Jet-Rescue Air-Ambulance (USA and Mexico) donated costly critical care medical-evacuation service for the benefit of a severely burned victim of a botched assassination attempt on the life of the Mexican Attorney General that took place in early June. Bullets from the failed assassination attempt hit the fuel tank of a bus which caught on fire.
A mother and her infant son were trapped in the bus, while all others managed to escape the flames. The baby died from his injuries, while his mother survived with sever 3rd degree burns. “My wife and I were deeply affected by this tragedy, said Carlos Salinas CEO and owner of Jet Rescue. Marta and I made a split-second decision to donate our aeromedical evacuation service to transport this mother to the Level-1 Trauma and Burn center of UT Medical Center in Galveston. Our dramatic gesture coupled with laud public outcry against crime in our community, compelled the Federal Government of Mexico to fund the $2M in projected medical treatment expenses of this patient.
“Jet Rescues’ commitment to charity is a byproduct of our family-centered and faith based approach to our work” says Shai Gold, Managing Director of Corporate Strategy & Development.
“Marta and Carlos Salinas did not hesitate to take action and rallied the community around them in an effort to alleviate the human consequences of this senseless tragedy”, concluded Gold.
With 10 dedicated LearJet air-ambulances, Jet Rescue operates the largest international medevac service in LATAM out of bases in Mexico City and Guadalajara. Jet Rescue’s USA H.Q. is at Opa Locka International Executive Airport in Miami. Jet Rescue Mexico Owns and Operates its Air Ambulance Fleet under Mexico AOC MTS/2015. All US and Mexican flag aircraft are owned by the company, Jet Rescue is the registered trademark of Med Jets SA de CV and Med Jets USA Inc. Worldwide Air Ambulance Service.
- Air Alliance Joins International Assistance Group As Accredited Service Provider
- Fox Flight Air Ambulance Expands Lear 40-XR Fleet
- Skyservice Air Ambulance Rebrands As Skyalta
- ECMO Repatriation On The Air Alliance Challenger 604
- FAI Welcomes Seventh Global Express
- Learjet 35 XA-DOC Performs Successful Emergency Landing At Toluca Executive Airport, Mexico
- EURAMI Names Claudia Schmiedhuber Managing Director Of EURAMI e.V. And CEO at EURAMI Global GmbH
- Quick Air Adds Modern And Efficient Learjet 45XRS To Air Ambulance Fleet
- MedAire And Aerosafety In-Flight Medical Kit Receive Both ANVISA And ANAC Certification
- Apollo Hospitals Expands Air Ambulance Service
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- AXA And Accor Launch Strategic Partnership To Offer Medical Assistance In Hotels Worldwide
- iPMI Magazine Protects Business During COVID-19
- Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Launches Defense Base Act Coverage Globally Via Dedicated Team In Dubai
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory May 2020
- COVID-19: Air Alliance Launches Modern Isolation Transport Unit “EpiShuttle”