12 January 2016 and there has been an explosion in the Sultanahmet district of Istanbul.
If you’re in the affected area you should follow the instructions of the local security authorities.
On 30 December 2015, 2 men were detained in Ankara on suspicion of planning terrorist attacks.
The terrorist group Teyre Azadiye Kurdistan has claimed responsibility for a mortar attack on Sabiha Gokcen airport in Istanbul while the airport was closed for the night on 23 December. The Turkish authorities have increased security measures at airports in Istanbul in response.
There were 2 explosions near the main Ankara train station in the Ulus area on 10 October. At least 100 people were killed and more than 180 injured.
On 19 August 2015 there was an incident involving gunfire and a sound grenade in an attack on Turkish national police guards stationed outside Dolmabahçe Palace in Istanbul. On 10 August, 2 people opened fire outside the US Consulate-General in Istanbul. On 27 July there were reports of possible threats to public transport in Istanbul, in particular the metro stations at Yenikapi, Taksim, Osmanbey and Haciosman and stops on the Metrobus line.
Be vigilant, monitor media reports and keep up to date with this travel advice.
The terrorist group DHKP-C (Revolutionary People’s Liberation Party Front) has launched a series of attacks in Istanbul in 2015 targeting the Turkish police and judiciary. On 5 June, two people were killed and many injured by an explosion at an HDP rally in Diyarbakir. On 9 June, 4 people were killed in an attack in Diyarbakir. You should exercise caution.
Border crossings into Syria and nearby locations have also been targeted. On 20 July, a suicide bomber killed 33 people and injured over 100 others in Suruc, Sanlurfa.
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Jerome Droesch, CEO, Cigna, MENA
- International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Policy Designed To Meet The Needs Of Expatriates Living In France Pre And Post BREXIT
- International Health Insurer Allianz Care Announces Appointments For Qatar And Germany
- International Medical Group WorldAware Team Up to Assist Customers and Clients
- Now Health International Launches New Digital IPMI Product To Cater For The Next Generation Of Expatriate
- UnitedHealthcare Global Launch New International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Product
- iPMI Magazine International Private Medical Insurance Provider Network Directory April 2018
- HR Directors Report Rising Demand From Overseas Employees For iPMI Cover Over Past 5 Years
- International Medical Group Demonstrates Commitment To UAE By Obtaining Consultancy License, Opening Office In Dubai
- Burns & Wilcox Adds Top Executive to High-Net-Worth Practice
- Vista Launches VTO, Providing High-end Health Care Services To High Net-worth Individuals In China
- High-Net-Worth Individuals Worry About Underinsurance And Look For Service Excellence
- Providing iPMI To High Net Worth Individuals
- Cigna Acquires Zurich Insurance Middle East
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Tom Wilkinson, CEO of AXA’s Global Healthcare Business
- Protecting Your Staff Who Work Or Live Abroad With Nugent Santé
- What Are The Benefits For Global Brokers, Agents And Intermediaries If They Add International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) To Their Insurance Product Portfolio?
- From A Brokers Perspective The International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Market Is An Opportunity Ready To Be Taken
- The Benefits Of Providing IPMI To Global Brokers & Agents
- iPOLICY Magazine Speaks With Richard di Benedetto President Aetna International
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Speakers Announced For AMII AGM
- Airlec Ambulance Appoints Dr. Cyrille Montesinos As Medical Director
- Airlec Air Ambulance
- APRIL International Care UK Appoints New Business Development Manager
- A Third Of Expats In The UK Are Worried About Domestic Politics
- MSH International Boosts Its Global Expansion With New Health And Travel Insurance Products And Services
- CEGA's Medical Screening Solution Attracts Millstream Underwriting
- What’s Shaping The Assistance Needs Of The Globally Mobile?
- ECMO Repatriation On The Air Alliance Challenger 604
- BIBA Welcomes FCA’s Update On Improving Access To Travel Insurance For People With Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- AIG Appoints Kathleen Zortman as President & Chief Executive Officer of Private Client Group, General Insurance
- TAT Continues “Thailand Travel Shield” Insurance Project
- AM Best Affirms Credit Ratings of National General Insurance Company (P.S.C.)
- Claims Management Companies Enter FCA Regulation
- International Health Insurance 2019: The Definitive iPMI Market Report
- Starr Insurance Companies Taps Carmella Capitano To Lead Primary General Casualty-Risk Management
- FINEOS AdminSuite Core Platform In Production With Tier 1 US Group And Voluntary Benefits Carrier
- Brexit, The EU & IPT – AMII Chair Announces Key Themes For AGM
- Download Company e-Directory: iPMI - Assistance - Air Ambulance - Funeral Directors - Cost Containment - Claims Management + MORE
- AXA Global Healthcare Launches International Health Insurance Foundation Cover Level
- Video: Paul Tidy COO Explains How Generali Global Health Works With Group And External Partners
- 2019 Starts On A Positive Note For Passenger Demand
- Lloyd’s Reports Aggregated Market Results For 2018
- SOS International Publishes Annual Results For 2018
- China Exposes Hospitals Involved In Medical Insurance Fraud
- UAE Cabinet Approves New Provisions For Sponsoring Expat Family Members
- Marsh & Mclennan Completes Acquisition Of Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Established UAE Takaful Company Reports Significant Increase In Its Top-Line
- China Issues Foreign Investment Law: Guangxi Takes Initiative In Global Investment Promotion
- Healix International Offers Guidance For Employers With LGBT Employees Travelling To And Working In Brunei