Club Med, the world leader in high-end all-inclusive vacations for families and active couples, and AXA Partners, a key player in the travel assistance and insurance sector, have signed a new strategic international partnership to offer optimum protection to Club Med customers through its flagship "Serenity Protection Plan" insurance product.
After long months of lockdown, the desire to travel is stronger than ever. In fact, travel is the activity Americans have missed the most during the pandemic and a majority feel an increased desire to travel because of it.
The pent-up desire to travel is accompanied by a strong need for reassurance and support from the moment the trip is booked until the return home.
In order to support travelers when making travel plans, Club Med and AXA Partners have signed an agreement to offer optimum protection with the "Serenity Protection Plan" insurance policy.
By purchasing this insurance, Club Med customers will benefit from exclusive protection specially designed to cover any unforeseen events they may encounter before, during or after their trip. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, including contamination by COVID-19, the stay and transportation can be reimbursed by this insurance. Clients will also benefit from a "missed flight" guarantee, baggage insurance and compensation in case of interruption of their stay.
This global offering, rolled out in just three months with the support of Club Med's long-standing partners Marsh and E-Thaque, provides a tailored response to Club Med's international clientele. The program has been rolled out in more than 20 countries, taking into account local conditions. It is based on operational procedures that guarantee consistent quality of service for customers.
Blessy George, CEO and Country Manager of AXA Partners US stated, “Following a year of restricted travel with many uncertainties related to the pandemic, we are proud of the added security and support offered to Club Med customers through travel insurance programs provided by AXA Partners. The partnership between Club Med and AXA Partners will enable customers to once again enjoy their vacations while feeling secure and at ease knowing they have access to travel assistance and insurance coverage if the need arises.”
Carolyne Doyon, President and CEO of Club Med North America and the Caribbean stated, “With more than 70 years of experience in the all-inclusive resort industry, it is important we continue to meet traveler expectations as we enter this new era of travel. Our partnership with AXA Partners exemplifies our long-standing commitment to ensure guests travel with complete peace of mind so they can focus on what matters the most – whether it’s a change of scenery, family togetherness or relaxation – during their Club Med vacation.”
Club Med, founded in 1950 by Gérard Blitz, is the pioneer of the all-inclusive concept, offering approximately 70 premium resorts in stunning locations around the world including North and South America, Caribbean, Asia, Africa, Europe and the Mediterranean. Each Club Med resort features authentic local style and comfortably upscale accommodations, superior sports programming and activities, enriching children's programs, gourmet dining, and warm and friendly service by its world-renown staff with legendary hospitality skills, an all-encompassing energy and diverse backgrounds.
Club Med operates in more than 30 countries and continues to maintain its authentic Club Med spirit with an international staff of more than 23,000 employees from more than 110 different nationalities. Led by its pioneering spirit, Club Med continues to grow and adapt to each market with three to five new resort openings or renovations per year, including a new Alpine ski resort annually.
AXA Partners is an international entity forming part of AXA offering a wide range of solutions in assistance services, travel insurance and credit protection & welfare. AXA Partners also plays a major role in deploying innovative solutions developed by AXA's Innovation Division. Our mission is to help our corporate clients enhance the experience of their own clients. Our 9000 employees are on hand to help and support them anywhere, at any time. In 2020, AXA Partners posted revenue of €2.98 billion.
- The Top 5 Threats To Businesses In The Next Year, According To Healix’s 2022 Risk Outlook Report
- Generali Global Assistance Appoints Chief Marketing Officer
- Roy Medical Assistance
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory October 2018
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory September 2018
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory August 2018
- Expanding UK Based DoctorCall Becomes An International Assistance Group Accredited Service Provider
- Starr Companies Appoints Jason Jenkins Head Of General Aviation, Major Risks
- Top International Private Medical Insurance (iPMI) Magazine Medical, Travel, Healthcare And Emergency Assistance News 2015
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Fiona Greenwood Operations Manager Rowland Brothers International
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Mandatory Health Insurance In Qatar Comes Into Effect
- Allianz Ayudhya Capital PCL (AYUD) Completes Acquisition Of Aetna Health Insurance Thailand 6 May 2022
- Sanlam And Allianz Join Forces To Create African Insurance Giant
- New Broker Technology Platform Launches For International Private Medical Insurance (iPMI) Market
- New Frontier Group Celebrates 20th Anniversary