hand Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Charlie Barlow, commented, "In line with our vision to bring the highest standard of healthcare to everyone, wherever and whenever it is needed the most, we are delighted to have partnered with another internationally renowned health plan provider in Integra Global, while at the same time supporting the government of the UAE in bringing high quality, technology-enabled, primary healthcare to the population of the country."
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory July 2020
- Bupa To Increase Stake In Bupa Arabia To 43.25%
- 'COVID Travel Safe' Online Tool Set To Help Employers Resume Business Critical Travel Safely
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory June 2020
- iPMI Magazine Protects Business During COVID-19
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory May 2020
- A Video Message from Gitte Bach, CEO and President, New Frontier Group
- PassportCard Launches International Health Insurance In Germany
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory April 2020
- Managing International Medical Risks During A Global Pandemic
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Charles Taylor Launches Digital Tool To Manage Employees' Back-To-Work And Back-To-Travel Risk Assessments
- Universal Air Evac Acquire And Implement A Portable Negative Pressure Isolation Unit
- The COVID-19 Challenge: Delivering International Health And Medical Services During A Pandemic
- Generali Involves Over 30 Thousand People With The Human Safety Net’s Programs
- ROCK Insurance Group Launches New COVID-19 Travel Insurance And Cancellation Products To Travel Trade