Integra Global, a leading provider of international health insurance plans worldwide, is introducing a new telehealth service into all of its Corporate and Individual plans in the U.A.E.
Together with SALAMA, the insurer of its plans in the U.A.E, Integra Global has selected Health at Hand as its partner, the first telemedicine provider licensed by the Dubai Health Authority (DHA).
All existing and new members will have immediate access to the new telehealth app, at no additional cost, and the service is expected to be launched in July.
The service will transform access to primary healthcare, providing members with secure access to a DHA-accredited doctor via mobile video consultation, from the convenience and comfort of their homes or offices, or whilst away.
The telehealth app works by connecting users within minutes to highly qualified doctors who are able to quickly and conveniently examine symptoms, provide diagnoses, make treatment recommendations and prescribe medication. The telehealth service also includes the issue of e-referrals; e-prescriptions; and delivery of medication.
Significantly, telehealth consultations will not be subject to co-payment, increasing the value of the health plans, and providing extra choice for members as to how they select their plan options, and manage the premiums that they pay.
Members can access the service simply by downloading the Health at Hand mobile app, which is available on Google Play and the App Store.
Philip Catterton, Managing Director at Integra Global, commented, "Our members are internationally mobile, they lead busy lives and this new service allows them to access a doctor immediately, wherever they are, saving them travel time and cost, or waiting for an appointment at a busy medical centre or doctors surgery. It can be particularly convenient for parents with young children or babies.
"We believe video consultations are going to change the future of how we access medical advice worldwide. We're very excited about our partnership with Health at Hand and we're extremely proud to be one of the first health insurance providers offering this kind of service in the UAE."
Health at Hand Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Charlie Barlow, commented, "In line with our vision to bring the highest standard of healthcare to everyone, wherever and whenever it is needed the most, we are delighted to have partnered with another internationally renowned health plan provider in Integra Global, while at the same time supporting the government of the UAE in bringing high quality, technology-enabled, primary healthcare to the population of the country."
- Now Health International Enhances Online Experience With WhatsApp For Business
- 3 Exclusive Summer Offers From iPMI Magazine
- Sheldon Kenton Appointed President And CEO Of IPMI Leader GeoBlue
- International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Policy Designed To Meet The Needs Of Expatriates Living In France Pre And Post BREXIT
- Save 25% When You Join iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory - Black Friday Sale Starts Now
- 24 Hours Left - Save 25% When You Join iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory - OFFER ENDS 23RD Oct 2018
- Save 25% When You Join iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory*
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory October 2018
- UnitedHealthcare Global Launch New International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Product
- Cigna Opens New Global Sales Centre For Global Individual Private Medical Insurance Business At Dubai International Financial Centre
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- New Frontier Group Wins Cost Containment And Claims Management Company Of The Year At The 2019 ITIC Awards In Malta
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network e-Directory November 2019: iPMI - Assistance - Air Ambulance - Funeral Directors - Cost Containment - Claims Management + MORE
- New Frontier Group Signs New Agreement With International Assistance Group (IAG) For US Cost Containment
- New Frontier Group
- AXA To Sell AXA Bank Belgium, And Enter Into A Long-Term Insurance Distribution Partnership With Crelan Bank