Jet-Rescue Air-Ambulance (USA and Mexico) donated costly critical care medical-evacuation service for the benefit of a severely burned victim of a botched assassination attempt on the life of the Mexican Attorney General that took place in early June. Bullets from the failed assassination attempt hit the fuel tank of a bus which caught on fire.
A mother and her infant son were trapped in the bus, while all others managed to escape the flames. The baby died from his injuries, while his mother survived with sever 3rd degree burns. “My wife and I were deeply affected by this tragedy, said Carlos Salinas CEO and owner of Jet Rescue. Marta and I made a split-second decision to donate our aeromedical evacuation service to transport this mother to the Level-1 Trauma and Burn center of UT Medical Center in Galveston. Our dramatic gesture coupled with laud public outcry against crime in our community, compelled the Federal Government of Mexico to fund the $2M in projected medical treatment expenses of this patient.
“Jet Rescues’ commitment to charity is a byproduct of our family-centered and faith based approach to our work” says Shai Gold, Managing Director of Corporate Strategy & Development.
“Marta and Carlos Salinas did not hesitate to take action and rallied the community around them in an effort to alleviate the human consequences of this senseless tragedy”, concluded Gold.
With 10 dedicated LearJet air-ambulances, Jet Rescue operates the largest international medevac service in LATAM out of bases in Mexico City and Guadalajara. Jet Rescue’s USA H.Q. is at Opa Locka International Executive Airport in Miami. Jet Rescue Mexico Owns and Operates its Air Ambulance Fleet under Mexico AOC MTS/2015. All US and Mexican flag aircraft are owned by the company, Jet Rescue is the registered trademark of Med Jets SA de CV and Med Jets USA Inc. Worldwide Air Ambulance Service.
- MedAire And Aerosafety In-Flight Medical Kit Receive Both ANVISA And ANAC Certification
- Apollo Hospitals Expands Air Ambulance Service
- Life Force Adds 6th Helicopter In North Carolina
- GrowFL Announces 2017 Florida Companies to Watch Finalists
- International Assistance Group And Ace Air & Ambulance New Partnership Guarantees Emergency Medical Care In Zimbabwe
- Milestone For European Air Ambulance With Completion Of Fleet Renewal Programme
- Air Alliance Medflight UK Aeromedical Team Achieves Eurami Accreditation
- European Air Ambulance And Mexico-Based Airlink Air Ambulance Announce International Collaboration
- European Air Ambulance Welcomes 4th Learjet 45XR
- UCXtra MedJet to Revolutionise Fixed Wing Medical Air Transport
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory August 2018
- Half Of Travellers Aged 18-24 Would Risk Travelling Without Insurance
- Senior Promotions As Now Health International Progresses Global Growth Strategy
- 17.6 Million Would Struggle To Recover From A Financial Shock Or Loss Of Income
- 3 Reasons Travel Insurance Isn't Just For International Trips