HCA Holdings, Inc. has selected AirMed International to provide global air medical transport services for the healthcare system's more than 300,000 employees and dependents covered by HCA health insurance.
HCA Healthcare is comprised of locally managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers located in 20 U.S. states and in the United Kingdom. It performs 26 million patient encounters annually.
When HCA's insured workforce and dependents are hospitalized anywhere in the world, AirMed International will provide bedside to bedside medical transportation back to an HCA facility for continued hospital care. With a global reach, AirMed International has flown more than 20,000 missions in all 50 states and over 150 countries on six continents.
"AirMed International is grateful that HCA, one of the world's most impressive medical institutions, has entrusted our company with the transportation and health care of its insured employees and their families," said AirMed President Denise Treadwell. "It is also a further demonstration of HCA's confidence in the professionalism of our experienced medical and flight personnel."
Membership in AirMed International offers a 24/7 Logistics Center for worldwide medical referrals, consultations, prescription assistance, foreign travel advisories, threat assessments and emergency message services. A preferred operator for many other top hospitals around the globe, as well as a contracted carrier for the U.S. Department of Defense, and Wheels UP private flight club, AirMed operates its own fleet of fully customized and permanently configured jets.
AirMed offers medical care and bedside-to-bedside transportation on a worldwide basis and has experienced air medical crews. With state-of-the-art medical jets and respected medical teams, AirMed delivers uncompromising patient care. AirMed owns and operates all aircraft, as well as employing its own dispatch, fight, and medical teams. This vertical integration ensures seamless service and world-class care 24/7/365.
Latest from International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Magazine
- Kempinski Hotel Indonesia Partners With International SOS On Healthcare For Guests
- Investing And Operating In Russia: International SOS And Enhesa Launch White Paper
- Aspire Lifestyles Appoints New CEO
- Beacon Acquires Louisiana Based Remote Medical Company
- Seven Corners Hires Chief Financial Officer
- Seven Corners Hires New Director of Claims
- French Health System Approves Reimbursement Of QIAGEN's QuantiFERON Latent TB Test
- Is Travel Insurance Worth Your Money This Summer?
- DHA Announces Eid Al Fitr 2017 Timings For DHA Hospitals And Medical Centers
- Passenger Demand Surges in April - Laptop Ban May Be Affecting Middle East-US Traffic
- ALC Health Approved as Lloyd's Coverholder, Opens Hong Kong Office
- FCA Asks For Feedback On Consumer Access To Travel Insurance For Cancer
- Global Assistance Partners Joins International Assistance Group In South Korea
- Teladoc To Acquire Best Doctors To Provide Virtual Healthcare Delivery Platform
- Expats Most Commonly Relocate For Better Career Opportunities
- Bupa Completes 8% Stake Increase In Bupa Arabia
- MetLife Names New Chief Human Resources Officer
- Cigna Scores Official Sponsorship with the Dallas Wings
- Sutter Health and Aetna to Establish New Health Plan in Northern California
- More Than Half of U.S. Provider-Owned Plans Experienced Underwriting Loss in 2016