Apollo Hospitals, India, in association with a Bengaluru based aviation firm has expanded its air ambulance service facility to Tier-II cities.
The expansion of air ambulance service facility to Tier-II locations was formally launched by Health and Family Welfare department, Principal Secretary, J Radhakrishnan along with Aviators Air Rescue Pvt Ltd, Managing Director, Captain Arun Sharma. With the launch of Air Ambulance service, Apollo Hospitals aims to connect Karaikudi, Karur, Madurai, Tiruchirapalli, Mysore, Karimnagar, Kakinada and Vishakapatnam, a press release said. The air ambulance launched in association with Aviators Air Rescue, would have a medical crew to address emergency victims and critically-ill patients.
"Air Ambulances could cut travel time by as much as 90 per cent and immediate medical attention can go a long way in saving lives", Apollo Hospitals, Vice-Chairperson, Dr Preetha Reddy said.
She said over 60 million people in India are affected due to cardiac diseases and over 0.5 million road accidents occur every year, where at least 0.1 million deaths were reported.
Apart from addressing emergency patients, organs from brain dead patients for transplant in different locations can be transported using the air ambulance network.
Apollo Hospitals has dedicated hubs in Chennai, Bengaluru and Hyderabad for the air ambuance service. The cost of services using air ambulance would range between Rs 1.60 lakh to Rs two lakh per hour, it added.
Apollo Hospitals launched the air ambulance emergency services in 2003 and later expanded it to New Delhi and Bengaluru. About 125-150 air transfers of patients take place in a year.
- MedAire And Aerosafety In-Flight Medical Kit Receive Both ANVISA And ANAC Certification
- Life Force Adds 6th Helicopter In North Carolina
- GrowFL Announces 2017 Florida Companies to Watch Finalists
- International Assistance Group And Ace Air & Ambulance New Partnership Guarantees Emergency Medical Care In Zimbabwe
- Milestone For European Air Ambulance With Completion Of Fleet Renewal Programme
- Air Alliance Medflight UK Aeromedical Team Achieves Eurami Accreditation
- European Air Ambulance And Mexico-Based Airlink Air Ambulance Announce International Collaboration
- European Air Ambulance Welcomes 4th Learjet 45XR
- UCXtra MedJet to Revolutionise Fixed Wing Medical Air Transport
- Jet Rescue Continues To Grow Its Air Ambulance Fleet
- Vighter Medical Group Awarded NAAMTA Medical Escort Accreditation
- AAR Airlift Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- Video: Medic Air Teams Evacuates Belgian Traveller From Ho Chi Minh City To Brussels
- Air Alliance Welcomes Second Challenger 604 To Their Air Ambulance Fleet
- REVA Inc. Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- Air Alliance Medflight Opens Medical Office In Birmingham UK
- Air Methods Responds To ABC News Air Ambulance Investigation
- Air Methods To Acquire Tri-State Care Flight
- New Challenger 604 At Air Alliance
- Eva Kluge Appointed As New Director Of Sales And Business Development At Air Alliance Medflight
Latest from International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Magazine
- Thomas Wafer Appointed As Chairman, Willis Re, North America, Alongside New Vice-Chair Jeffrey Livingston
- Insurance Has Grown Rapidly In Emerging Markets But There Are Still Significant Protection Gaps
- DHA Launches The ‘Salem’ Medical Fitness And Occupational Screening System & A New Medical Fitness Center In The Jumeirah Lake Towers
- Noor Dubai Foundation Benefits Over 25 Million People Through Free Treatment And Preventive Programs
- Global Expansion Of 2nd.MD Innovative Expert Opinion
- National Friendly Private Medical Insurance Plan To Ease NHS Waiting Times
- New Commercial Development Manager Appointed At Insurance Specialists National Friendly
- Demand For New Solutions Beyond Traditional Core Reinsurance Business Continues To Grow
- Willis Towers Watson Hires Albert Li To Lead Insurance Consulting And Technology Business In Hong Kong And Taiwan
- Developing Cover For New Risks
- Enhancing Plans To Meet Fresh Challenges In The International Private Medical Insurance Market
- Download: iPMI Magazine International Medical Assistance And TPA Provider Network Directory September 2017
- Download: iPMI Magazine Insurance Providers Network Directory September 2017
- Download: iPMI Magazine Air Ambulance Owners Operators Brokers Provider Network Directory Company Guide September 2017
- Aetna Offers Assistance To Members Affected By Hurricane Irma
- Starr Companies Appoints Dave Fitzgerald As Global Chief Claims Officer
- MSH International Enters IPMI Market In Germany With The Acquisition Of BDAE
- Record Passenger Load Factor In July
- New International Health Insurance Plan For Individuals In Dubai
- Mexico Insurance Market In A Stronger Solvency Position One Year After New Regulations