The Kenyan authorities have advised heightened personal security during the Christmas holiday season; on 21 December 2015, the Kenyan Ministry of Interior and Co-ordination of National Government issued a public watch notice urging citizens to play a role in counter terrorism and prevention of criminal activities by being vigilant and reporting any suspicious activity, items and people.
117,000 British residents visited Kenya in 2014.
Take out comprehensive international private medical insurance before you travel to Kenya, to cover the cost of any medical treatment abroad or emergency repatriation and evacuation. Be sure to read the small print of all iPMI policies before you purchase.
Cholera, malaria and dengue fever occur in Kenya.
You should drink or use only boiled or bottled water and avoid ice in drinks. Don’t eat food prepared by unlicensed vendors.
If you need emergency medical assistance during your trip, dial 999 and ask for an ambulance. You should contact your international medical insurance/medical assistance company promptly if you are referred to a medical facility for treatment.
- How To Submit News, Articles and Case Studies To iPMI Magazine
- Healthy Passenger Demand Continues in 2018 With Another Record Load Factor
- Europe The Number 1 Destination People Wish To Visit In 2019
- September Passenger Demand Shows Hurricane Hit
- Some 46 Million More Tourists Travelled Internationally in 2016 Compared To 2015
- Global Passenger Traffic Results Show Demand Grew 7% Compared To Same Month In 2015
- VIDEO: Passenger Demand To Double Over 20 Years
- Real-Time Tracking of Bags to Save Air Transport Industry $3 Billion
- Nearly A Third Of Millennials Travelled Uninsured Last Year
- Lloyd's Leads Development Of Core Data Requirements For Cyber Insurance
- Indonesia Travel Warning: Explosions And Gunfire Rock Central Jakarta
- SMEs’ Concerns Over Cybercrime Have Doubled
- VIDEO: Airlines Continue to Improve Profitability 5.1% Net Profit Margin for 2016
- Total Passengers Set To Double To 7 Billion By 2034
- Global Passenger Traffic Results For September Showing Solid Demand Growth
- Lebanon Travel Security Warning: Explosions In Southern Suburb Area Beirut
- Commission Clears Acquisition Of Towers Watson By Willis
- Philippines Travel Advice: Security Ramped Up For APEC Summit
- Philippines Travel Advice: With Effect June 2015, Philippine Airlines Allowed To Operate In European Airspace
- Aviva Launches Cyber Cover
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Costa Fortune – Every 3 Minutes A UK Traveller Now Needs Emergency Medical Treatment Abroad, As The Medical Treatment Bill Hits An 8 Year High
- How Safe Is It To Visit Hong Kong?
- Now Health International Bolsters Senior Leadership Team With Strategic Hire
- Latest ABI Analysis Underlines Importance Of Preparing For Business Travel Risks
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Janette Hiscock, CEO Of Global Solutions Europe, United Healthcare Global
- Allianz Partners Appoints New Chief Financial Officer For International Health Brand, Allianz Care
- The Hearty Truth – UK Amongst The Worst In The World For Heart Health Awareness
- CEGA To Expose Travel Insurance Fraud In BBC Series
- AXA – Global Healthcare Appoints Gordon Delaney As Regional Head Of Europe
- American Employees Have A Strong Desire To Work Abroad, But Rarely Take The Opportunity
- U.S. Insurance Industry’s Structured Securities Holdings Top $1 Trillion
- Cigna Delivers Strong Second Quarter 2019 Results, Raises Revenue And Earnings Outlook
- The Health Insurance Group Becomes Towergate Health & Protection
- Starr Insurance Companies Extends Defense Base Act Coverage To Small Contractors
- McKesson Reports Fiscal 2020 First-Quarter Results
- MetLife Announces 2nd Quarter 2019 Results
- AXIS Re Welcomes Jason Busti As President Of North America
- AXA Half Year 2019 Earnings
- Rising Regulatory Standards In Asia-Pacific Will Erode Protectionism Say AM Best Directors
- Skyservice Air Ambulance Rebrands As Skyalta
- Teladoc Health Names Health Tech Veteran David Sides As Chief Operating Officer
- Increase In Cost Of Private Healthcare Stabilises But Remains Above Country Inflation Rates
- New Frontier Group Announces The Arrival Of Its Newest Management Team Member
- New Talent To Drive Now Health International’s IPMI Growth In Greater China
- International Medical Group Unifies Family Of Companies Under 1 Brand
- Generali Strengthens Its Presence In Portugal
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Dr. Gert Muurling, Medical Director, Air Alliance
- Working Hours Aren't Key To Expats' Improved Work-Life Balance
- Steve English Joins Trustmark Board Of Directors
- The Rugby World Cup 2019 – A Corporate Travel Conundrum