Tyrol Air Ambulance can now also transport patients suffering from most infectious diseases, e.g. COVID-19.
Isolation units especially adapted by Air Ambulance Technology (https://www.airambulancetechnology.com) for our ambulance fleet of Citation Bravo and Gulfstream 100 aircraft is used for these transports. The insulation system works with negative pressure, which reduce the germ load and minimizes the risk of a contamination of the environment.
Everyone, from small to large can be safely transported in this isolation chamber, including intensive care patients. In the isolation unit even babies and infants in an incubator can also be transferred safely and without medical restrictions. The company's incubator is used for such pediatric transports.
"With the possibility of transporting infectious patients, we are well prepared for the summer now that travel restrictions are lifted", says Manfred Helldoppler, Managing Director of Tyrol Air Ambulance. "The need for repatriations of COVID-19 patients is very likely to increase with the rising volume of travel activities," Helldoppler continues.
Tyrol Air Ambulance operates a fleet of seven ambulance jets for worldwide medical repatriations and runs a 24-hour Operations Control Center at Innsbruck Airport.
Photo credits: Copyright Tyrol Air Ambulance.
Photo 1: Isolation unit of Tyrol Air Ambulance.
Photo 2: Isolation unit on board the air ambulance jet of Tyrol Air Ambulance.
- Universal Air Evac Acquire And Implement A Portable Negative Pressure Isolation Unit
- ACC Aviation Partners With Air Ambulance Systems Specialist AeroMedical
- REVA Accomplishes Complex Mission To Transport COVID-19 Patients Home
- COVID-19: Air Alliance Launches Modern Isolation Transport Unit “EpiShuttle”
- Air Alliance Joins International Assistance Group As Accredited Service Provider
- Fox Flight Air Ambulance Expands Lear 40-XR Fleet
- Quick Air Adds The 3rd Modern And Efficient Learjet 45XR To Its Fleet
- Skyservice Air Ambulance Rebrands As Skyalta
- ECMO Repatriation On The Air Alliance Challenger 604
- FAI Welcomes Seventh Global Express
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- COVID-19 Accelerates Insurance Digitalization To Meet Customer Demand: World InsurTech Report 2020
- UK Economy Loses £32m Every Day As Result Of No Airbridge With The US
- Quarantine Measures Hampering The Restart Of Aviation In Africa And The Middle East
- IATA Comment On Studies Regarding Onboard Transmission of COVID-19
- Bupa Announces Evelyn Bourke Is Retiring As Group CEO And Appoints Iñaki Ereño from 1 January 2021