HCA Holdings, Inc. has selected AirMed International to provide global air medical transport services for the healthcare system's more than 300,000 employees and dependents covered by HCA health insurance.
HCA Healthcare is comprised of locally managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers located in 20 U.S. states and in the United Kingdom. It performs 26 million patient encounters annually.
When HCA's insured workforce and dependents are hospitalized anywhere in the world, AirMed International will provide bedside to bedside medical transportation back to an HCA facility for continued hospital care. With a global reach, AirMed International has flown more than 20,000 missions in all 50 states and over 150 countries on six continents.
"AirMed International is grateful that HCA, one of the world's most impressive medical institutions, has entrusted our company with the transportation and health care of its insured employees and their families," said AirMed President Denise Treadwell. "It is also a further demonstration of HCA's confidence in the professionalism of our experienced medical and flight personnel."
Membership in AirMed International offers a 24/7 Logistics Center for worldwide medical referrals, consultations, prescription assistance, foreign travel advisories, threat assessments and emergency message services. A preferred operator for many other top hospitals around the globe, as well as a contracted carrier for the U.S. Department of Defense, and Wheels UP private flight club, AirMed operates its own fleet of fully customized and permanently configured jets.
AirMed offers medical care and bedside-to-bedside transportation on a worldwide basis and has experienced air medical crews. With state-of-the-art medical jets and respected medical teams, AirMed delivers uncompromising patient care. AirMed owns and operates all aircraft, as well as employing its own dispatch, fight, and medical teams. This vertical integration ensures seamless service and world-class care 24/7/365.
Latest from International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Magazine
- Expatriate Group Launch Short Term IPMI Cover
- Burns & Wilcox Adds Top Executive to High-Net-Worth Practice
- Vista Launches VTO, Providing High-end Health Care Services To High Net-worth Individuals In China
- High-Net-Worth Individuals Worry About Underinsurance And Look For Service Excellence
- A.M. Best Revises Issuer Credit Rating Outlook to Positive for Worldwide Medical Assurance, Ltd. Corp
- Wellaway Limited Introduces Orbe; A New Global Health Insurance Product That Provides Coverage For Pre-Existing Conditions
- A.M. Best Affirms Credit Ratings Of Bupa México Compañía de Seguros, S.A. de C.V.
- Munich Re Generates A Profit Of €733m In Second Quarter
- Video Interview: Aegon's CEO Alex Wynaendts Discusses Aegon's 2nd Quarter Results 2017
- Video Interview: Zurich Insurance Group CEO Mario Greco Speaks About Half Year Results 2017
- The Potential Costs Of Emergency Medical Treatment Faced By UK Travellers Overseas
- VIDEO: 2017 Half Year Results Interview With Aviva Group CEO Mark Wilson
- A.M. Best Affirms Credit Ratings Of Delvag Versicherungs-AG
- European Commission Approves Acquisition Of Banco Popular Español S.A. By Banco Santander
- Aviva Announce 10 Year General Insurance Agreement With HSBC
- AGER To Acquire Aegon Ireland
- Berkshire Medical Center RNs File Unfair Labor Practice Charge Over Hospital's Refusal To Provide Health Insurance Data
- Ping An Launches Special Initiatives to Support Jiuzhaigou Earthquake Disaster Zone
- Rise In Insurance Claims On Horizon After Scrapped Employment Tribunal Fees
- Generali Global Assistance Appoints Tarik Ajami As Chief Compliance Officer And General Counsel Of North America Unit