HCA Holdings, Inc. has selected AirMed International to provide global air medical transport services for the healthcare system's more than 300,000 employees and dependents covered by HCA health insurance.
HCA Healthcare is comprised of locally managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers located in 20 U.S. states and in the United Kingdom. It performs 26 million patient encounters annually.
When HCA's insured workforce and dependents are hospitalized anywhere in the world, AirMed International will provide bedside to bedside medical transportation back to an HCA facility for continued hospital care. With a global reach, AirMed International has flown more than 20,000 missions in all 50 states and over 150 countries on six continents.
"AirMed International is grateful that HCA, one of the world's most impressive medical institutions, has entrusted our company with the transportation and health care of its insured employees and their families," said AirMed President Denise Treadwell. "It is also a further demonstration of HCA's confidence in the professionalism of our experienced medical and flight personnel."
Membership in AirMed International offers a 24/7 Logistics Center for worldwide medical referrals, consultations, prescription assistance, foreign travel advisories, threat assessments and emergency message services. A preferred operator for many other top hospitals around the globe, as well as a contracted carrier for the U.S. Department of Defense, and Wheels UP private flight club, AirMed operates its own fleet of fully customized and permanently configured jets.
AirMed offers medical care and bedside-to-bedside transportation on a worldwide basis and has experienced air medical crews. With state-of-the-art medical jets and respected medical teams, AirMed delivers uncompromising patient care. AirMed owns and operates all aircraft, as well as employing its own dispatch, fight, and medical teams. This vertical integration ensures seamless service and world-class care 24/7/365.
Latest from International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Magazine
- XL Catlin Launches Protect And Assist In The UK
- Is International Medical Insurance The Right Choice?
- The Challenges Expats And Their Families Face
- Global Insurance Industry Set To Grow More Strongly By 2018
- Aviva Acquires Entire Shareholding In Vietnam JV
- Health Centers, Clinics, Insurance Brokers And Insurance Companies Fined For Violating The Dubai Mandatory Health Insurance Law
- The Dubai Health Authority signs MoU with The Doris Duan Young Autism Center
- Hannover Re Acquires Lloyd’s Syndicate
- CEGA Appoints New Business Development Manager To Meet Growing Demands For Medical And Security Assistance
- Frank Mee Appointed President Of Insurance Ireland
- Myths & Confusion Stop Millions From Saving On Health Insurance Premiums
- UnitedHealth Group 2017 First Quarter Highlights
- Emirates ID Card To Grant Daman And Thiqa Members Access To Healthcare Services Across The UAE
- Cyclone Debbie Costs Approximately $350M
- Swiss Re Opens Regional HQ In Singapore
- Populism And Terrorism Converge To Compound Global Risks
- Severe US Weather Expected To Cost Insurers More Than $2bn
- Employee Engagement Declining Across The Globe
- Early Start To Severe Weather Season Takes Its Toll On US Economy
- Cigna Launch New Expatriate Healthcare Product Specifically Created For Companies Based In France