Starr Companies has announced the appointment of Ambassador Jose L. Cuisia, Jr. as chairman of Starr International Insurance Philippines Branch, a branch of Starr International Insurance (Asia) Limited, a company established and licensed to write general insurance in Hong Kong. Ambassador Cuisia will be working with local management for the strategic development and growth of the branch and other Starr entities for rapid growth in the region.
“Joey has had a long and distinguished career in both business and public service, including building Philam Life into the largest and most successful life insurer in the Philippines and serving as Ambassador to the country. We have been great friends and colleagues for a very long time and it is wonderful to work with him again at Starr.” stated Maurice R. Greenberg, chairman, Starr Companies.
As Ambassador of the Republic of the Philippines to the United States between 2011 and 2016, Joey greatly enhanced the relationship between the United States and the Philippines. Prior to his appointment as Ambassador, he led Philippine American Life and General Insurance Company for 16 years, the largest and most successful life insurer in that market under his leadership. He also served as Governor of the Philippine Central Bank and Chairman of its Monetary Board from 1990-1993.
Ambassador Cuisia is a graduate of De La Salle University in the Philippines and received an MBA from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- The APRIL Group Celebrates 30 Years With Industry Award Nomination And Commitment To IPMI
- Skyservice Air Ambulance International Announces The Opening Of Its New Vancouver Base Of Operations To Enhance Its Service Portfolio
- CEGA And Solace Appointed By Lush For Travel Risk
- Collinson Partners With Hiscox To Soothe Frustrated Travellers With SmartDelay
- Integra Global Launches New Worldwide Member Claims Portal