Erlanger Health System officials have announced that Life Force plans to add a sixth helicopter to its fleet of air ambulances in August.
The new Life Force Airbus H135, operated by Med-Trans Corporation, will be based in Andrews, North Carolina at the Western Carolina Regional Airport outside of Murphy, North Carolina. Erlanger Health System also announced that it has signed a letter of intent with Murphy Medical Center.
The additional aircraft is expected to begin accepting patient flights on Aug. 15, 2017, and the letter of intent is in response to an advanced relationship that is being discussed between Erlanger Health System and Murphy Medical Center. The due diligence process required by the letter of intent should take both organizations approximately 90 days to complete with the goal of reaching a definitive agreement on the future relationship by September-October timeframe.
“Erlanger and Murphy have signed an exclusive letter of intent to explore how our organizations can partner closer together to enhance and grow the existing medical care already being offered by Murphy Medical Center,” said Robert M. Brooks, executive vice president and chief operating officer for Erlanger Health System.
“The letter of intent is the first step in the process of exploring what the best structure could be for both Murphy Medical Center and Erlanger Health System.”
The addition of the new Life Force helicopter brings the Life Force fleet to six total helicopters -four dual engine aircraft equipped with instrument flight rules (IFR) and two single-engine aircraft that use visual flight rules (VFR).
Erlanger’s Life Force provides the clinical team for medical operations and Med Trans Corporation provides pilots and mechanics for the aeromedical service, along with the aircraft. Med Trans equips the Life Force fleet with Airbus H135 helicopters and Bell 407 helicopters. The H135 model will be stationed at the Andrews base.
“Since 1988, Life Force has been bringing the hospital to the patient and this is something that communities have come to rely on,” said Robbie Tester, vice president of operations for Erlanger Health System.
“We are pleased to be able to expand that service further into the Western Carolina region to continue serving the residents, hospitals, local EMS [emergency medical services] agencies. The IFR components certainly increase safety and efficiency for the crews as well as those living or visiting in that region. It provides area residents easier access to world class facilities like Erlanger Health System when they need it most,” he said.
Life Force is accredited by the commission for accreditation of medical transport systems and is nationally ranked as one of the highest performing air medical services in the country.
As the only air ambulance program region that carries ultrasound, blood and plasma products and is credentialed by physicians at Erlanger to perform emergency surgical airway procedures while in-flight, Life Force also provides on-the-scene and in-flight critical care treatment such as trauma service, heart and stroke intervention, cutting edge pediatric care and high risk labor services to the patients in the aircraft.
- MedAire And Aerosafety In-Flight Medical Kit Receive Both ANVISA And ANAC Certification
- Apollo Hospitals Expands Air Ambulance Service
- GrowFL Announces 2017 Florida Companies to Watch Finalists
- International Assistance Group And Ace Air & Ambulance New Partnership Guarantees Emergency Medical Care In Zimbabwe
- Milestone For European Air Ambulance With Completion Of Fleet Renewal Programme
- Air Alliance Medflight UK Aeromedical Team Achieves Eurami Accreditation
- European Air Ambulance And Mexico-Based Airlink Air Ambulance Announce International Collaboration
- European Air Ambulance Welcomes 4th Learjet 45XR
- UCXtra MedJet to Revolutionise Fixed Wing Medical Air Transport
- Jet Rescue Continues To Grow Its Air Ambulance Fleet
Latest from International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Magazine
- Seguros Bolivar Launches New Generation Of Tiered International Health Plans In Colombia
- Generali Global Assistance Releases 2017 Recap For Travel And Insurance Trends
- iPMI Magazine International Private Medical Insurance Providers Network Directory February 2018
- Insurers Place An Increasing Emphasis On Creating Long-Term Bancassurance Partnerships
- IPMI Boom: Survey Reveals UK Businesses Plan More Overseas Assignments In 2018