As of 1 March, Dr. Michael Bitzer will join Air Alliance as managing director.
He will strengthen the team of the two managing directors Felix von Waldow and René Petersen. His main focus will be strategy, sales/business development and medical services. This puts the Air Alliance management in an excellent position for further growth.
Dr. Bitzer studied medicine and business administration and brings with him extensive experience in the areas of healthcare, insurance and international sales, particularly in the important strategic growth market Middle East, where he worked for over 20 years in the United Arab Emirates and the entire Gulf region on behalf of global corporations.
Air ambulance flights are not a new territory for Dr. Bitzer. As longterm medical officer with the German Armed Forces, he coordinated evacuation flights in former Yugoslavia as part of the IFOR mission.
Air Alliance has mastered the challenges of 2020 very well. The successful long-haul air ambulance segment, the company's own state-of-the-art maintenance facility with support for its own aircraft fleet and the rapidly growing aircraft sales, based upon the long-term partnership with aircraft manufacturer Pilatus, all form a solid foundation on a strong capital base.
Air Alliance is continuously focussing on the growth of the international ambulance and repatriation business: With the acquisition of the first Learjet 45 XR, investments have already been made in expanding and modernising the fleet. Medicine as a core competence and the international contract business are also being expanded.
- REVA Opens New Ireland Base
- Airlec Air Espace Achieves Successful Primary EURAMI Accreditation
- Massive Demand For FAI Air Ambulance’s COVID-19 Transport
- Universal Air Evac Acquire And Implement A Portable Negative Pressure Isolation Unit
- Tyrol Air Ambulance Now Transports COVID-19 Patients
- ACC Aviation Partners With Air Ambulance Systems Specialist AeroMedical
- REVA Accomplishes Complex Mission To Transport COVID-19 Patients Home
- Air Alliance Joins International Assistance Group As Accredited Service Provider
- Fox Flight Air Ambulance Expands Lear 40-XR Fleet
- Skyservice Air Ambulance Rebrands As Skyalta
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- HSBC Life Appoints Ying Teoh As Global Head Of Customer Proposition
- Introducing MediHelp International
- Pacific Prime Named Cigna Middle East's "Individual Broker of the Year" And "Innovative Broker of the Year" In 2020
- International Health Insurance 2020: The Definitive iPMI Market Report Is Now Available At A Reduced Price
- Singapore Sees A Drop In Rental Costs For Expatriates Due To The Effects Of Covid-19