German carrier Quick Air recently received its third Learjet 45XR expanding their air ambulance fleet to 11 dedicated air ambulance aircraft.
The new aircraft (callsign D-CQAC) (Fig.1) has been converted to a flying ICU by Quick Airs own Part 145 maintenance facility ASK-Air Service Klausheide. With the experience of the first two Learjet 45XR (D-CQAA & D-CQAB), which were added in 2018, the whole cabin conversion (pictured below) could be accomplished in-house, strategically planned as a conversion package including the installation of a Lifeport PLUS double stretcher system and an individually designed three-part medical equipment mounting system.
With the new cabin layout a transport of two intensive care patients with two full medical teams including two flight physicians and two flight nurses could be possible which makes this aircraft beneficial efficient. In another cabin configuration with only one stretcher on board up to seven passengers are able to fly beside the patient.
An additional benefit of this aircraft is the outer baggage compartment which can easily offer space for up to five suitcases, a wheelchair or a rollator. The Quick Air Team is proud of their latest achievements.
“We focus on a modern, efficient and well-structured fleet and will continue to invest in its fundamental renewal. This will enable Quick Air to continue to offer a leading product quality and at the same time fly even more economically. Modern aircraft and state-of-the-art medical equipment are an investment in patient safety and in the operational efficiency of the fleet” says Georg Griesemann, Deputy Manager of Quick Air.
- FAI Named Finalist For Seventh Time In ITIJ Air Ambulance Company Of Year Awards
- Airlec Air Espace Achieves Successful Primary EURAMI Accreditation
- Universal Air Evac Acquire And Implement A Portable Negative Pressure Isolation Unit
- Tyrol Air Ambulance Now Transports COVID-19 Patients
- COVID-19: Air Alliance Launches Modern Isolation Transport Unit “EpiShuttle”
- Air Alliance Joins International Assistance Group As Accredited Service Provider
- FAI Welcomes Seventh Global Express
- Air Alliance Wins Air Ambulance Provider Of The Year Award 2nd Year In A Row
- Air Alliance Adds Second Learjet 35 To Their UK Operation, CQC Approval
- AirCARE1 International Celebrates 1st Anniversary of New Learjet Aircraft
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Eithan Wolf, CEO, PassportCard Germany
- HCI Group Launches New Modular iPMI Plan, NIMBL Health
- APRIL International Maintains Top IPMI Service Rating For 2nd Consecutive Year
- Allianz Partners Continues Growth Trajectory Driven By Travel Rebound
- Allianz Partners Enhances Health Business With New Appointments