Tyrol Air Ambulance (TAA) and Pediatric Air Ambulance will work closely together in the future to provide intensive care transports for children. The collaboration has recently been finalized after successful equipment tests on the Cessna Citation and Gulfstream 100 aircraft types used by TAA.
In the future, children’s intensive care transports will be carried out jointly between both companies. Through this cooperation, Austrian air ambulance provider TAA will offer both incubator and children’s intensive care transports, expanding on its existing product portfolio of single, double and organ transports.
“In TAA we have acquired an experienced and internationally operating air ambulance partner,” said Dr. med. Matthias Huebner, Medical Director of Pediatric Air Ambulance, based in Germany. Manfred Helldoppler, Managing Director of TAA added: “As other requirements need to be fulfilled for children’s intensive care transport than for transport for adults, it was important for us that we find a partner with the corresponding expertise. In Pediatric Air Ambulance, we have found the ideal cooperation partner for this purpose and one which also shares the TAA philosophy.”
For joint assignments, TAA will deliver the aircraft and flight crew, whilst Pediatric Air Ambulance will provide the specialized medical crew for the children and the necessary equipment required in neonatology and children’s intensive care medicine. The paediatricians will be selected from experienced specialists and consultants working at university hospitals, primarily Ludwig-Maximilians University Hospital in Munich. The paediatric nurses will typically have a “specialist paediatric intensive care medicine” qualification or a similar qualification in paediatrics.
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- The Carlyle Group To Become Majority Investor In Sedgwick In $6.7 Billion Transaction
- Cigna Opens New Global Sales Centre For Global Individual Private Medical Insurance Business At Dubai International Financial Centre
- Aetna International's Virtual Health Solution Recognised At WSB Awards
- Cigna Commits To Global Mobile Employee Health With Launch Of Integrated Wellbeing App
- Generali Global Assistance Appoints Philippe Gervais President Of Travel Insurance