Hiscox has appointed Megan McConnell to the role of Director of Underwriting for Hiscox Re in London. Megan will become Joint Active Underwriter for Syndicate 33 and Active Underwriter for Syndicate 6104 and will join the Hiscox Syndicates Limited Board, subject to regulatory and immigration approval.
Megan joins Hiscox from Paraline, where she was Active Underwriter of Paraline (formerly ICAT) Syndicate 4242 and Special Purpose Arrangement 6123. For the past 12 years she has built up a commercial and personal lines insurance business and managed portfolios from a pricing, underwriting, operations, marketing and distribution perspective. Since 2010 Megan has also worked on strategic business planning for the Lloyd’s Syndicate including their reinsurance purchasing strategy. Megan has a BA in Mathematics and Philosophy and a Masters in Civil Engineering from the University of Colorado, and will be relocating to London from Colorado for this role.
In her new role Megan will oversee the Hiscox reinsurance underwriting team in London and play a leadership role in the team’s ambitions to innovatively match reinsurance risk with capital. Bolstering an already strong team, she will help the business to penetrate the deregulating US flood market with its new product, FloodXtra, and drive further growth in specialty lines such as cyber and terrorism.
Mike Krefta, Hiscox Re and ILS CEO, commented: “Megan is an exciting addition to our reinsurance team. Her experience of running a Syndicate was desirable to us and we will benefit from the fresh thinking she will bring.”
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- The APRIL Group Celebrates 30 Years With Industry Award Nomination And Commitment To IPMI
- Skyservice Air Ambulance International Announces The Opening Of Its New Vancouver Base Of Operations To Enhance Its Service Portfolio
- CEGA And Solace Appointed By Lush For Travel Risk
- Collinson Partners With Hiscox To Soothe Frustrated Travellers With SmartDelay
- Integra Global Launches New Worldwide Member Claims Portal