Air Methods Corporation (Nasdaq:AIRM), the global leader in air medical transportation, announced today that it has entered into an agreement with Haiti Air Ambulance Service, Inc. ("Haiti Air Ambulance"), a New York not-for-profit corporation, to provide air medical transportation services to the Republic of Haiti.
Under the agreement, which is similar to a traditional hospital services contract, Air Methods will provide two Bell 407 helicopters (primary and dedicated back-up) and employ three pilots and two mechanics. Haiti Air Ambulance will employ the clinical crew and provide medical direction. Initially the service will conduct daytime only, inter-facility transports from outlying hospitals back to designated trauma and critical care facilities. As the country's EMS infrastructure begins to develop, scene transports may become a reality. The base will be located near the airport in the capital city of Port-au-Prince, and operations are anticipated to start in first quarter of 2014.
"Air Methods is very pleased to support Haiti Air Ambulance's wonderful humanitarian effort to bring such a valuable health care resource to the citizens of Haiti," said Aaron Todd, Air Methods' Chief Executive Officer. "Patients with survivable injuries in Haiti too often die because of lack of trauma care in remote parts of the country and poor road conditions. The ability of this service to extend the reach of trauma services in an expeditious way will save and improve hundreds of Haitian lives annually."
"At Haiti Air Ambulance, we find this service is an inescapable step toward increasing health care capacity and enhancing health care access to the citizens and visitors of Haiti, and it will directly contribute to the development of my country," said Reginald Auguste, Haiti Air Ambulance Board Member. "To accomplish the mission, we are proud to partner with the proven world leader in air medical operations, Air Methods. This is life changing for the country."
Air Methods Corporation (www.airmethods.com) is the global leader in air medical transportation. The Air Medical Services Division is the largest provider of air medical transport services in the United States. The United Rotorcraft Division specializes in the design and manufacture of aeromedical and aerospace technology. The Tourism Division is comprised of Sundance Helicopters, Inc. and Blue Hawaiian Helicopters, which provides helicopter tours and charter flights in the Las Vegas/Grand Canyon region and Hawaii, respectively. Air Methods' fleet of owned, leased or maintained aircraft features over 400 helicopters and fixed wing aircraft.
- HR Directors Report Rising Demand From Overseas Employees For iPMI Cover Over Past 5 Years
- Cegedim Insurance Solutions
- Black Friday Sale: Save £30 When You Publish A Front Page Exclusive News Story With iPMI Magazine
- Goral Assistance
- Travel Insurance Lessons From The Ryanair Cancellation Issue
- Publish A Front Page Exclusive News Story With New iPMI Magazine PR Distribution And Marketing Service
- Video: AXA Half Year 2017 Earnings Interview with Thomas Buberl, CEO of AXA
- Holiday Risks Campaign Encourages Uptake Of Travel Insurance
- AOC Insurance Broker Launch Revolutionary App Featuring International Health Insurance Comparative Search Engine With E-Health Services
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- A Third Travelling Without Insurance, And 10% Leaving Cover Until The Last Minute
- AMII Chair Responds To April UK PMI Withdrawal
- It’s In The Genes For International Medical Insurance Providers
- Bupa UK Appoints Sales Director For Health Clinics
- Allianz Care Announces New Partnership With ICE Insurance In Mozambique