FAI Named Finalist For Seventh Time In ITIJ Air Ambulance Company Of Year Awards Featured
- Written by iPMI Magazine
- font size decrease font size increase font size
The Air Ambulance Division of German Special Mission Operator FAI rent-a-jet AG is proud to be nominated as one of three finalists in the 2021 International Travel & Health Insurance Journal´s (ITIJ) Industry Awards – Air Ambulance Company of the Year category.
This is the 19th annual ITIJ Awards and marks the seventh nomination for FAI following another extraordinary year of activity in the air ambulance division. FAI won the award in 2012 and 2020 and has participated in it since 2004. The winners will be revealed during a celebratory lunch in Madrid on 4 November following the 29th annual ITIC Global conference.
Commenting on the nomination, Volker Lemke, Head of FAI´s Air Ambulance Division, said, “On behalf of FAI, I am incredibly proud to have been nominated again particularly given the second immensely challenging year we have had. Over the past year, we have experienced a significant increase in demand for long and ultra-long-range air ambulance business due to the pandemic and a recent uptick in short and medium range repatriation air ambulance business. As a demonstration of our resilience, our talented team of professionals have worked tirelessly to help those in need so I would like to extend huge thanks to them for making this nomination possible.”
FAI has been at the forefront of supporting the Covid pandemic response and in 2020, the company had one of its busiest years ever for its air ambulance fleet. This included medical evacuations of infected patients and repatriation flights of unaffected healthy individuals from all corners of the globe. During this time, FAI pioneered the roll-out of Covid-19 aeromedical transport capability, the EpiShuttle isolation pod. This enables self-contained oxygen and air ventilation directly to the patient, isolated from the cabin’s airflow.
The company is one of the world’s largest air ambulance jet operators. The 10-strong air ambulance fleet comprising Learjet 60, Challenger 604 and Bombardier Global Express is based at FAI´s Headquarters at Albrecht Dürer International Airport in Nuremberg. It is supported by more than 250 full-time staff plus 50 part-time physicians, nurses and paramedics. The company also specialises in air support in hostile areas for the world´s largest NGO.
- Aeromexico Partners With MedAire For Best-in-Class In-Flight Medical Assistance & Crew Support
- STC for the EpiShuttle On Aircraft Type CL-600 Obtained By FAI Air Ambulance
- European Air Ambulance Announce Their Challenger 605 Is Ready To Fly
- FREE WEBINAR: Discover The New Challenger 605 Of European Air Ambulance
- REVA Opens New Ireland Base
- New Managing Director At Air Alliance
- Airlec Air Espace Achieves Successful Primary EURAMI Accreditation
- Massive Demand For FAI Air Ambulance’s COVID-19 Transport
- Universal Air Evac Acquire And Implement A Portable Negative Pressure Isolation Unit
- Tyrol Air Ambulance Now Transports COVID-19 Patients
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Eithan Wolf, CEO, PassportCard Germany
- HCI Group Launches New Modular iPMI Plan, NIMBL Health
- APRIL International Maintains Top IPMI Service Rating For 2nd Consecutive Year
- Allianz Partners Continues Growth Trajectory Driven By Travel Rebound
- Allianz Partners Enhances Health Business With New Appointments