Erlanger Health System officials have announced that Life Force plans to add a sixth helicopter to its fleet of air ambulances in August.
The new Life Force Airbus H135, operated by Med-Trans Corporation, will be based in Andrews, North Carolina at the Western Carolina Regional Airport outside of Murphy, North Carolina. Erlanger Health System also announced that it has signed a letter of intent with Murphy Medical Center.
The additional aircraft is expected to begin accepting patient flights on Aug. 15, 2017, and the letter of intent is in response to an advanced relationship that is being discussed between Erlanger Health System and Murphy Medical Center. The due diligence process required by the letter of intent should take both organizations approximately 90 days to complete with the goal of reaching a definitive agreement on the future relationship by September-October timeframe.
“Erlanger and Murphy have signed an exclusive letter of intent to explore how our organizations can partner closer together to enhance and grow the existing medical care already being offered by Murphy Medical Center,” said Robert M. Brooks, executive vice president and chief operating officer for Erlanger Health System.
“The letter of intent is the first step in the process of exploring what the best structure could be for both Murphy Medical Center and Erlanger Health System.”
The addition of the new Life Force helicopter brings the Life Force fleet to six total helicopters -four dual engine aircraft equipped with instrument flight rules (IFR) and two single-engine aircraft that use visual flight rules (VFR).
Erlanger’s Life Force provides the clinical team for medical operations and Med Trans Corporation provides pilots and mechanics for the aeromedical service, along with the aircraft. Med Trans equips the Life Force fleet with Airbus H135 helicopters and Bell 407 helicopters. The H135 model will be stationed at the Andrews base.
“Since 1988, Life Force has been bringing the hospital to the patient and this is something that communities have come to rely on,” said Robbie Tester, vice president of operations for Erlanger Health System.
“We are pleased to be able to expand that service further into the Western Carolina region to continue serving the residents, hospitals, local EMS [emergency medical services] agencies. The IFR components certainly increase safety and efficiency for the crews as well as those living or visiting in that region. It provides area residents easier access to world class facilities like Erlanger Health System when they need it most,” he said.
Life Force is accredited by the commission for accreditation of medical transport systems and is nationally ranked as one of the highest performing air medical services in the country.
As the only air ambulance program region that carries ultrasound, blood and plasma products and is credentialed by physicians at Erlanger to perform emergency surgical airway procedures while in-flight, Life Force also provides on-the-scene and in-flight critical care treatment such as trauma service, heart and stroke intervention, cutting edge pediatric care and high risk labor services to the patients in the aircraft.
- MedAire And Aerosafety In-Flight Medical Kit Receive Both ANVISA And ANAC Certification
- Apollo Hospitals Expands Air Ambulance Service
- GrowFL Announces 2017 Florida Companies to Watch Finalists
- International Assistance Group And Ace Air & Ambulance New Partnership Guarantees Emergency Medical Care In Zimbabwe
- Milestone For European Air Ambulance With Completion Of Fleet Renewal Programme
- Air Alliance Medflight UK Aeromedical Team Achieves Eurami Accreditation
- European Air Ambulance And Mexico-Based Airlink Air Ambulance Announce International Collaboration
- European Air Ambulance Welcomes 4th Learjet 45XR
- UCXtra MedJet to Revolutionise Fixed Wing Medical Air Transport
- Jet Rescue Continues To Grow Its Air Ambulance Fleet
- Vighter Medical Group Awarded NAAMTA Medical Escort Accreditation
- AAR Airlift Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- Video: Medic Air Teams Evacuates Belgian Traveller From Ho Chi Minh City To Brussels
- Air Alliance Welcomes Second Challenger 604 To Their Air Ambulance Fleet
- REVA Inc. Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- Air Alliance Medflight Opens Medical Office In Birmingham UK
- Air Methods Responds To ABC News Air Ambulance Investigation
- Air Methods To Acquire Tri-State Care Flight
- New Challenger 604 At Air Alliance
- Eva Kluge Appointed As New Director Of Sales And Business Development At Air Alliance Medflight
Latest from International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Magazine
- Jet Rescue Responds To Earthquake In Mexico
- Thomas Wafer Appointed As Chairman, Willis Re, North America, Alongside New Vice-Chair Jeffrey Livingston
- Insurance Has Grown Rapidly In Emerging Markets But There Are Still Significant Protection Gaps
- DHA Launches The ‘Salem’ Medical Fitness And Occupational Screening System & A New Medical Fitness Center In The Jumeirah Lake Towers
- Noor Dubai Foundation Benefits Over 25 Million People Through Free Treatment And Preventive Programs
- Global Expansion Of 2nd.MD Innovative Expert Opinion
- National Friendly Private Medical Insurance Plan To Ease NHS Waiting Times
- New Commercial Development Manager Appointed At Insurance Specialists National Friendly
- Demand For New Solutions Beyond Traditional Core Reinsurance Business Continues To Grow
- Willis Towers Watson Hires Albert Li To Lead Insurance Consulting And Technology Business In Hong Kong And Taiwan
- Developing Cover For New Risks
- Enhancing Plans To Meet Fresh Challenges In The International Private Medical Insurance Market
- Download: iPMI Magazine International Medical Assistance And TPA Provider Network Directory September 2017
- Download: iPMI Magazine Insurance Providers Network Directory September 2017
- Download: iPMI Magazine Air Ambulance Owners Operators Brokers Provider Network Directory Company Guide September 2017
- Aetna Offers Assistance To Members Affected By Hurricane Irma
- Starr Companies Appoints Dave Fitzgerald As Global Chief Claims Officer
- MSH International Enters IPMI Market In Germany With The Acquisition Of BDAE
- Record Passenger Load Factor In July
- New International Health Insurance Plan For Individuals In Dubai