Reports of an explosion at Sabiha Gokcen airport in Istanbul at around 2am on 23 December 2015; the circumstances of the incident are currently under investigation; the airport remains open.
Over 2,500,000 British nationals visit Turkey every year.
British nationals need a visa to travel to Turkey, except for cruise ship passengers with ‘British Citizen’ passports who arrive at sea ports for tourist visits to the port city or nearby cities, provided that the visit doesn’t exceed 72 hours.
If you’re visiting Turkey as a tourist or on business, get an e-Visa online before you travel. Only use the official Republic of Turkey e-Visa website. Avoid unauthorised websites as they may charge an additional fee. Some unauthorised websites have issued fake e-Visas.
If you don’t have an e-Visa you can still get a visa on arrival for £20 in cash, although the visa on arrival service is due to be phased out. Getting an e-Visa from the official website before you travel will avoid possible problems or delays at the Turkish border, or when boarding your flight in the UK.
Take out comprehensive international private medical insurance before you travel to Turkey, to cover the cost of any medical treatment abroad or emergency repatriation and evacuation. Be sure to read the small print of all iPMI policies before you purchase.
- Sheldon Kenton Appointed President And CEO Of IPMI Leader GeoBlue
- International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Policy Designed To Meet The Needs Of Expatriates Living In France Pre And Post BREXIT
- Save 25% When You Join iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory - Black Friday Sale Starts Now
- 24 Hours Left - Save 25% When You Join iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory - OFFER ENDS 23RD Oct 2018
- Save 25% When You Join iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory*
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory October 2018
- UnitedHealthcare Global Launch New International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Product
- Cigna Opens New Global Sales Centre For Global Individual Private Medical Insurance Business At Dubai International Financial Centre
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory September 2018
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory August 2018
- Expanding UK Based DoctorCall Becomes An International Assistance Group Accredited Service Provider
- IPMI, Assistance, Air Ambulance, Cost Containment And Claims Management, Funeral Directors, Ground Ambulance, Healthcare Insurance Management, Pharmacy Benefits Management
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory July 2018
- SAVE 33% When You Join iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory*
- William Russell Ltd Appoints Over Twenty Years’ Of IPMI Experience
- iPMI Upgrade For SMEs
- SGI Launches European Health Cash Plan
- HR Directors Report Rising Demand From Overseas Employees For iPMI Cover Over Past 5 Years
- ALC Health Appoints Colin Kirkpatrick as Managing Director Designate
- International Medical Group Demonstrates Commitment To UAE By Obtaining Consultancy License, Opening Office In Dubai
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Collinson Continues Medical Assistance Expansion With Aspen Medical Partnership
- Ending Out-of-Country Medical Insurance Too Quickly May Put Ontario Consumers at Risk
- March Passenger Demand Growth Slows On Later Easter Holiday
- National Friendly Appoints New Head Of Risk & Compliance
- 3 Recommendations To Boost The Benefits Of Aviation In France
- Swiss Re First Quarter 2019 Net Income Reflects Excellent Life & Health Reinsurance Performance And A Very Strong Investment Result, Partly Offset By Large Losses
- Generali UK Says “DON’T Leave Employee Duty Of Care To Chance” As It Launches New Personal Accident And Multinational Solutions
- CEGA Reaps Rewards Of Fraud Training
- QIC Group Net Profit Increases By 15 % To USD 75 Million In Q1 2019
- Traveller Assist Reaches £1M Milestone With Insurtech, Payr
- Quick Air Brings High Flow Oxygen Therapy And Humidification Into Air Ambulance Service
- Michael Van Der Straaten Confirmed As CEO Of Qatar Re
- Speakers Announced For AMII AGM
- Airlec Ambulance Appoints Dr. Cyrille Montesinos As Medical Director
- Airlec Air Ambulance
- APRIL International Care UK Appoints New Business Development Manager
- A Third Of Expats In The UK Are Worried About Domestic Politics
- MSH International Boosts Its Global Expansion With New Health And Travel Insurance Products And Services
- CEGA's Medical Screening Solution Attracts Millstream Underwriting
- What’s Shaping The Assistance Needs Of The Globally Mobile?
- ECMO Repatriation On The Air Alliance Challenger 604
- BIBA Welcomes FCA’s Update On Improving Access To Travel Insurance For People With Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- AIG Appoints Kathleen Zortman as President & Chief Executive Officer of Private Client Group, General Insurance
- TAT Continues “Thailand Travel Shield” Insurance Project
- AM Best Affirms Credit Ratings of National General Insurance Company (P.S.C.)
- Claims Management Companies Enter FCA Regulation
- International Health Insurance 2019: The Definitive iPMI Market Report
- Starr Insurance Companies Taps Carmella Capitano To Lead Primary General Casualty-Risk Management
- FINEOS AdminSuite Core Platform In Production With Tier 1 US Group And Voluntary Benefits Carrier
- Brexit, The EU & IPT – AMII Chair Announces Key Themes For AGM