UnitedHealthcare Global is entering the German market to provide local businesses with access to internationally recognised health, wellness, assistance and security programmes through the company’s new BeHealthy Deutschland expatriate insurance plans. The launch follows the success of UnitedHealthcare Global’s entry into the European market in the United Kingdom in 2018, and the Dutch market in 2021.
- New BeHealthy Deutschland proposition gives German businesses access to international healthcare plans.
- New market entry builds on UnitedHealthcare Global’s continued commitment to expand across Europe.
- Gives German members access to over 1.4million healthcare providers across the world.
BeHealthy Deutschland focuses on a holistic approach to wellbeing through the proactive wellbeing initiatives embedded across all plans. The plans offer globally mobile employees a personalised digital experience, helping members better manage international assignments by prioritising mental, emotional and physical health as well as encouraging healthier habits. The plans combine clinical, analytical expertise, unique in-country intelligence and access to a network of over 1.4 million providers across the world, including the United States, a key destination for German expatriates.
The main features of UnitedHealthcare Global’s BeHealthy Deutschland plans include:
- Optum My Wellbeing, a customised healthy lifestyle navigator app available in German and (other languages) focused on healthy activity, nutrition & mental and physical health services
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), which provides telephone, online and face-to-face counselling, including legal and financial advisory services
- LiveWell, a dedicated app and portal providing an extensive eLibrary of advice, factsheets and articles, and additional resources for a broad range of personal and work-related topics
- Maternity benefits, which include routine and personalised maternity care services
- Well child cover, up to their sixth birthday for physical examinations and other medical support. Additional benefits for children include eye and hearing tests for children under the age of 15
- In-house global assistance and security benefits, embedded across all plan levels, including COVID-19 testing and vaccine tracker tools
- Optional comprehensive dental plans, with rich annual maximum limits
“I am delighted to see the launch of our expatriate insurance plans in Germany. At UnitedHealthcare Global our priority is always to help people live healthier lives, so it is exciting to be able to offer our plans to many potential new clients across Germany, whose expatriate employees will be able to benefit from the proactive health and wellbeing services embedded in our BeHealthy Deutschland plans. This is a very important market for us and is the next step in expanding our footprint across Europe” said Janette Hiscock, CEO of UnitedHealthcare Global, Europe.”
The Central Bank of Ireland regulates UnitedHealthcare Global as it conducts business across the European Economic Area (EEA) on a freedom of services basis. The new offering will provide the choice to purchase and access global health and wellbeing coverage through UnitedHealthcare Global.
More information can be found at www.uhcglobal.de
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Eithan Wolf, CEO, PassportCard Germany
- HCI Group Launches New Modular iPMI Plan, NIMBL Health
- APRIL International Maintains Top IPMI Service Rating For 2nd Consecutive Year
- Allianz Partners Continues Growth Trajectory Driven By Travel Rebound
- Allianz Partners Enhances Health Business With New Appointments