The new policy will give travellers the peace of mind they have been looking for to venture out safely, including to countries currently advised against travelling to by the FCO.
Being offered by travel insurance provider battleface, for travellers up to and including age 59, the new policy includes cover for medical expenses caused by or resulting from Covid-19. The policy does not include cover in relation to Covid-19 expenses for trip cancellations, curtailment of a holiday or lockdowns.
The FCO updated its global advisory against ‘all but essential’ travel on July 3rd 2020, exempting some destinations that no longer pose an unacceptably high risk for British travellers. Many popular holiday destinations were not included in this list, which has caused travellers to put summer holiday plans on hold. The FCO advice remains under constant review and can change at any time to take into account the latest situation in each country.
Sasha Gainullin, CEO, battleface comments, “If the FCO advises against ‘all but essential’ travel to a country, it more often than not invalidates travellers’ insurance, and visiting there is at your own risk. battleface removes that uncertainty and gives travellers the confidence they’ve been looking for.”
For battleface policies purchased before July 17th 2020, the Covid-19 exclusions will remain in force and claims for travel costs or medical expenses in any way caused or resulting from Covid-19 will not be covered.
The policy is currently only available for our UK and EU customers.
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Dr. Neil Crooks Appointed As New UK Medical Director At Air Alliance
- UnitedHealthcare Named Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brand
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory August 2020
- Airlines & Airports Issue Stark Warning To European PMs On Inconsistent Approach To Travel Restrictions
- APRIL International Care Announces Raft Of Enhancements To International Health Insurance Range MyHEALTH Singapore