German carrier Quick Air Jet Charter received its second Learjet 45XR in 2018 expanding their air ambulance fleet to 10 dedicated air ambulance aircraft.
“With this step the renewal and modernisation of the fleet begins. Modern aircraft and state-of-the-art medical equipment are an investment in patient safety and in the operational efficiency of the fleet” says Georg Griesemann, Deputy Manager of Quick Air.
Both aircraft (callsign D-CQAA and D-CQAB) were converted to flying ICUs (pictured above) by Quick Airs own Part 145 maintenance facility ASK-Air Service Klausheide cooperating with a Part-21 design organisation. 26 years of experience in the field of airborne patient transportation shaped the idea of this air ambulance aircraft cabin. The whole cabin conversion was accomplished in-house, strategically planned as a conversion package including the installation of a Lifeport PLUS double stretcher system.
Further an individual designed three-part medical equipment mounting system so-called medical wall (pictured below) was adjusted to the aircraft cabin. Quick Air is STC holder for the medical wall and is willing to support other companies with their expertise and experience.
Additional modifications were completed including the replacement of the standard flooring by a certified, easy to clean and disinfectable rubber floor and the conversion of the first cabin seat to provide wider access for the patient loading ramp system. With the new cabin layout a transport of two intensive care patients with two full medical teams including two flight physicians and two flight nurses could be possible which makes this aircraft beneficial efficient.
In another cabin configuration with only one stretcher on board up to seven passengers are able to fly beside the patient. An additional benefit of this aircraft is the outer baggage compartment which can easily offer space for up to five suitcases, a wheelchair or a rollator.
- Aeromexico Partners With MedAire For Best-in-Class In-Flight Medical Assistance & Crew Support
- STC for the EpiShuttle On Aircraft Type CL-600 Obtained By FAI Air Ambulance
- FAI Named Finalist For Seventh Time In ITIJ Air Ambulance Company Of Year Awards
- European Air Ambulance Announce Their Challenger 605 Is Ready To Fly
- FREE WEBINAR: Discover The New Challenger 605 Of European Air Ambulance
- REVA Opens New Ireland Base
- New Managing Director At Air Alliance
- Airlec Air Espace Achieves Successful Primary EURAMI Accreditation
- Massive Demand For FAI Air Ambulance’s COVID-19 Transport
- Universal Air Evac Acquire And Implement A Portable Negative Pressure Isolation Unit
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Eithan Wolf, CEO, PassportCard Germany
- HCI Group Launches New Modular iPMI Plan, NIMBL Health
- APRIL International Maintains Top IPMI Service Rating For 2nd Consecutive Year
- Allianz Partners Continues Growth Trajectory Driven By Travel Rebound
- Allianz Partners Enhances Health Business With New Appointments