Medical and travel security risk services provider MedAire, an International SOS company, and strategic partner Aerosafety are the first organization in Brazil to receive approval, to distribute prescription medication in medical kits, from both Agência Nacional de Aviação Civil (ANAC) and Agência Nacional de Vigilância Sanitária (ANVISA).
“We are the only group in the region to have this approval and capability. Medical and drug standards vary drastically throughout the world. Receiving this certification has taken careful consideration and has been subject to audits from governing bodies,” said Jodi Ash, General Manager of the Americas, MedAire.
MedAire and Aerosafety partner to provide best-in-class emergency equipment for aviation, along with 24/7 medical and security assistance and crew medical training.
“Medications present in this kit are recommended based on MedAire’s worldwide experience to address the most common to more serious events that may occur in-flight. The certification obtained both from aviation and health regulators in Brazil are undoubtedly a testimony of the quality and compliance standards of our partner in that country,” said Paulo Alves, Global Medical Director, MedAire.
The first product launched with this certification is MedAire’s Emergency Medical Kit, which contains important prescriptions to assist flight crew in stabilizing passengers with critical illnesses or injuries while in flight.
MedAire and Aerosafety have been ISO:9001 certified since 2015, recognising both organisation’s commitment to quality of care and compliance to stringent ISO/TS 13131 measures.
- 3 Exclusive Summer Offers From iPMI Magazine
- ECMO Repatriation On The Air Alliance Challenger 604
- FAI Welcomes Seventh Global Express
- Learjet 35 XA-DOC Performs Successful Emergency Landing At Toluca Executive Airport, Mexico
- EURAMI Names Claudia Schmiedhuber Managing Director Of EURAMI e.V. And CEO at EURAMI Global GmbH
- Sheldon Kenton Appointed President And CEO Of IPMI Leader GeoBlue
- International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Policy Designed To Meet The Needs Of Expatriates Living In France Pre And Post BREXIT
- Quick Air Adds Modern And Efficient Learjet 45XRS To Air Ambulance Fleet
- Save 25% When You Join iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory - Black Friday Sale Starts Now
- 24 Hours Left - Save 25% When You Join iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory - OFFER ENDS 23RD Oct 2018
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- FOCUS ON FRAUD: iPMI Magazine Speaks With Simon Cook, Head Of Technical Claims, CEGA Group, A Charles Taylor Company
- Tensions In The Gulf And Iran And The Impact On Insurance Premiums
- Association Of Medical Insurers And Intermediaries Welcomes 'More' New Members
- Sedgwick Appoints Wayne Cheng Chief Operations Officer For Asia
- Voyager Insurance Services Achieve 5-Star Rating With Moneyfacts