Collinson has launched an all-new international healthcare plan, Collinson SmartHealth™ International, in Nairobi, Kenya. The solution is delivered in partnership with Kenbright, one of Kenya’s leading medical insurance providers.
Lawrence Watts, Head of Insurance at Collinson, said, “We are delighted to partner with Kenbright to launch this new health solution to the market. With healthcare infrastructure under pressure, especially within critical care, providing healthcare alternatives to consumers is vital. The research we carried out highlighted a strong consumer demand for international solutions; 41% surveyed stating that they would travel abroad for medical treatment if required.
“This launch, in partnership with Kenbright, means that companies in Kenya can give employees and their families access to the best possible overseas treatment through our in-house medical expertise and worldwide network of partners.”
Collinson envisages offering the plan in other countries in the region by partnering with local insurers, as well as building in its wider travel, assistance and insurance products and loyalty solutions to create a truly differentiated and holistic health plan within the comfort of a concierge travel experience.
Ezekiel Macharia, CEO at Kenbright, added, "We are thrilled to be launching this proposition in partnership with Collinson. Our team has worked hard to create an international healthcare solution that not only offers Collinson’s international insurance and assistance capabilities but will also harness local technology in Kenya, allowing our customers access to a robust network solution."
SmartHealth International will deliver a suite of new affordable health insurance products aimed at Kenyan companies, which want to protect and give peace of mind to employees and their families. Administered by Kenbright Healthcare Administrators Limited, Collinson will be harnessing its in-house insurance and assistance expertise to provide regional and international access to an extensive network of medical providers.
Designed by healthcare experts, SmartHealth International enables employees and their families to flexibly access international medical advice, treatment and support across the globe, whenever it is needed, through Collinson’s global network of health providers and in-house 24/7/365 medical assistance capability. Each case will be individually managed and assessed by Collinson’s expert medical team. The plans can include wellness, optical, dental and medical second opinion and traveller support services and can be tailored to individual company requirements and budgets.
Collinson believes that there is a significant opportunity to enhance the way international healthcare propositions are delivered. By utilising the expertise across Collinson’s loyalty and benefits capability, companies in Kenya can now offer their employees access to the best medical treatment available at home and globally. This also includes additional benefits such as digital doctor services, international medical second opinion and traveller support services accessing the Collinson global lounge network and security and medical advice when travelling.
In fact, recent third-party research commissioned by Collinson revealed that the vast majority (88%) of consumers in Kenya found the proposition to be attractive, with preventative and wellbeing and digital doctor services being rated attractive by 82% of the respondents.
For further information, please visit https://www.collinsongroup.com/en-meai/protect/international-healthcare
- New Low Cost Business Health Insurance Plans Launched By April International Care For Singapore
- International Health Insurance Premiums Are on the Rise in 97 Countries
- Aetna International Shortlisted For Multiple Awards
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Gary Dawson, Director of Business Development, Pacific Cross Insurance
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Janette Hiscock, CEO Of Global Solutions Europe, United Healthcare Global
- International Medical Group Unifies Family Of Companies Under 1 Brand
- How To Submit News, Articles and Case Studies To iPMI Magazine
- Sedgwick Appoints Wayne Cheng Chief Operations Officer For Asia
- AIA Agrees Exclusive Asia-Pacific Regional Partnership With Medix
- Broadstone Group Enters IPMI Market With Acquisition Of Specialist IPMI and Employee Benefits Firm
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- New Frontier Group Wins Cost Containment And Claims Management Company Of The Year At The 2019 ITIC Awards In Malta
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network e-Directory November 2019: iPMI - Assistance - Air Ambulance - Funeral Directors - Cost Containment - Claims Management + MORE
- New Frontier Group Signs New Agreement With International Assistance Group (IAG) For US Cost Containment
- New Frontier Group
- AXA To Sell AXA Bank Belgium, And Enter Into A Long-Term Insurance Distribution Partnership With Crelan Bank