Apollo Hospitals, India, in association with a Bengaluru based aviation firm has expanded its air ambulance service facility to Tier-II cities.
The expansion of air ambulance service facility to Tier-II locations was formally launched by Health and Family Welfare department, Principal Secretary, J Radhakrishnan along with Aviators Air Rescue Pvt Ltd, Managing Director, Captain Arun Sharma. With the launch of Air Ambulance service, Apollo Hospitals aims to connect Karaikudi, Karur, Madurai, Tiruchirapalli, Mysore, Karimnagar, Kakinada and Vishakapatnam, a press release said. The air ambulance launched in association with Aviators Air Rescue, would have a medical crew to address emergency victims and critically-ill patients.
"Air Ambulances could cut travel time by as much as 90 per cent and immediate medical attention can go a long way in saving lives", Apollo Hospitals, Vice-Chairperson, Dr Preetha Reddy said.
She said over 60 million people in India are affected due to cardiac diseases and over 0.5 million road accidents occur every year, where at least 0.1 million deaths were reported.
Apart from addressing emergency patients, organs from brain dead patients for transplant in different locations can be transported using the air ambulance network.
Apollo Hospitals has dedicated hubs in Chennai, Bengaluru and Hyderabad for the air ambuance service. The cost of services using air ambulance would range between Rs 1.60 lakh to Rs two lakh per hour, it added.
Apollo Hospitals launched the air ambulance emergency services in 2003 and later expanded it to New Delhi and Bengaluru. About 125-150 air transfers of patients take place in a year.
- Life Force Adds 6th Helicopter In North Carolina
- GrowFL Announces 2017 Florida Companies to Watch Finalists
- International Assistance Group And Ace Air & Ambulance New Partnership Guarantees Emergency Medical Care In Zimbabwe
- Milestone For European Air Ambulance With Completion Of Fleet Renewal Programme
- Air Alliance Medflight UK Aeromedical Team Achieves Eurami Accreditation
- European Air Ambulance And Mexico-Based Airlink Air Ambulance Announce International Collaboration
- European Air Ambulance Welcomes 4th Learjet 45XR
- UCXtra MedJet to Revolutionise Fixed Wing Medical Air Transport
- Jet Rescue Continues To Grow Its Air Ambulance Fleet
- Vighter Medical Group Awarded NAAMTA Medical Escort Accreditation
- AAR Airlift Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- Video: Medic Air Teams Evacuates Belgian Traveller From Ho Chi Minh City To Brussels
- Air Alliance Welcomes Second Challenger 604 To Their Air Ambulance Fleet
- REVA Inc. Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- Air Alliance Medflight Opens Medical Office In Birmingham UK
- Air Methods Responds To ABC News Air Ambulance Investigation
- Air Methods To Acquire Tri-State Care Flight
- New Challenger 604 At Air Alliance
- Eva Kluge Appointed As New Director Of Sales And Business Development At Air Alliance Medflight
- Angel MedFlight Poised For Growth With New Corporate Headquarters
Latest from International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Magazine
- A.M. Best Affirms Credit Ratings of Sirius International Group, Ltd. and Its Main Subsidiaries
- UnitedHealth Group 2nd Quarter Highlights
- Global Work Forces Still Vital For Big Business
- Taking Control of Infection Control: A Clean Bill of Health For Jet Rescue Air-Ambulance
- China Signals Commitment to Tighter Financial Regulation
- A.M. Best Revises Outlooks to Stable for GBG Insurance Limited
- Aetna International Claims Double Wins At Insurance Asia Awards 2017
- International Health Insurance Plans For Intergovernmental Organisations
- Awesome Air Evac
- Concur Empowers Businesses To Protect Travellers With Concur Locate And Active Monitoring
- Nearly 30% Of Travel Managers Are Unsure How Long It Would Take To Locate Employees In Crisis Situations
- Council Of State Authorises Co-Planing In France
- FCA Fines Compliance Oversight Officer For Pension Transfer Failings
- Seven Corners Hires President of Latin America, Caribbean Region
- Friday Flash Sale: SAVE £300 When You Purchase Brand New BREXIT And Insurance 2017 Report
- Download IPMI Provider Network Directory Company Guide July 2017
- Passenger Demand Moderates From Recent Peak But Stays Strong
- Aviva Launches Low-Cost, Top-Up Health Insurances To Corporate Market
- Cigna Global Health Benefits Introduces Market Leading App
- AXA Strengthens International Healthcare Proposition For Growing Businesses