Cigna (NYSE:CI) has named John Roble as market president for its Mountain States market, which includes the states of Colorado, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming. Prior to this role, Roble served as the market’s vice president of sales, since 2012. He will be based in Denver.
In his role, Roble’s responsibilities include ensuring that Cigna's overall market strategy, product and network offerings meet the evolving needs of Cigna's customers and clients, partnering with area health care professionals and health systems to improve health, and leading Cigna's efforts to serve the community.
“John brings to this new role over a decade of deep market knowledge in health care and a well-established record for fostering growth,” said Julia Huggins, vice president, U.S. markets for Cigna. "He has made significant contributions to Cigna's success, and is a proven leader to help us deliver on the promise of our mission to improve the health, well-being and sense of security of the people we serve.”
Before moving to Colorado, Roble spent five years in Cigna’s Florida market, helping develop Cigna’s presence there. Prior to joining Cigna, Roble held leadership roles at Great-West Healthcare, which was later acquired by Cigna, and at Franklin Templeton Investments.
Roble earned an MBA from the University of South Florida in Tampa with a concentration in finance and a bachelor’s degree in business information systems from Florida State University. He serves as chair on the board of the American Cancer Society of Denver.
Latest from International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Magazine
- Seguros Bolivar Launches New Generation Of Tiered International Health Plans In Colombia
- Generali Global Assistance Releases 2017 Recap For Travel And Insurance Trends
- iPMI Magazine International Private Medical Insurance Providers Network Directory February 2018
- Insurers Place An Increasing Emphasis On Creating Long-Term Bancassurance Partnerships
- IPMI Boom: Survey Reveals UK Businesses Plan More Overseas Assignments In 2018