iPMI Magazine Executive Moves and Appointments News: Starr Companies has announced the appointment of Laura Owen as head of Accident & Health. Laura is based in our London, United Kingdom office and is responsible for all London market business and additionally growth and expansion in the European marketplace where local offices have been established.
“Laura brings extensive experience in the accident and health marketplace having worked for two well-known Lloyd’s syndicate,” stated Colin Buchanan, head of international casualty. Colin continues “her experience will benefit us in developing new channels and relationships particularly us we seek to grow in Europe.”
Starr Companies (Starr) is the worldwide marketing name for the operating insurance and travel assistance companies and subsidiaries of Starr International Company, Inc. and for the investment business of C.V. Starr & Co., Inc. and its subsidiaries. Starr is a leading insurance and investment organization with a presence on five continents; through its operating insurance companies, Starr provides property, casualty, and accident & health insurance products as well as a range of specialty coverages including aviation, marine, energy and excess casualty insurance. The following insurance company subsidiaries each have an A.M. Best rating of “A” (Excellent): Starr Indemnity & Liability Company, Starr Surplus Lines Insurance Company, Starr Syndicate Limited at Lloyd's of London, Starr International Insurance (Asia) Ltd., and Starr Insurance & Reinsurance Limited.
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- The Carlyle Group To Become Majority Investor In Sedgwick In $6.7 Billion Transaction
- Cigna Opens New Global Sales Centre For Global Individual Private Medical Insurance Business At Dubai International Financial Centre
- Aetna International's Virtual Health Solution Recognised At WSB Awards
- Cigna Commits To Global Mobile Employee Health With Launch Of Integrated Wellbeing App
- Generali Global Assistance Appoints Philippe Gervais President Of Travel Insurance