Medical and travel security risk services provider MedAire, an International SOS company, and strategic partner Aerosafety are the first organization in Brazil to receive approval, to distribute prescription medication in medical kits, from both Agência Nacional de Aviação Civil (ANAC) and Agência Nacional de Vigilância Sanitária (ANVISA).
“We are the only group in the region to have this approval and capability. Medical and drug standards vary drastically throughout the world. Receiving this certification has taken careful consideration and has been subject to audits from governing bodies,” said Jodi Ash, General Manager of the Americas, MedAire.
MedAire and Aerosafety partner to provide best-in-class emergency equipment for aviation, along with 24/7 medical and security assistance and crew medical training.
“Medications present in this kit are recommended based on MedAire’s worldwide experience to address the most common to more serious events that may occur in-flight. The certification obtained both from aviation and health regulators in Brazil are undoubtedly a testimony of the quality and compliance standards of our partner in that country,” said Paulo Alves, Global Medical Director, MedAire.
The first product launched with this certification is MedAire’s Emergency Medical Kit, which contains important prescriptions to assist flight crew in stabilizing passengers with critical illnesses or injuries while in flight.
MedAire and Aerosafety have been ISO:9001 certified since 2015, recognising both organisation’s commitment to quality of care and compliance to stringent ISO/TS 13131 measures.
- Quick Air Adds Modern And Efficient Learjet 45XRS To Air Ambulance Fleet
- Save 25% When You Join iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory - Black Friday Sale Starts Now
- 24 Hours Left - Save 25% When You Join iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory - OFFER ENDS 23RD Oct 2018
- Save 25% When You Join iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory*
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory October 2018
- UnitedHealthcare Global Launch New International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Product
- Cigna Opens New Global Sales Centre For Global Individual Private Medical Insurance Business At Dubai International Financial Centre
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory September 2018
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory August 2018
- Expanding UK Based DoctorCall Becomes An International Assistance Group Accredited Service Provider
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Air Freight Demand Flat In November 2018
- Solid But Moderating Passenger Demand In November
- Current Flights Protected, But Future Growth At Risk From No Deal Brexit
- Challenging Buying Conditions For Insurance In 2019 With Key Underwriters Ceasing To Write Certain Classes
- Bupa Cromwell Hospital Opens New Paediatric Outpatient Department