Air Alliance Medflight is delighted to announce the appointment of Dr Neil Crooks as UK Medical Director.
Neil brings with him a wealth of experience in the aeromedical sector having worked as Deputy Medical Director for Air Alliance for 4 years and previously at Air Medical Ltd as well as undertaking commercial medical escort transfers for over 14 years.
Neil is a consultant in Intensive Care Medicine and Anaesthesia based at University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust.
“I am really looking forward to becoming more involved in the development of Air Alliance’s medical capabilities” says Neil. “We are in a unique position having a multi-national medical ops capability which we are continuing to integrate, giving us increased flexibility and resilience at a time of uncertainty with COVID-19”.
Neil will support Group Medical Director Dr Gert Muurling in the continued growth and development of the medical department, and in the management and of the 1,000 air ambulance transfers, undertaken by Air Alliance each year.
This appointment comes following the retirement of Dr Jonathon Warwick from the aeromedical industry. Jon played a key role in the development of the UK air ambulance industry over many years and will be sorely missed by all.
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- UnitedHealthcare Global Launches Expatriate Health Insurance Plans in Germany
- Why AXA Leaving The Middle East Is A Big Deal
- International Private Medical Insurance Magazine Provider Network Directory September 2021
- iPMI, COVID-19 And Global Mobility 2021
- European Air Ambulance Announce Their Challenger 605 Is Ready To Fly