On a Feb. 7, 2019 takeoff from Toluca Airport, Mexico, on an organ retrieval mission, a Jet Rescue Learjet-35 XA-DOC, experienced a problem with its brake system. The pilot circled the airport and landed successfully with minor damage. The crew and retrieval team of 7 physicians are safe.
“Flight safety is our top priority. This is the first adverse incident experienced by our fleet in 20 years of operations. It will be dealt with in a transparent manner. We are thankful for the remarkable skill and calmness exhibited by our pilots. It clearly made a difference in containing the incident” said Carlos Salinas CEO/COO of Jet Rescue Air Ambulance.
“This matter will be investigated further by the Mexican Aviation Authorities and a complete report will be made available to the relevant regulatory agencies and to EURAMI, the Jet Rescue accreditation organization. Finally, I am humbled by the many people who reached out, as soon as the news broke out, to express their support and confidence in Jet Rescue during this time. On behalf of my family and employees, I thank you very much for standing with us. God Bless”. concluded Salinas.
- ECMO Repatriation On The Air Alliance Challenger 604
- FAI Welcomes Seventh Global Express
- EURAMI Names Claudia Schmiedhuber Managing Director Of EURAMI e.V. And CEO at EURAMI Global GmbH
- Quick Air Adds Modern And Efficient Learjet 45XRS To Air Ambulance Fleet
- Life-Saving Flight From Mexico To Galveston Donated By Jet-Rescue Air-Ambulance
- Learn All About Jet Rescue Air Ambulance
- MedAire And Aerosafety In-Flight Medical Kit Receive Both ANVISA And ANAC Certification
- Taking Control of Infection Control: A Clean Bill of Health For Jet Rescue Air-Ambulance
- Awesome Air Evac
- Apollo Hospitals Expands Air Ambulance Service
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- CEGA Makes Senior Medical Appointment For New Spanish Office
- Horwich Farrelly And LV= Strike Further Blow To Fraudulent Claims Boss Who Is Jailed For Six Months
- First Stop Health Delivers Best Practices for High ROI Telemedicine
- Transactional Risk Insurance Use By Investors Reached Record Levels In 2018
- Collinson Enhances Global Medical Assistance Team With Key Appointments