Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) has announced that it is providing Defense Base Act (DBA) insurance on a global basis through its DBA-dedicated underwriting and claims team in Dubai.
“We are pleased to bring this mandatory coverage to contractors and companies operating throughout the Middle East and around the globe,” said Neeraj Yadvendu, Head of Third-Party Lines, BHSI Middle East. “Our coverage is supported by BHSI’s experienced Dubai-based DBA specialists who have well-established relationships with key vendors in volatile regions, ensuring exceptional services to customers when and where coverage is most needed.”
DBA insurance provides disability, medical and death benefits to covered employees, whether the injury or death occurs on or off the job in the course of employment. Further to its standard offering, BHSI can provide additional coverage in other key areas, such as Emergency Medical Evacuation and Supplementary Repatriation Expenses, tailoring its approach to meet customer needs.
U.S. federal law mandates DBA insurance for U.S.-government contractors, private employers and contractors working outside the U.S. on American military bases or under a contract with the U.S. government for public works or for national defense. These works include providing defense equipment, life support, materials or services to U.S. allies; or providing welfare services to benefit U.S. Armed Services.
For more information, please contact:
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Dr. Neil Crooks Appointed As New UK Medical Director At Air Alliance
- UnitedHealthcare Named Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brand
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory August 2020
- Airlines & Airports Issue Stark Warning To European PMs On Inconsistent Approach To Travel Restrictions
- APRIL International Care Announces Raft Of Enhancements To International Health Insurance Range MyHEALTH Singapore