Medical and travel security risk services provider MedAire, an International SOS company, and strategic partner Aerosafety are the first organization in Brazil to receive approval, to distribute prescription medication in medical kits, from both Agência Nacional de Aviação Civil (ANAC) and Agência Nacional de Vigilância Sanitária (ANVISA).
“We are the only group in the region to have this approval and capability. Medical and drug standards vary drastically throughout the world. Receiving this certification has taken careful consideration and has been subject to audits from governing bodies,” said Jodi Ash, General Manager of the Americas, MedAire.
MedAire and Aerosafety partner to provide best-in-class emergency equipment for aviation, along with 24/7 medical and security assistance and crew medical training.
“Medications present in this kit are recommended based on MedAire’s worldwide experience to address the most common to more serious events that may occur in-flight. The certification obtained both from aviation and health regulators in Brazil are undoubtedly a testimony of the quality and compliance standards of our partner in that country,” said Paulo Alves, Global Medical Director, MedAire.
The first product launched with this certification is MedAire’s Emergency Medical Kit, which contains important prescriptions to assist flight crew in stabilizing passengers with critical illnesses or injuries while in flight.
MedAire and Aerosafety have been ISO:9001 certified since 2015, recognising both organisation’s commitment to quality of care and compliance to stringent ISO/TS 13131 measures.
- Burns & Wilcox Adds Top Executive to High-Net-Worth Practice
- Vista Launches VTO, Providing High-end Health Care Services To High Net-worth Individuals In China
- High-Net-Worth Individuals Worry About Underinsurance And Look For Service Excellence
- Providing iPMI To High Net Worth Individuals
- Video: Tom Wilkinson CEO of AXA’s Global Healthcare Business Talks About Developing Global Talent
- Apollo Hospitals Expands Air Ambulance Service
- Life Force Adds 6th Helicopter In North Carolina
- GrowFL Announces 2017 Florida Companies to Watch Finalists
- International Private Medical Insurance Claims For Depression Rise
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Tom Wilkinson, CEO of AXA’s Global Healthcare Business
Latest from International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Magazine
- Expatriate IPMI And International Healthcare Insurance Plans For Groups And Individuals In Switzerland
- Neonatal Transport Out Of The UK: Air Alliance And Embrace Enter Strategic Partnership
- VIDEO: Bupa Managing Director Of Health Insurance Dr Dwayne Crombie Talks Proposed Private Health Insurance Reforms In Australia
- MetLife Selected As A Provider For The U.S. Department Of Veterans Affairs Dental Insurance Program (VADIP)
- UnitedHealthcare And Optum Take Action To Support People Affected By Wildfires In Northern California